Update on Airgun case

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Ganesh TT
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Update on Airgun case

Post by Ganesh TT » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:40 pm

thanks for the update guys
Thanks

GANESH TT

For Advertising mail webmaster
rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:34 am

great.
Thanx for the update.
:cheers:

with regards
raju
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

girrish sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by girrish sharma » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Sir,
As per my best of knowledge, Hon'ble Delhi High Court had quashed exemption notification GSR991 in 2002 on PIL case filed by NGO Peoples for Animals headed by Ms. Maneka Gandhi. The Air rifle mfg association n National Rifle Association filed review and stay petition in 2002. Hon'ble Delhi High Court granted stay in 2002 and after continuous fight to review, last month May 2011 the Court has rejected our application stating that after a judgement passed in 2002, they can not make us parties anymore. Now only solution to save this sports is to challenge the 2002 judgement and to file appeal in Supreme Court please. The Air Rifle Mfg Association never made any appeal for financial support in last 9 years but now we feel going to supreme court is very expensive.
Several articals on air gun case is already covered on this sight (Indian for Guns) and Ms. Maneka Gandhi had to file an unconditional apology in Delhi High Court for writing an artical "LETHAL TOYS" in news paper on filing a Contempt case against her by us.
Kishori Mondal

Sayantan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Sayantan » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:29 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for the fate of the SLP in the Apex Court...
God bless Air gun lovers... :)
MOUNTAINS ARE LONELY, BARREN AND STEEP...
I HAVE MILES TO GO BEFORE I SLEEP...

rraju2805
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by rraju2805 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:10 am

Sayantan wrote:Keeping my fingers crossed for the fate of the SLP in the Apex Court...
God bless Air gun lovers... :)
:agree:
YOU CAN FOOL SOME OF THE PEOPLE SOMETIME
BUT YOU CAN"T FOOL ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL TIME

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:56 am

I tend to agree with Vikram and PKJ. WE ALL NEED TO PUT IN OUR EFFORTS WHERE EVER WE CAN AND NOT WAIT FOR THE FINAL RESULT. I for one will not be able to join any groups (if there were) due to work pressure...the corporate world :roll: . How ever I enjoy the sport and hence would feel guilty of enjoying the sport "at some ones expense" if I didn't play my part.

Come Friday, I’m going to deposit a small contribution to the association whose bank details are mentioned in a related post.

"All air rifle/gun lovers are welcome to contribute by depositing for case at SOUTH INDIAN BANK LTD, Brabourne Road Branch, Kolkata-700001 A/C No.02620530000068Air pi12.IFSC CODE-SIBL0000262. in favour of "Toy Air gun, Air rifle,Air pistol & Pellets Manufactures (W) Association" Kishor..."

May I ask all individuals to contribute too? How ever small, our contributions will speak. We can then take pride is assuring ourselves that we have done the least we could.

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 pm

I will do mine bit on the 2nd, once salary is in :D, broke this month :(

shadow
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by shadow » Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Dear Comrades / Mods,

Once again, there are multiple threads on contribution for Airgun case, can we merge them.

Also a suggestion, instead of the members contributing to Airgun association or NRAI, cant we contribute to NAGRI? In turn NAGRI can forward these proceedings to NRAI. That way it will all be channelised in a proper manner and NAGRI will get recognition as a serious body supporting NRAI and RKBA movement.

My few pellets worth...

Cheers,
Rup
"Tourists are terrorists with cameras. Terrorists are tourists with guns.”