New Policy On Arms issued - ILLEGALLY!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: New Policy On Arms issued / implementation

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Wed May 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Yes, we need to move now and challenge this before it it is too late and nearly impossible.
I can tell it is very difficult to revert things in this country. We better avoid this disaster.

The ridiculous stubbornness of babus n MHA makes me think it is NOT just a battle behind closed doors now. If we can put out a word in public, may be political support would come around.

I know it seems like a big talk, but lets be honest; what we're touching is one of the most sensitive, unconventional and tough subjects of modern India. This isn't going to begin and end this a court case.
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

For Advertising mail webmaster
Roland
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Roland » Thu May 20, 2010 10:20 am

Why is there a slight but definite variation in the MHA website policy to the general public and the administrative notice sent to all states and UT's?
For instance, barring OCI's under threat perception has been deleted in the administrative notice.

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 am

mundaire wrote:soon I will be putting up a set of forms on behalf of NAGRI, would request everyone to download/ fill out/ get more people to fill out/ submit these forms ASAP... these will be required for our case, hence the request.

Cheers!
Abhijeet

any development in the mentioned subject.....???
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Tue May 25, 2010 2:54 pm

little good news guys......
secreatry home, has asked licensing authority delhi, to review there observation on the recent amended rules and send them........as also licensing authority in delhi, also have there objections.....(now this is internal)..

Now wait and watch.....

)))cheers!!!

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Tue May 25, 2010 7:47 pm

amit888_2000 wrote:little good news guys......
secreatry home, has asked licensing authority delhi, to review there observation on the recent amended rules and send them........as also licensing authority in delhi, also have there objections.....(now this is internal)..

Now wait and watch.....

)))cheers!!!

Every one lets cross our fingers for good news
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

New Arms Licence Policy - Report use of Ammunition annually!

Post by kb100 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:57 pm

Just read this... :shock:

Persons holding arms licences for non-prohibited bore (NPB) weapons will, from now on, be required to keep a record of the ammunition used (like date of use, place, number of bullets fired, purpose) and will have to report this to the state government.... and the article goes on!

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/mha-n ... cy/617170/

On the bright side it also says the .... "As against the earlier rules where an arms licence could be issued without a police verification, the revised policy prescribes that no arms licence for an NPB weapon may be granted without police verification and that the police authorities should be advised to send the report within 45 days, failing which they will be liable for action."

Any idea if this has been implemented? Or is this another one of those laws they can catch you unawares with!
A Closed Mouth Gathers No Feet!

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Re: New Arms Licence Policy - Report use of Ammunition annually!

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 pm

That's stupid.
As it is, a regular licence (not sports licence) allows you to purchase anything between 25 to 50 cartridges per annum. If you are really lucky you may have permission for a hundred.
Those posts from our American friends on IFG with cupboards full of ammo. are simply shocking for an Indian citizen. Something we can not even dream of today.
And now you have these guys asking us "dates,place,number and purpose".
I won't be surprised if this new policy leads to black marketing.
Last edited by prashantsingh on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tonysilas
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tonysilas » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:48 pm

i agree with prashantsingh... :agree:
‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:43 pm

kb100 wrote:Just read this... :shock:
Wakey wakey

Or were you not around when we were discussing the amended arms act?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:54 pm

hamiclar01 wrote:
kb100 wrote:Just read this... :shock:
Wakey wakey

Or were you not around when we were discussing the amended arms act?

Did I not start the post saying "Just read it.." meaning I had just read that article!? I have also given the link of the article which is clearly dated 11th of May 2010. I joined IFG only on the 4th of June and while I have been trying to read as much as I can (I'll admit to having been slightly partial to Rifle Club/Airgun related material), I clearly seem to have missed the discussion you refer to. Perhaps you can point us all towards the relevant thread while the mods decide if this thread needs to be merged/deleted?

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:07 pm

We have a link to the whole amendment in pdf format, with threads preceeding and following it's implementation. Please take time to search and go through them.
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

kb100
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kb100 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:08 pm

Oh I did find it now... albeit after some struggle. The relevant thread was under RKBA section ( :?: Why? ) - http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9468 (or so I think)

Unfortunately there are some notifications/'memorandums' contained in this thread http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... =30#p96388 some of which seem in contradiction to some of what is espoused above.

Some more information can be found here http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7707 and http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1474 from what I could see. Perhaps there are other tit bits all over as well.

As an aside Hamiclar01, from what I can see you clearly have been on the forum for over 4 years, and associated with this sport/bizz for perhaps more. Please do not assume everyone knows as much as you do about either the sport or the contents of the forum. These things are beyond the obvious "which gun/.22 or .177" kind of discussions. Many of us are still trying to decipher the difference between the 'ACT' and the 'NOTIFICATIONS', 'AMENDMENTS' 'MEMORANDUMS' , etc - all under various heads/thread-titles/Sections. I admit to being guilty of enthusiasm - in posting something which I just read and was shocked by. But personally, at first glance your 'wakey wakey' response to that came across as extremely condescending and rather sarcastic. Don't you think a simple line saying this has been discussed would have been more than enough :) . What would have been more helpful was a pointer but perhaps you have had your fill of doing that! We are all trying to get there... request that senior members like you keep fanning the enthusiasm of the newbies!

No Offence!

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm

The following are the original threads and hundreds of IFG members had sent their objections:
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 13&start=0
http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 12&start=0
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:53 pm

hamiclar01, I think kb100 has a valid point... lets all smoke the peace pipe and get on with the discussions. :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:05 pm

hi,
why not really do something about it... let the legal experts make a list of issues and file a petition. let Mr. Digvijay Singh and Mr. Jindal who are active sportsman and NRAI members as well as firearms enthusiasts. a proactive approach would be helpful than just sitting and crying foul...
lets all of us join nagri and proactively voice our concern.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357