Challenging the prohibition on the import of firearms.

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
veejosh
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Challenging the prohibition on the import of firearms.

Post by veejosh » Sat May 08, 2010 7:16 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:Laudable sentiments,zero chance of success.
WTP
For the likes of you - Nagarifle has the right quote.

Great thinking Raimanmeet
Vikas

For Advertising mail webmaster
DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Sat May 08, 2010 8:07 pm

Man we outta get more Lawyers into this forum!!
:cheers:

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat May 08, 2010 8:18 pm

All IFG'ans lets us give in all our energy, resources and try make this a success. Let this be the first practical initiative from this forum. Let us not sit back and accept defeat. I AM READY TO GIVE A TOUGH FIGHT TO THIS SYSTEM.
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

DAN
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by DAN » Sat May 08, 2010 8:27 pm

grewal wrote:All IFG'ans lets us give in all our energy, resources and try make this a success. Let this be the first practical initiative from this forum. Let us not sit back and accept defeat. I AM READY TO GIVE A TOUGH FIGHT TO THIS SYSTEM.
:agree: :agree:
Anyways, congrats on your 100th post

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Sat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

DAN wrote: :agree: :agree:
Anyways, congrats on your 100th post
Oh thank you thank you thank-you :D
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by .32 » Sat May 08, 2010 8:46 pm

Congrats Garewal saheb & kudos to your spirit.

True IFG'ians should get together & stand up to protect their own & fellow Citizens rights.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sat May 08, 2010 8:55 pm

veejosh wrote:
winnie_the_pooh wrote:Laudable sentiments,zero chance of success.
WTP
For the likes of you - Nagarifle has the right quote.
Vikas
Why,can't you think of anything yourself?

I see that there is no dearth of Sancho Panza's.Ride on brave knight.

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:42 am

WTP

Be assured none of them will make a firearm for you or any other Indian civilian.

Their primary markets are Indian Armed forces, Paramilitary forces, various Police forces AND third world countries as export customers

And I would really be surprised if any of them can make stuff equal to if not better than foreign made firearms. They just don't have the expertise, R&D effort required to be put in over sevral decades and the true burning desire to build something good for the people. They will mostly form JVs with some firang comapny, who will, like them be more interested in tapping the new market rather than delivering quality products

M.
winnie_the_pooh wrote:Just a question that we need to put to ourselves

"Do we want only imported firearms or do we want reliable well made firearms regardless of where they are made?"

If you want that former then you want that only those who travel abroad should be able to get a good firearm

If you want the latter then you are thinking of each and every person who is legally entitled to own a firearm

Personally I have no problem buying a pistol made by TATA/Mahindra/L&T/Bajaj or any other Indian maker as long as it is well made.

Open up gun manufacture and you would have another lobby working for you.One that will have money and the willingness to spend it.Unlike now.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Sun May 09, 2010 1:52 am

What skills that require decades to master, are you talking of.

They would be making guns and not building the Taj Mahal.

Nor are they going to make double barrel rifles.

Nor are they going to engrave their guns.

A major part of modern firearms,especially rifles and pistols is made from sheet metal,castings and forgings.Any one with a machine shop can turn out a reliable firearm.Should not take more than 6 months for them to be up and running.The players are already working on entering into partnerships with foreign firms.

You should also look at the fact that not all the firms are going to get orders.Only one will.The rest will probably be making rifles under license from the company that wins the contract.The civilian mkt. would then be the one to be explored by the looser's.

As far as the international mkt is concerned,it is highly competitive with well established players.India has no brand value.Margins are thin unlike the domestic civilian mkt.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Sun May 09, 2010 9:22 am

when are we going to start acting?

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun May 09, 2010 1:02 pm

WTP

These new players are NOT interested in the civilian market. Its simply not worth their while. They are pursuing portable infantry weapons, vehicles, ships, embedded systems, software not .22, .32 revolvers / pistols, 30-06 rifles and 12g shotguns. Whatever they do make, I would really be surprised to see a quality product coming out of their shop.

M.
winnie_the_pooh wrote:What skills that require decades to master, are you talking of.

They would be making guns and not building the Taj Mahal.

Nor are they going to make double barrel rifles.

Nor are they going to engrave their guns.

A major part of modern firearms,especially rifles and pistols is made from sheet metal,castings and forgings.Any one with a machine shop can turn out a reliable firearm.Should not take more than 6 months for them to be up and running.The players are already working on entering into partnerships with foreign firms.

You should also look at the fact that not all the firms are going to get orders.Only one will.The rest will probably be making rifles under license from the company that wins the contract.The civilian mkt. would then be the one to be explored by the looser's.

As far as the international mkt is concerned,it is highly competitive with well established players.India has no brand value.Margins are thin unlike the domestic civilian mkt.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

shyboy
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by shyboy » Sun May 09, 2010 4:34 pm

Glad to see some effort on this front.
Am sure it has been tried before and the government getting its way around.
will surely support any effort in this regard.
It is our fundamental right to 'Be protected ' .

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Tue May 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Gentlemen,

My guess is that this proposed meeting would be in Delhi but count me in for any sort of help from Bangalore.
I don't have a lot of wisdom but whatever is decided with maximum consensus and rigorous discussion, I'd flow with it.
I think it is inevitable that along with a centralized effort, we also team up in small local groups one at each major city to drive this on a larger scale .. coz I don't think that court is the only place this battle would always be fought or prepared for.
ven99 wrote: i think we should also collect information where the department rejects the application
and the applicant died by a hired gang or any other anti social elements ....
Do you know any way we could get hold of such info .. where to start looking ??

Good luck and Regards
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

mahboob
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mahboob » Wed May 12, 2010 3:29 am

hello manmeet , nice effort , mail me the rti formats at [email protected] i shall do whatever possible from my side in the state of jharkhand.
regards ,
mahboob.

raimanmeet
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by raimanmeet » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:01 am

I have posted a sample RTI application.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9933

We should get to work.
Cheers!!!!!!
--
Manmeet