Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Breaking news - Airguns now need license!

Post by Sakobav » Mon May 30, 2011 7:19 pm

I am speech less and disgusted few days ago there was an article in WSJ how Indian courts are turning into activists and judiciary is challenging executive and legislative powers and in some cases encroaching on it. Public supported corruption and murder cases PIL ruling but constitutional experts have raised concerns on breakdown of system's check and balance and accountability. This is an example where court over stepped its domain. For now NAGRI et al including NAGRAI need to fight this out. issue being that other courts could start following this ruling.

Well put that all of the ruling class and society elite own weapons whereas common citizens are discouraged from this basic right. Years ago when Maneka had filed her property affidavit in her assets was a rifle !! Using animal group as a cover - doesnt India have the largest population of the most useless herds in the world which have led to overgrazing ..delhi walas should gather all the stray dogs and release on her farms in MP and wherever else her family has land holdings.

For Advertising mail webmaster
prakashbioc
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by prakashbioc » Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 pm

Dear Mundaire, other fellow Chennaites,

i am a novice in this firearm legal area. I am afraid to keep my Air Rifle (.22 bore) in Chennai. i dont have any rifle club membership. Shall i keep it or else sell it off.

Please clear the cloud. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Prakash

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

prakash

The airgun ruling is only for Delhi and they havent amended the arms act either -- this is where court over stepped . Every thing is fine in your neck of woods enjoy shooting it.

Cheers

sagar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sagar » Mon May 30, 2011 7:42 pm

Hello members,
I am working on a Project:
"A way to cut and peel Vegetables without a kitchen KNIFE."
Tomorrow Even a Kitchen Knife may require a LICENCE

These Law makers are quick in making decisions which create more complications for Common man. And New ways to Extract Bribe.

This is Disgusting.

ezra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ezra » Mon May 30, 2011 9:58 pm

Hi all,
There is no where i read .177 cal air-rifle in this whole judgement.
Also, it is very surprising that Honb'l high court forgot the achievements of our shooting lobby in Common Wealth Games and Olympics.
Mods, pls provide the names and addresses of the concerned authority to send our hue and cry against this judgement.
regards,
Ezra

thind_aman
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by thind_aman » Mon May 30, 2011 10:51 pm

This is a national shame.

We have to do something about this, or as stated by fellow IFGians, this will have a ripple effect amd these people will sight the example of Delhi to get it passed in other states.

If those not in Delhi are thinking that they are fine for now, its not long before these stupid maniacs get this implemented all over the country.

Not only is it a setback for those who own air rifles for leisure, It will prove to be a BIG setback to future medal hopes in the sports area. It is another hurdle in the way of already struggling root level sports network of the country.

So, lets stop cribbing and cursing about it, and let's do something about it ASAP. In my opinion NAGRI should hold a meeting, discuss the points raised in the PIL and prepare the framework to challenge the court's order.

P.S. I have limited knowledge of lwas and expertise, just bought my first air rifle a few months back. However, I promise to support in whatever way it's needed, even if it needs taking leave from work to attend court proceedings.

Looking forward to a response from senior members.

Regards,
Aman Thind

sumanngon
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by sumanngon » Tue May 31, 2011 12:04 am

Will there be any appeal from either NAGRI or any other forum members joint representation? Ridiculous idea when people not so much for animals can even take care of a bird hunting or for that matter even big size animal hunting with a sling shot too.
It was never the availability of guns that was a problem, its always with intention of the people. Instead of encouraging the Airgun fans to participate in sports and acknowledging their achievements ( no matter how small), and directing the force towards more positive, India decides to restrict the airgun sales.
Perhaps Mrs. Maneka Gandhi failing to stop the chicken meat business tried her hand on uninvolved air-gunners to get her name a tad lil bit more PR. Useless people have useless means to set a country 20 years back on development. More surprising is the fact that inspite of whichever way the case maybe presented...the so called learned Lawyers ( Or illiterate) take a call on this matter so negatively.
Laws have been created to ban knives more than 9 inches... does it take something more than 9 to create mayhem on a physical form. Those who knows about knife can do it with a 3 inch one. Yet the learned institution has drafted and imposed laws.
After coming back from abroad to settle down in my country at the age of 43 years... I am surprised to find myself in the country of illiterate leaders and lawmen. Its not just with airguns...most issues has been addressed in this manner. REGRET COMING BACK NOW...

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 am

I guess this is a start of a long legal battle. Knowing the difficulty in obtaining a license, think of how many small manufactures are going to shut down and the job loss...Do you think manufacturers are going to sit down and watch? I am sure they will challenge the judgement. This is not the first time.

I don't mean to be rude but the way thing are going, very soon you'll need to have a pollution license to fart. :uncontrollable: :uncontrollable: :uncontrollable: :uncontrollable:

Bloody annoying judgement (I respect the honorable coat though i do not necessarily agree with it's judgement).

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Tue May 31, 2011 7:12 am

The number of 'gun owners' has just gone up exponentially :wink:

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:33 am

Are the various central, state and district level shooting associations/bodies aware of this bad development ?

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Tue May 31, 2011 12:02 pm

Ok so what do we need to do now if we possess an air gun so that we dont get into a legal issue

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:41 pm

Here is a comment posted on indianshooting.com on an article on this issue....

"Awesome, I totally favor it. At least now we won't be seeing pervert teens shooting girls on street and getting away with it."

What do you say.....

M.
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

gverma
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by gverma » Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm

fantumfan2003 wrote:Here is a comment posted on indianshooting.com on an article on this issue....

"Awesome, I totally favor it. At least now we won't be seeing pervert teens shooting girls on street and getting away with it."

What do you say.....

M.
Alp gyan bahankaram

Frosty
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Frosty » Tue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm

I feel frustated, ridiculed and want to shout top of my head at this judgement, how can an entity enthrusted with such a power of providing justice to the masses can give such a judgement which has no logical reason and based on groundless claims by a group of people, since when does the courts started acting as the Big brothers to the constitution and thereby making and breaking it as per their insights.

My heart feels heavy, some times it sucks to be a citizen of this beautiful country ruled by ......... i really dont need to say that.

Now what tommorow holds for us is quite uncertain and where this road will finally lead to ?? are we going to be on the mercy of our rulers appointed by us to take us for a ride as per their insights and wishful thinking.

We Gun lovers and gun owners (now even airgun owners) are one of the worst hit minorities and soon to be endangered species, the day is not far when the Govt may take apprenhensions on merely talking about guns and gunownership debates in India and our beloved platform IFG may be a taboo froum to be logged to, we are painted in the same light as criminals are, for it is a sin even to have an airgun in this country.

so we have took the bickering , but are we going to roll over and play dead or we are going to make noises and making them heard /??????

just tell me whats the plan and i am game for it..

Hear Broken

Frosty

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 pm

Here is a comment posted on indianshooting.com on an article on this issue....

Thanks for the enlightenment, Fantumfan, I did not know such low IQ creatures could exist and still call themselves part of the human race!

Don't want to comment on the wisdom, or lack of it, of the esteemed judges. But in case of any action to be taken by us, please count me in.

EssDee
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley