NAGRI - membership OPEN NOW!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: NAGRI - membership OPEN NOW!

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:36 pm

yes what or how to contribute?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:48 pm

At the moment, following seems the greatest contribution one can make
All members are also requested to get their friends, their near and dear ones, their colony , society, work colleagues to join the movement.
If one can make copies of the application form and make as many people possible fill the forms and also mail them across along with his/her own application form, it would be nothing like it.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:20 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:At the moment, following seems the greatest contribution one can make
All members are also requested to get their friends, their near and dear ones, their colony , society, work colleagues to join the movement.
If one can make copies of the application form and make as many people possible fill the forms and also mail them across along with his/her own application form, it would be nothing like it.
:agree:
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:40 pm

M24 please enrol you kid at once :lol:
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:52 pm

nagarifle wrote:M24 please enrol you kid at once :lol:
Don't think they'll take proxy. :)

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:58 pm

I have forwarded abhijeets email to people on my email address book.
Some have gotten back to me with queries.
One query is as follows:

Life membership: 25000
annual membership: 500

so one can get 50 years worth of membership for 25000. A lot of my contacts dont expect to last that long so are asking what additional benefit does life membership have over annual one.

Others are sceptical if NAGRI is going to last 50 years. So isnt it better to pay per year?

sorry to sound this way but these were some queries i am putting up since i dont have the answer to them. :oops:
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:51 pm

Question though interesting, but this question of profit/loss analysis seems irrelevant at the moment since not a single rupee is required to join now. All they have to do is fill the form and post it to the address mentioned. I may sound rude, but I do not mean it. Surprisingly people are ready to pay lacs of rupees for "foreign made" junk floating in the market, they are willing to pay thousands of rupees as bribes, sometimes also amounting to lacs of rupees to get an arms license and not to mention the cost of self respect and dignity they loose while grovelling and begging for arms license in front of people who "matter". I think instead they should be willing to stand up for their rights and help themselves.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Congratulations Mundaire and to your team of dedicated co-workers. I can well imagine the enormouse effort which has gone into realisation of NAGRI. As the Chinese say, "A journey of a thousand mile, begins with the first step." The journey has begun, now it is upto all of us to take those small steps together.
Best Regards

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:29 pm

I agree with shooter, I think it would be good if we could get clarification on the annual and yearly membership pattern it will help for sure to get more people on board. Does one get a ID of some sort? is being a member of added weight for a person applying for a gun license? is NAGRI recognised by the govt?

I for sure think if the life membership pattern makes more economic sense NAGRI will make good money for a good cause and membership strength will increase. Any organisation to do well needs to have sound financial backing and member support.

reg drifter.

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:52 pm

update - Congratulations to all,

A gr8 start, I have started receiving applications, really in good number, some people have really contributed.....not in terms of money, but by collecting forms of there friends and relatives, and sending in whole bunch.....very good going.....Good keep it up...

chennai, hyd, mumbai-----only these people....rest yet to come.....

Guys, dont wait, send ur forms, I am really counting on all.......

"There are no points of the compass on the chart of true patriotism".

Robert C. Winthrop

)))cheers!!!

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Sorry for not responding earlier, but was travelling and was out of mobile & internet coverage. As to the queries that have come up:

a) Life & annual member fees: FOR NOW, we have only released the membership form for annual members and are asking FOR NO FEES AT ALL and neither are we (for now) accepting fees/ donations. As to what should be the fee structure going forward, well once you are members I'd suggest NAGRI members examine the organisation's need for funds, what it will offer members in return and balance it out with annual/ life membership fees and donations etc. The funds requirement for our immediate needs have been organised. AFTER ONE YEAR, if you feel that the work that NAGRI is doing is worth supporting through a paid up membership, we will be happy to accept your monetary support through your subscriptions and/ or donations.

b) What are the aims & objectives of NAGRI? In a gist: To protect the right of all citizens to keep & bear arms/ to have this right constitutionally recognised/ to promote safe, responsible & widespread gun ownership/ to promote marksmanship amongst all civilians etc.

c) Will becoming a member help you acquire an arms license? Not directly, but if NAGRI succeeds in it's objectives then the norms should be eased for all and everyone would benefit.

d) Any additional benefits? Just ONE benefit - helping us help every citizen (including you) protect their basic human right to keep & bear arms. As things evolve, NAGRI may initiate other activities as well, but nothing that will distract us from our primary purpose which is mentioned above.

e) Is NAGRI recognised by the government? What does this question mean? What sort of recognition?

f) We are NOT issuing ID cards at the moment, as we have more urgent issues to address and it is simply not a priority. In a few months, we will issue membership cards with member name & membership no. Details will be communicated to all members individually.

g) Arms license details are OPTIONAL in the form. But I request everyone to please provide their e-mail ID's as it would make communicating with members quicker & more cost efficient for us.

ONCE AGAIN: We are asking YOU to join our ranks by filling out, signing and sending across the form to the mentioned address. We are also asking you to get as many other like minded people as you can to do the same. WE ARE NOT ASKING FOR ANY MONEY - JUST YOUR SUPPORT BY YOUR JOINING OUR RANKS, GETTING OTHERS TO DO THE SAME.

If you'd like to wait & watch, that is entirely your call - but when they make things ever tighter for legitimate arms licensees/ arms license applicants, when ever more humiliation & hassles are thrust upon us - REMEMBER THAT YOU HAD A CHANCE TO HELP CHANGE THINGS FOR THE BETTER BUT YOU CHOSE TO WAIT & WATCH!

So, take a print out of the form, get a pen, fill it out, sign it and post it TODAY!
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

saket2010
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by saket2010 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:35 pm

congrats abheejeet!
hats off to you and your team
count me in
plz let me know if i could help in this noble cause

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Saket2010, at the moment, following seems the greatest contribution one can make

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm

Vikram wrote:
brihacharan wrote:by mundaire » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:28 am
>To enable the largest number of people to participate it has been decided to waive off admission & membership fees for the FIRST YEAR.

Hi Pritam Patel,
> Why have you submitted your application to NAGRI along with your cheque for Rs.1500/?
> The announcement clearly says that the fee for admission & membership has been waived for the FIRST YEAR. :roll:
> See IFGian Mundaire's quoted above.
Cheers
Brihacharan
I am sure that Preetam read it but still wanted to extend his support financially too instead of merely becoming a member. I respect that attitude.It doesn't hurt,does it? :wink: :D

Thanks Preetam for your check.

(I don't know if I can say this-Abhijeet,please correct me if I am mistaken)Anyone wishing to contribute,please do not hold back,unless such contributions are declined by NAGRI.JMHO.

Best-
Vikram
I was in hurry to go out of Ahmadabad( 455km one way road trip) and in excitement I didnt read instructions well .

any way NAGRI can utilize that amount for any good cause for our intention. :D

regards
pritam patel
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 am

I am sure that Preetam read it but still wanted to extend his support financially too instead of merely becoming a member. I respect that attitude.It doesn't hurt,does it? Thanks Preetam for your check.
(I don't know if I can say this-Abhijeet,please correct me if I am mistaken)Anyone wishing to contribute,please do not hold back,unless such contributions are declined by NAGRI.JMHO.
Best-
Vikram

Hi Vikram,
> I appreciate Preetam's gesture and your take on it! Just goes to show one's belief & commitment to the cause.
Cheers
Brihacharan