Wake up! Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Wake up! Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Post by captrakshitsharma » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Friends and IFGians we are all pro gun and see eye to eye on the already existing draconian arms act and the attempt to make it even more restrictive.

The issue at hand is close to all our hearts and affects all of us.

We all talk and criticize the laws and the changes proposed by the current home minister. Let me be politically incorrect and ask all of you truly that how many members have filled in and sent their forms?

This truly is not an attempt to look holier than thou or to point fingers or cause embarrasment to anyone. It is merely an attempt to give every one here a wake up call and get us all to kick the lazy habit of not filling and if filled and signed then not posting the forms.I take the liberty of making my friends and fellow members realize the gravity of the situation.

Act now or forget your guns and RKBA.

I can also say this because i know how many forms has NAGRI received and believe me the number is a very sorry figure when we compare it to the number of IFG forum members.

I am telling you folks we need your NAGRI forms badly.. and as many members as you can possibly get.

What we need firstly is for you to sign up and then make every member of your nuclear family sign up regardless of age.

We have a provision for minors also to sign up with their parents consent.

Once have made your nuclear family sign up you need to branch out and have extended family and friends to be made aware of the issue and if their sensibilities and ideology falls in line and they feel the same as us you must have them sign up.

If our membership numbers were not a few sorry thousands but lakhs then our case and situations would have been different.

This is one area where it will be nice to ape the west and the US in particular.

The gun lobby in the US is a strong one and no political party wants to be in the NRA's bad books because they loose votes.

Make NAGRI strong in numbers and an organisation like the NRA should be our aim and is our only hope .

The politicians understand only one language and work with and for only one leverage VOTES.

Some of our fellow member are working hard and all the support they need is your forms to go tell the politicos that we have numbers.

They are going in front of the Parliamentary standing committee for Home Affairs on this Tuesday. Don't let their efforts go in vain. Please dont make them cut a sorry figure if asked about the number of members and the number of people who are affected by this issue.

Let us send a message to the politicians that they will loose VOTES if they attempt to deprive and deny us of our rights. This is unfortunately the only language they understand and the only way any issue gets their attention.

Please support them. I also request those of you who have sent in the forms to not hold a grudge for not getting an acknowledgement. The resources were limited and hence the task of sending the acknowldgements has been slow on NAGRI's part . We are working on it and promise you will soon see the results.

There are a few members/prospective members who keep asking what benefits they will get?

To answer your questions i will say first do your bit and all we ask for is a form no money no subscription fee just a form. When the organization gets strong the benefits may be many and unfathomable. Rifle clubs , import of sporting rifles and ammo etc to name a few but first things first lets fight the law and the horrible changes that are underway of getting implememented and being proposed. Let us first fight and keep our basic rights that we hold and are on verge of loosing . Please do your bit... Make NAGRI strong....

Regards & Apologies if i have said anything that may have come accross as rude.

Rakshit.
Last edited by captrakshitsharma on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

For Advertising mail webmaster
Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Post by Priyan » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:57 pm

I have a few questions.
Does NAGRI accepts under 18 people?
Does one need to have guns to join NAGRI?
And most important, will I get any harassment from local authority if I join NAGRI?
I asked the last question as people in my place has a strong dislike towards guns but most new age guys are supporting it.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:48 am

Does NAGRI accepts under 18 people?
Yes. For details please read the first post by author of this thread, your question is answered there.
Does one need to have guns to join NAGRI?
No
And most important, will I get any harassment from local authority if I join NAGRI?
NAGRI is fully legal and formed by respectable and eminent citizens of this country. Please visit the website of NAGRI for details(http://www.gunowners.in). NAGRI stands for only things that are Legal and Constitutional. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms is a Fundamental Right under Articles 19 and 21(http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 15#p117785) The Fundamental Right of RKBA is being regulated by Arms Act 1959.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:32 am

:agree: good wake up call Rakshit! :clap:

Rakshit is spot on throughout his post, NAGRI needs YOUR support and needs it NOW!

No freebies and no benefits on the table, merely the guarantee that NAGRI will do it's utmost to work towards ensuring YOUR freedom. Let us not be the generation that allowed our freedom & liberty to be eroded into nothing.

Looking forward to all your support - not merely in terms of posts on the forum, but more membership forms rolling in. The very first step is to fill out your own form and send it in, would be great if you could apprise other family members/ friends of the issues at hand here and those who believe that we are on the right path - please don't just give them an empty form, in stead help them fill it out and post their forms to us. Please don't be shy, most people are open to logic and even if they seem hostile at the outset, all except the most bigoted usually see the logic of the pro-gun arguments. Now is as good a time as any to begin to spread the word. :)

Indian post is preferable and in our experience the most reliable - registered post/ speed post / ordinary post. Courier companies charge more and have (in our experience) been the least reliable in terms of getting the forms delivered.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks Abhijeet ,
Just got a bit passionate at night and wrote it up... Thanks for editing it and making the necessary changes. What again hurts is that people will say and write a lot but when you post something like this the responses and replies are very limited.
It is a matter of shame that we are a nation of people who talk and give opinions on every subject and issue but when it actually comes down to doing something we just sit and hope somebody will do something .Wishful thinking...Nothing gets done till you do it yourself...

-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm --

Dear priyan goodboy answered all your queries lemme repeat it again. No you dont have to own a gun to join , you can be below 18, and you will not get into any trouble with the law.

-- Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:39 pm --

You see Abhijeet no replies and posts....

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Wake up! Appeal to all member to send in NAGRI forms

Post by essdee1972 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:43 am

:oops: :stupid: :sorry:

Been carrying around a filled-in form in my bag for 3-4 months! Will send it this week.

:sorry: again!!!

Thanks, Captain sir, for the reminder!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

ruger_rugged
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by ruger_rugged » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:09 pm

Dear Rakshit,
I appreciate your effort for putting up this tread. Like all other fellow ifg members I would like to know if my forms have made to you guys. When sent by courier they came back and then I have put those in Indian Post and dont know if they have reached you. If not then I would like to send them again but there is no way to know that. There are thousands like me who are thinking alike. An email of receipt would have been great. But I know you guys are short handed and therefore unable to do so.
Anyways keep the good work on.

:cheers:

GurpreetSingh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GurpreetSingh » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:39 pm

have been trying to contact NAGRI ... telephone number is wrong /// mails sent are not being responded... so how does one register

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 pm

so how does one register
Please visit http://www.gunowners.in and download the membership form, take as many printouts/photocopies as required, fill them up and mail them from Post Office.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:31 pm

Thanks to all of you. It is of utmost importance to send in the form and kudos to esdee for being truthful. Ruger we will not disappoint you and send in your acknowledgement shortly. Please ask some other relatives and friends to sign up as well.
This battle will only be won when we have sufficient numbers to show to our politicians and they are convinced that hurting our rights will hurt their VOTES.

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:00 am

Sorry for late reply guys, I'm kinda new to here so I get confused with all the threads, I have sent a PM to few members about this issue but no one has responded. Anyway tomorrow I'll take the .pdf file on a flash drive and take a print out as I don't have a printer. BTW it would be great if someone could teel me if I need something like proof of identity. Will I receive any confirmation when I become a member of NAGRI? Oh, I'd really appriciate if they provides a shiny ID card that I can show to my friends so they will join too :) Haha ID card ka ek alaj hi andaaz hota hai, right?

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:00 am

There is no need of "proof" of identity etc., please just fill the forms and sent. The more people, the better.
Oh, I'd really appriciate if they provides a shiny ID card that I can show to my friends so they will join too :) Haha ID card ka ek alaj hi andaaz hota hai, right?
:roll: :oops: If you read the following probably you will understand http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 85&start=0

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 am

ruger_rugged wrote:Dear Rakshit,
Like all other fellow ifg members I would like to know if my forms have made to you guys.:
+1

If so few forms have reached NAGRI, I am wondering if my form got lost in transit. Will it be possible to get an acknowledgement by email etc, or even a list of members, to make sure our applications have been received.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:28 am

goodboy_mentor wrote:There is no need of "proof" of identity etc., please just fill the forms and sent. The more people, the better.
Oh, I'd really appriciate if they provides a shiny ID card that I can show to my friends so they will join too :) Haha ID card ka ek alaj hi andaaz hota hai, right?
:roll: :oops: If you read the following probably you will understand http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 85&start=0
Sorry about that man, I read the thread. I actually not drooling over the ID card but think if I say to my friends that I'm a member of a gun right association and they should join too, what their reply would be? "What's the proof" If I don't have one they will think maine makhan mara. NAGRI needs more publicity guys, here in my state no news source said even a single info about NAGRI. I think if if I could recruit 5 NAGRI members, I'd be truly glad.

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:55 pm

Yes we hear your concerns and suggestions and we are working on em. @priyank im sure u can do better than 5 however even five members are appreciated. if all existing member can rope in 10 to 20 members the multiplication really gets good figures. Not trying to sound cool or boast but i decided one day to get a lot of friends and family sign up and i had 50 forms at the end of the day. So pls keep at it. It is not as difficult as it seems, print out a copy and got to the nearest photcopy machine and get about a 50- 100 forms copied keep getting em filled as and when u can.I request you to not just give them to people to fill at leisure as they will never come back have em fill out there and then (if u can) or fill it for them and post those forms to NAGRI.