MPs Delegation goes to PM to protest against the Arms Policy

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: MPs Delegation goes to PM to protest against the Arms Policy

Post by Anand » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 pm

Awsome ! :D Words fail me. :D the simple fact that our cause has been taken to the notice of no less than the Honourable PM of India especially in so much detail(not merely a perfunctory objection letter!) thrills me. The gentlemen involved who have brought it to this stage have my thanks! Gentlemen hats off! :D :D :D

Regards,
Anand

For Advertising mail webmaster
Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:59 pm

m24 wrote: always carry a few printouts of the 1st page of the membership form, get it duly filled and signed from all those people who would at least listen to you.
Most of our people (very typical of them) are too skeptical. Thought they may listen but would pull out as soon as I flash the NAGRI form for them to sign.
Things like :
"I need time to read more into this" ....
"I'll think about it and decide" ....
Its as if not to sign, but I'm rather asking them to shoot then and there.
This is way too odd topic for a 21st century Indian to put his signature so soon. They're wary. That's how I've felt.
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but am just talking the unrelentingly leery mindset I've faced .. or is it that they're so busy? :(
Little success is that I could bring 2 on board and hope one more would join soon. I know its a very small no.

I think I should go and meet more of these buggers (my friends :lol: ) .. some won't get in by chats n calls na :)
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

Yaj
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Yaj » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:22 pm

Wow! This has exceeded my expectations! I think a lot of us have become too cynical (mea culpa).
I hope this is followed through with and something positive comes out of it.
Regards,
Yaj.
PS: Never liked Diggy raja too much as a politician in the past, but I must admit I see him in a light now :D
The more people I meet,the more i like my dog!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:09 am

I doff my hat to all the people behind this very heartening event. I sincerely hope that these efforts come to fruition soon.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

tonysilas
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tonysilas » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:33 am

:D :D well done!
:cheers:
‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:49 am

Mr.Naveen Jindal Is a close associate of Rahul Gandhi , So Abhijeet why not rope in Rahul Gandhi into this issue and get his support as well . Because what Rahul can do in India, no other person can even dream of. And this is a serious thought .
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

bill
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bill » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:47 pm

thats real good work!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP GUYS :agree:

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:20 pm

Brilliant work done there by NAGRI team & supporting MP's.
The Nation should & would be extremely thankful to Nagri, Abhijeet & others for fighting for their cause.

We salute you guys.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Virendra S Rathore wrote:
m24 wrote: always carry a few printouts of the 1st page of the membership form, get it duly filled and signed from all those people who would at least listen to you.
Most of our people (very typical of them) are too skeptical. Thought they may listen but would pull out as soon as I flash the NAGRI form for them to sign.
Things like :
"I need time to read more into this" ....
"I'll think about it and decide" ....
Its as if not to sign, but I'm rather asking them to shoot then and there.
This is way too odd topic for a 21st century Indian to put his signature so soon. They're wary. That's how I've felt.
I don't want to sound pessimistic, but am just talking the unrelentingly leery mindset I've faced .. or is it that they're so busy? :(
Little success is that I could bring 2 on board and hope one more would join soon. I know its a very small no.

I think I should go and meet more of these buggers (my friends :lol: ) .. some won't get in by chats n calls na :)
Gr8 effort virendra, but few refuses won't stop us, keep trying...good work....we need more & more & more....so )))cheers!!!

darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 am

good work by NAGRI and our honrable MP,s and especially thanks to our honrable PM. :cheers: :cheering: :cheering: :clap: :uncontrollable: ROTFL

doctor
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by doctor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:14 am

congrats to all those who have take up this honorable cause.
when is the meeting with the home minister and when do we expect to see some desired reaction from those in power

darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:00 pm

well lets see when mr chidambram came into action and gave their blessing on indian arms act. :deadhorse:

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Gentlemen,

Almost all the bills presented in the parliament this season, have been pulled back or modified under heavy scrutiny.
With this trend, I'm wondering what is going to happen when Arms Act amendment are bought on table.
Lets wait & watch !

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:50 pm

As per http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 62&start=0 the Bill was introduced in LS to amend Arms Act 1959 but as demanded(When Chidambaram was introducing the Bill, Chandrakant Khere(Shiv Sena) raised objections and demanded that it be referred to a Standing Committee. In his reply, the home minister said the Bill, indeed, would go to the Standing Committee.) Bill will be referred to Standing Committee. So members of Standing Committee need to be contacted by all of us and educated that this Bill is an eyewash. It is actually about the unconstitutional/illegal order MHA is trying to legalize with help of this simple looking Bill. Moreover can be suggested to rationalize Arms Act to make the process of arms license issuance objective and time bound.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

darashp
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by darashp » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:17 am

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre. :deadhorse: