Review of Arms Act and Arms policy

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Review of Arms Act and Arms policy

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 am

Guys,
Those of you have sent their objections by SpeedPost, please go to the post office from where you had sent, and get POD(Proof of Delivery), it will cost around Rs 10, but it is worth the effort. You can keep it safely with you in case if it is needed anytime in future, for legal case/PIL etc. I am going to the post office today, to collect the POD. MHA cannot officially deny that it has not received objections as we have filed objections by Speedpost, email as well as by online grievance link(also please keep your sent email copies and online grievance numbers also noted)

For Advertising mail webmaster
amk
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by amk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:35 pm

mundaire wrote:DO NOT underestimate the power of the parliamentary committee! Anyhow, a quick update, the meeting for tomorrow does not have the arms acts amendments on it's agenda - this has now been confirmed by 3 independent sources, so we have some breathing space at least for the moment.

However, I would still request all to try and contact as many of the listed names as possible - I am told that apparently the quorum requirements are just 2 members and the chairman, so it is entirely possible in spite of our touching base with 50% of the members, the meeting could take place in their absence and the items be passed without discussion. Hence, the need to apprise as many of these gents as possible about the issues at hand.

As to passing this without parliamentary assent, the Govt. if it gets an assent from the committee can sent this as an ordinance to the President, and if signed by her, it comes into force immediately for a period of 6 months, within which time it has to be presented to the parliament. However, we all know that once something gets done in this country getting it undone is almost impossible. Hence the sense of urgency in my requests.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Ordinances are usually used in emergency like situations and where there is a great urgent need. I doubt they would pass an ordinance for this??? And passing a bill without circulation, discussion, deliberation would be difficult too, I presume. Having said all this, we must act, act quick and not be complacent. I have spoke with my local MP and he's going to do his best to discuss this with the committee. When I do get the opportunity to visit Delhi (very soon), I will also discuss this with the head honchos and try to make them see our point of view.

The problem is we, as an interest group are such an insignificant minority and most of the policy makers, bureaucrats and the average joe are either in opposition to our views or don't really know our point of view.
AMK
--------------------------------------
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Ben Franklin
--------------------------------------

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 pm

Okay gents an update. I was trying to get an old college friend now an MP to go over the draft. He decided to do one better and set up a meeting with none other than Mr. Ajay Maken. So we galvanised ourselves into action and naturally I put all the pressure on Abhijeet to round up the posse. :lol: I was quaking inside since suddenly this was it!?! We wanted to meet someone high up and now it was our turn. What would it be men or mice? I decided not to make the usual excuse of work, though my eighty year old father and seventy year old mother went for their eye check up alone. I am sure Amit, Nishant and Abhijeet also had nothing better to do :twisted: ...what business? The most important one, was the one at hand.
So four of us assembled Abhijeet, Amit Gupta, Nishant and me. After the usual apathetic rounds thru security etc. a hassled PA informed us that Sahib nahin hai. I tried the usual Delhi thing about ,"You not knowing whom I know and all..." He didn't give a shit and told us that we had to play the game his way and had to leave the papers with him. So we walked away.

Regards,

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:09 pm

a BIG thank you to dev abhijeet amit and nishant.
hope everything goes well.
you have my best wishes and moral support from saat samundar paar.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:40 pm

thanks mates for trying, we are getting there because of what has been done by all. well done. keep it up
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:47 pm

Thank you Dev,Abhijeet,Nishant and Amit for having tried to take our concerns to them.Keep at it,please.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:44 am

Dev, Abhijit Amit and Nishant thats a great effort...sadly just can be part of cheering squad and perseverance pays in the end..

Cheers

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 am

Thank you Dev, Abhijeet, Amit, Nishant. God bless you.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 am

Dev,Abhijit,Amit,Nishant :cheers:

vkjalan
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vkjalan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

Well i could manage to get a column in the Newspaper " Times Of India - Mangalore Edition "

This is what is published !

This is something small i could contribute.

[img2=http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... 1262927704][/img2]

Happy Shooting !
Keep Rocking IFG.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:05 am

This is not small by any means, this is something really good and needed. I would request all reading this, to give 5 minutes of their time, to write to their local newspapers, friends along-with above file of news item attached, http://abhijeetsingh.com/blog/archive/2 ... HOME_MINIS and http://abhijeetsingh.com/blog/archive/2 ... ents_-_req, urging them to publish your concern.

Email ids of newspapers can be found at http://www.indiagrid.com/cgi-bin/news.cgi

farhan.lateefi
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by farhan.lateefi » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:29 pm

vkjalan wrote:Well i could manage to get a column in the Newspaper " Times Of India - Mangalore Edition "

This is what is published !

[img2=http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz18 ... 1262927704][/img2]

Happy Shooting !
Keep Rocking IFG.

great job :cheers:

regards
farhan lateefi
''The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:31 pm

Congrats Bro on getting the article
I jst came to my mind that may be should have CC our email to Navin Jindal too. He is knows to helping the fraternity a lot if we can bring it to his attention.
Also i know that Arminder Singh Ji (CM Punjab) his son is trap shooter, I dont know him personally, but if any one else has any links to him then may be can get some representation some where.

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:30 pm

well done vk jalan. :cheering: :cheering:
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Let me add to what Dev has written above, the night before the scheduled meeting I had also touched base with OverUnder Pump very late at night, at which time he was still at work. Despite reaching home in the wee hours of the morning and being unable to find any suitable public transport to reach the venue, he soldiered on, finally locating a taxi and was rushing towards the meeting, he was only 5 minutes away when I called him up and told him that the meeting was a no show - with the minister unavailable to meet with us.

Once the original meeting was cancelled, we did get some positive work done, but I need the OK of the concerned people before I can post what/ where/ whom on a public forum. What I can say, is that our concerns are being raised in the right quarters and nothing will be pushed through without discussion.

vkjalan, excellent job! Getting our voice to the people is by no measure a small contribution and you have my heartfelt thanks & congratulations for this! :clap:

sa_ali, the names you mention know what is happening. However, the more vocal we are ourselves, the more we strengthen their hands... so (to borrow a famous quote) let us gun owners/ enthusiasts not go quietly into the night, but give this our all, and prepare for the fight!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein