New Policy On Arms issued - ILLEGALLY!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New Policy On Arms issued / implementation

Post by nagarifle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:45 am

winnie_the_pooh wrote:As expected besides a lot of hand wringing and chest beating nothing will be done.

No new licenses.Good.

No All India.Even better.

I hope this would knock some sense into people who had felt that It can't be done/It can never be done/It will never be implemented and the best of all,"Some one will challenge it in the court" that some one obviously being some one else.

Any thoughts on it's impact on skyrocketing firearms prices? Might turn it into a buyers market some years from now.Also,there might be more gun dealers selling mobile phones and accessories along with guns :wink: As it is,they were not contributing to the exchequer giving a bill for 20,000/- or so for a firearm sold for 4-5 lakhs

IOFB can,off course,kiss it's civilian arms market good bye
:agree:

time for ACTION before its tooo late.

individually one can find it hard to pay legal costs etc but jointly we can do it. the biggest threat to politician is lose of popularity and votes. if we can do either they will go along with what is right.

Time to get out of the closed closet. And in to open arena of RKBA.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

For Advertising mail webmaster
winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:56 am

A request to all,

IF you have the resources and the energy to see this through,only then file a writ in any court.A half hearted attempt at this stage can and will be very damaging.

Off course,the screws are already being tightened on the 'shooters'.The MHA has them by the b***s even though they don't realize it.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:37 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote: Off course,the screws are already being tightened on the 'shooters'.The MHA has them by the b***s even though they don't realize it.
I don't want to let them handle my b***s... could you shed more light on how they can still hold them ? 8)

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:22 pm

Olly wrote:I don't want to let them handle my b***s... could you shed more light on how they can still hold them ? 8)
Squeeze as in pain and not hold or handle.

Off course the latter is legal now and would entirely depend upon you ROTFL

omaar_sir
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by omaar_sir » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:48 pm

The Arms Act of 1959 and the Arms Rules of 1962 were derived from the text of the Indian Arms Act of 1876 created by the British Rulers in view of the 1857 rebellion against the East India company. Thus it is strictly a colonial law.
Land sale and purchase procedures that are in practice today were actually put into practice(essentially, we just copied them) by Sher Shah Suri and the last amendment in them was done by(believe it or not) Akbar!

My question to the government officials or for that matter the Indian Govt. is:

When will we have modern laws??
When will we have constructive laws that would help us instead of hampering us??

What the current order basically means is that the law and order situation is deteriorating because of the sales of LEGAL ARMS AND AMMUNITION. I wonder what their stand is on the illegal arms market in India and I also wonder what they are doing about it (other than taking bribes). Making laws is one thing and implementing them is another. Lets say i fired my .22 cal rifle at a deer and gave them in writing that i fired it on a practice target, will they believe it? if they do, they are plain stupid! if they dont, they might as well have asked me to give it to them in writing that i was about to discharge my rifle and thus i need to be under govt. observation so that i can fire my rifle in a way that the govt. sees fit. (in which case i will simply bribe the official present at the range and i might as well shoot the deer)....

MORAL OF THE WHOLE DEAL: I can do what ever i like and the Government cant do jack about it. The Stricter the laws the more they will be broken...

PRITAM PATEL
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by PRITAM PATEL » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:11 pm

omaar_sir wrote:The Arms Act of 1959 and the Arms Rules of 1962 were derived from the text of the Indian Arms Act of 1876 created by the British Rulers in view of the 1857 rebellion against the East India company. Thus it is strictly a colonial law.

MORAL OF THE WHOLE DEAL: I can do what ever i like and the Government cant do jack about it. The Stricter the laws the more they will be broken...
Govt. wants us to break the law by any means, so that they can create even more stringent laws until they completely ban gun ownership.

they are forgetting old west tell " When Guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"
Last edited by PRITAM PATEL on Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Men like us don't deserve to die in the bed, field would be a batter option"

Optional : Proper inglish n gramer

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:45 pm

As far as i am concerns India is ruled by the brits, (and that you can tell the PM or CM) is a fact.

criticising the government is pointless waste of breath.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Raj Khalid » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:11 am

I would like to share something I came across in the Goa Papers on Wed April 21.
He is Sidhant Kashyap—a resident of Baina, Vasco. A student of class 11 in a reputed public school in Goa, he was arrested by Vasco police recently for two cases of attempted murder and robbery. In custody of a team of Goa police led by officer Vikramji Nayak, Kashyap was taken to Etah on Saturday to trace the source of a firearm used by him in the crime.

So why did Sidhant choose the career he did—that of a gangster? Well the answer that he has happens to be as astonishing as his stint in crime. "I watched two films—Lucky and Kidnap—and was impressed by the dons shown in the movies. I liked the two films so much that I remember having watched them 40 times each, at my last count," he said, answering the curiosity of Etah police.

And what led him to Etah to buy the firearm? A habitual surfer spending an average of 8 to 10 hours on the internet daily, Sidhant adopted a rather systematic approach. Searching the net for regions where illegal or country-made firearms were available easily, he zeroed in on Bihar and UP. The next story goes on to mention that he reached Etah on February 6 2010, and met a guns tore manager who introduced him to another person. Sidhanth returned to Goa the same evening carrying a country made pistol and 10 live cartridges which he had bought for a few hundred rupees.

Now if a kid in Goa can surf the net and locate an illegal arms seller, this is something the MHA and the Home Minister should be looking into instead of trying to restrict the rights of law abiding tax payers.

I suggest that all of you send this to your MP and ask them to take it up in the Lok Sabha

amit888_2000
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amit888_2000 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:41 am

Khalid Bhai Salam,

Very impressive story, and heart feelings.....But brother now the water has crossed our heads, lets get toggether with Abhijeet (Mundir), and take out a simple way, to nail our system, I am sure we are all thinking alike, but now we need action, guys, pls plan a action.........

Lets creat & right history, they way we want.....

))))cheers!!!!
Amit

Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Raj Khalid » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:23 am

Ultimately it is a matter of our Constitutional Right to defend ourselves, our lives and the lives of our near and dear ones. In an extreme case I would even say that the Government wants to make us so helpless that we are all sitting ducks for terrorists, goons, thugs and robbers. What happened when an activist Satish Shetty was murdered in Pune, when someone fired at the door of Nayna Kathpalia in Mumbai.

Friends and fellow Indians this is a fight for our very right to exist and to live a life of dignity.

Kamleshwar
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Kamleshwar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:54 am

I am sure NAGRI must be doing its work but we should also assess our (IFGs) strength. We should know how many members are there in IFG ? How many are ready to put their efforts to fight this new policy and how much resources are required ( money) to file a PIL? And what are the different ways to move in this direction? Should we approch our local representatives (MLas and MPs) ? We should have a planned way to move ahead.

Thanks

Kamleshwar

Raj Khalid
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Raj Khalid » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 pm

This post has all the answers,
We must get a head count of people in IFG, will moderator pl oblige.
We must raise money, large sums of it to take this to court.
Each and every one of us MUST contact our MP and demand that this be raised in the Lok Sabha. All MPs must demand that their constituents do have the right to life and this amendment by MHA is depriving us of that right.

I know from experience that the Brits lost the right to keep arms after the Dunblane tragedy. Is Britain any safer?? Hollow laughter.
The American NRA warned the Brits that trying to plead, cajole Govt. was was a sure way to defeat. Only the right of tax payers and the might of law abiding citizens can curb a tyrannical Govt.

Unfortunately in India, 200 years of foreign dominance have reduced us to slaves. In all other countries MPs and ministers are addressed by their first names by voters, here we bow, and call them Honourable, Sir, Excellency everything but by their first names and they are paid by our taxes.

First we should find our pride. When we all die and go up where Gandhi, Tilak and Bhagat Singh are waiting, they will ask of us "We fought the British foreigners" you gave up without a whimper against your very own Ministers.
What will we tell them.

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:50 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
Olly wrote:I don't want to let them handle my b***s... could you shed more light on how they can still hold them ? 8)
Squeeze as in pain and not hold or handle.
Off course the latter is legal now and would entirely depend upon you ROTFL
You still haven't substantiated your statement.... or was it just a fling ? :wink:

Zake
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Zake » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:44 pm

Raj Khalid said some nice things. And with real enthusiasm. Which tells me he is new. Now I do not want to sound pessimistic but from my past experience with RKBA in this forum. One thing was very clear. Not even most IFG members have the will to do anything about it. And frankly, if you want to be realistic, 20-30 people in a country of over 100 crore will NOT make a difference. Do we even have 20-30 people who are willing to be active for the cause ?

Regards,

Zake

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:59 pm

Olly wrote:You still haven't substantiated your statement.... or was it just a fling ? :wink:
Heard something called "registered shooters" and do you realize the implications?????