Raise your voice for RKBA: Tell the government online

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Raise your voice for RKBA: Tell the government online

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:45 pm

How should one become the member of RKBA
RKBA is not an organization, it is a concept/principle/ideal(Right to Keep and Bear Arms)

Very well written except the following:
CAFI is the only organization in India which is against RKBA. Agreeing on their views would not be wrong, but agreeing on their "no-initiative" to stop illegal arms trade would be wrong.

CAFI has very clever & sinister long term designs, on the surface they have initiative to stop illegal arms trade, which simply cannot be achieved by any organization/government anywhere in the world just like prostitution. Ultimately, under the guise of controlling illegal arms trade, below the surface main underground motive of CAFI is to slowly/gradually deprive the law abiding citizens of the right to keep arms for their self defense in the name of controlling the crime. Hence would request rather avoid mentioning/praising CAFI in any way or form.

For Advertising mail webmaster
hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:45 pm

Updated List ROLL OF HONOR
List of MEN,(in order of posting)- MAY YOUR TRIBE INCREASE, who have posted grievances on behalf of the boys (MAY YOUR TRIBE DECREASE),
1.Eternalme
2.hvj1
3.mik
4.Zake
5.Mack the knife
6.joydeepm
7.Indiaone
8.Ravi Sharma
9.Kanwar76
10.Dobhal87
11.Nagarifle
12.Surface to Air Missile
13.Moa
14.Goodboy_mentor (confirmation pending)
15.Tingriman
16.Mayuri (Confirmation pending)
17.Shah
18.Lionheartguru
19.Kdbanan
20. Shadow
21.farhan.lateefi
Congratulations farhan.lateefi!
Twenty one persons stood up and acted, some of us took considerable effort, persevered with the posting. I do not know why more people have not posted but as President Obama says 'Know this, we will bring about a change'. Looking forward to increasing our TRIBE!
Best Regards

dobhal87
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by dobhal87 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Theodore Roosevelt said "A vote is like a rifle ...as its use depends upon the character of the PERSON using it"

...thanks for voting 21 guns !!
Freedom :)

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Hello members,

See this link, the article "Indian Arms Act and RKBA" finally got published here:

http://www.merinews.com/article/gun-law ... 2380.shtml

cheers,
tingriman

Ace_doc
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Ace_doc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:07 pm

count me in also
Registration No. MINHA/E/2009/00960
lets see what happens.
:cheers:

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:31 pm

welldone ace and welcome to the community RKBA

want peace ? get ready for a war...

regards
lion -heart
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:51 pm

Guys I am not discouraging you, I am not saying you should not submit grievance, but in the present situation, it is even more important to stop the proposed draft by MHA in its present form, because if it takes the form of law, then most of online grievances related to firearm ownership will be out-rightly rejected as "not in accordance with existing law", please refer http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=75 and do post your objections not only by email with CC to other people like PM, Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitely, but as well as by registered/speed post, much before 6.1.2010. It is extremely important at the moment, let me say it is even more important then submitting grievance online by that link.

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:32 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:Guys I am not discouraging you, I am not saying you should not submit grievance, but in the present situation, it is even more important to stop the proposed draft by MHA in its present form, because if it takes the form of law, then most of online grievances related to firearm ownership will be out-rightly rejected as "not in accordance with existing law", please refer http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=75 and do post your objections not only by email with CC to other people like PM, Sonia Gandhi, Shushma Swaraj, Arun Jaitely, but as well as by registered/speed post, much before 6.1.2010. It is extremely important at the moment, let me say it is even more important then submitting grievance online by that link.
:agree:

cheers,
tingriman

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:15 pm

Updated List ROLL OF HONOR
List of MEN,(in order of posting)- MAY YOUR TRIBE INCREASE, who have posted grievances on behalf of the boys (MAY YOUR TRIBE DECREASE),
1.Eternalme
2.hvj1
3.mik
4.Zake
5.Mack the knife
6.joydeepm
7.Indiaone
8.Ravi Sharma
9.Kanwar76
10.Dobhal87
11.Nagarifle
12.Surface to Air Missile
13.Moa
14.Goodboy_mentor (confirmation pending)
15.Tingriman
16.Mayuri (Confirmation pending)
17.Shah
18.Lionheartguru
19.Kdbanan
20. Shadow
21.farhan.lateefi
22.Ace_doc
Congratulations Ace_doc!
Slowly but surely, we seem to be making a difference, a small one, but a significant one.
Let our TRIBE increase.
Best Regards & Happy New Year to ALL.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:01 pm

Guys it is good we are submitting grievance at the link mentioned in this forum, but let me remind you some people had earlier submitted grievance stating something similar to liberalizing Arms Licenses to "Tax Payers", this has been clearly answered and rejected by MHA in the the proposed draft for draconian amendments to Arms act, hence I would request all, including those who have submitted the grievance earlier at that link and those who have not, in addition to objecting to the proposed draft by sending hard copies and emails, can do it again as the proposed draft in itself is an altogether a new and fresh grievance for all citizens. All you have to do is copy/paste the objections to draft written very precisely in a legal way by mundaire at http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=93
For the information I have submitted the grievance and following is the text for everyone, who can just copy/paste at http://grievance.nic.in/Netizen/arpgn.asp after selecting Ministry of Home Affairs:

I am writing to you regarding the Draft Arms & Ammunition Policy No.11026 16 2009 Arms, which has been posted on Home Ministry's website soliciting comments from the general public. My feedback on the proposed amendments is as follows
I strongly object to the very basis for the proposed amendment under Para 3 stating Proliferation of arms and ammunition in the country disrupt the social order and development. The proliferation of arms, whether licensed or illegal, vitiates the Law and Order situation. Holding of sophisticated arms by the conflicting parties directly contributes towards lethality of violent acts. Therefore, in principle, proliferation of arms needs to be curbed. In this context, there is a compelling need to review the provisions of Arms Act Arms Rules with regard to grant of arms licences for possession of arms and ammunition by individuals and manufacture of fire arms in the country.
The reason for the proposed amendment itself is based on faulty premises
i That all firearms are evil. ii That firearm owners are prone to violence and that firearm related crime is a clear & present danger to our society. iii That the state machinery is sufficiently able to protect the life & property of all citizens and that they have no need to acquire arms to defend themselves.
iv That citizens do not have an inalienable right to protect their life and property.
This is at variance to the data available that supports the following facts:
i That the vast majority of firearms used in violent crimes are illegal, a fact that is supported by data published by the National Crime Records Bureau, for e.g. in the year 2007 12.68% of murders were committed using unlicensed firearms, only 1.79% of murders were committed using a licensed firearm. Also a majority of these illegal firearms are either illegally trafficked into the country or are firearms that have been pilfered or snatched from security personnel. In fact a Naxal leader was once quoted as stating that 90% of the arms in use by the them were stolen/ snatched from the police. Does the MHA suggest that we disband the police, because it is the single largest source of arms to Naxals
ii The overwhelming number of murders committed in this country are committed using means other than firearms, a fact that is supported by data published by the National Crime Records Bureau, for e.g. in the year 2007, 85.53%of all murders committed were using means and weapons other than firearms . It is clear that strict gun control policies do nothing to curb violent crime, a point made even more evident by the statistics mentioned below.
iii The need of the hour is not stricter gun laws, but better policing and enforcement of existing criminal laws combined with more armed law abiding civilians. Furthermore a large number of the firearm related deaths occur in troubled areas like J&K and the North East etc. A fact that completely glosses over the statistics as well as the incompetence of the State in providing our citizens with a secure environment to live and raise their families in.
iv As per trends in crimes from 1953 to 2007 published by the National Crime Records Bureau, during this period we witnessed a 229.7% increase in murders, a 733.8% increase in rapes, a 423.9% increase in kidnapping & abduction, a 191.9% increase in riots and a 230.5% increase in other cognizable crimes. The need for an average citizen to take measures to protect himself and his family is now more than ever.
v Under IPC, CrPC as well the Arms Act itself has more than sufficient provisions to prevent and or penalise the misuse of arms, what is needed is better enforcement by police and not draconian amendments to the Arms Act, such as the ones currently being proposed.
Since the ground for the proposed amendment itself is faulty, there is no need to go ahead with this, and come up with liberal Arms & Ammunition policy to enable all citizens to defend their lives.

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:20 pm

done that

Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your

Registration No. MINHA/E/2010/00009

for future reference.

cheers,
tingriman
Last edited by tingriman on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

m24
Veteran
Veteran

Post by m24 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Done. "Your Grievance is Successfully Registered. Note your Registration No. MINHA/E/2010/00010 for future reference."

tingriman: I don't have words that justify your efforts. You have a great way with the letters. Keep that up. Thanks for sharing, man.

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

tingriman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by tingriman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

m24 wrote:tingriman: I don't have words that justify your efforts. You have a great way with the letters. Keep that up. Thanks for sharing, man.
you are welcome bro,

cheers,
tingriman

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:51 am

Hi friends, I sent my objections & suggestions regarding proposed Arms Act Amendment to Shri S.K. Malhotra, Deputy Secretary, Ministry of Home Affairs through email and CC to PM, HM and other distinguished politicians. Lets hope for the best. :)

Lawman

lionheartguru
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by lionheartguru » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:18 pm

friends

i guess only a few members are actually active for RKBA...
hats off and cheers for the active members ...
well even me was not active over a month ...

however i have returned back with zeal .... hope everybody joins inn too...

regards
guru
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.