Is a libertarian party only hope for gun rights in India ?

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
Bhaskara
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Is a libertarian party only hope for gun rights in India ?

Post by Bhaskara » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Both the INC and the BJP has made it amply clear that they are not for gun rights. Regional parties also cannot be expected to fight this cause since talk of gun rights don't get you votes. The BJP, which was supposed to be the 'conservative' party has only tightened gun laws. This is the opposite of conservatives in the west who are generally the ones more lenient on gun laws.

The need for a true libertarian party for India is truly being felt, one whose focus will be civil liberties, including gun rights.

For Advertising mail webmaster
sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Is a libertarian party only hope for gun rights in India ?

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:49 pm

Are you suggesting a party same as Libertarian Party of US?

Biren
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Biren » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:35 am

Hi,

Here weapon is treated as tool to suppress and not as self protection. Its is in bureaucracy veins to control. Here in one of delhi neighborhood when cops were told about thefts in colony of many measure they suggested were to close all colony gates except one increasing inconvenience. Same they apply on licenses by controlling the nos issued, instead treating armed citizens as force multipliers.

Awareness among citizens, which includes familiarization is the first step with proper shooting ranges. With outsourcing spree someday Political leadership will realize that its make more economic sense to have trained armed citizens then to raising battalion after battalions. There was this policy to train border citizens in rifle training in my area where SSB personnel use to come every year and train villagers and at the end of course every body was given 10 rounds to shoot.

Rgds
Biren

Bhaskara
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bhaskara » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:41 am

sumbriavikramaditya wrote:Are you suggesting a party same as Libertarian Party of US?
The Libertarian Party in US is not very influential politically. I was thinking of a party with libertarian ideals, one that would stand for BOTH social and economic freedoms. India severely lacks a party whose platform would be individual liberties.

Bhaskara
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bhaskara » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:52 am

Biren wrote:Hi,

Here weapon is treated as tool to suppress and not as self protection. Its is in bureaucracy veins to control. Here in one of delhi neighborhood when cops were told about thefts in colony of many measure they suggested were to close all colony gates except one increasing inconvenience. Same they apply on licenses by controlling the nos issued, instead treating armed citizens as force multipliers.

Awareness among citizens, which includes familiarization is the first step with proper shooting ranges. With outsourcing spree someday Political leadership will realize that its make more economic sense to have trained armed citizens then to raising battalion after battalions. There was this policy to train border citizens in rifle training in my area where SSB personnel use to come every year and train villagers and at the end of course every body was given 10 rounds to shoot.

Rgds
Biren
I agree. In India, citizens are treated by default as potential criminals. Our legal principles are still based largely on the colonial mindset, where laws exist to suppress, not liberate. It's also worth remembering that the police and the bureacrats are a reflection of the society, and most people in India would themselves flinch at the talk of gun control. Critical thinking about our rights is severely lacking as a society. We have been conditioned into believing that government control is the solution to everything, from the economy to education to protection.
You talk of raising social awareness, but I wonder when and how this will come about. Talk of gun rights is not very mainstream even among the young generation. It is not a talking point for the media either. As someone in this forum suggested, perhaps linking gun rights to the fundamental Right to Life could be a potential way forward.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:43 pm

Bhaskara wrote:The need for a true libertarian party for India is truly being felt, one whose focus will be civil liberties, including gun rights.
I wanted to reply to your thread, had a hunch feeling that such a party will not be allowed to work. I had written a draft of PIL that may be taken in Supreme Court, since then had started receiving veiled threats from someone with the id Woods. If my aging mind can recall correctly, in some of his posts he identified himself as someone connected with law enforcement. This is here when I received the first veiled threat that I will be "identified" for taking the matter to Supreme Court, to read it please click here

Going by his veiled comments it appears the privacy of my Jio account has been breached, just for holding different opinions. My different opinions are, I am against any kind of war or violence, especially for winning elections, my different opinions are my understanding of the law and the history of this land. Where is the freedom of thought mentioned in the Preamble of the Constitution? Has emergency been declared? Chilling effect? What to say? To read the comment click here
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sumbriavikramaditya
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by sumbriavikramaditya » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:15 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
Bhaskara wrote:The need for a true libertarian party for India is truly being felt, one whose focus will be civil liberties, including gun rights.
I wanted to reply to your thread, had a hunch feeling that such a party will not be allowed to work. I had written a draft of PIL that may be taken in Supreme Court, since then had started receiving veiled threats from someone with the id Woods. If my aging mind can recall correctly, in some of his posts he identified himself as someone connected with law enforcement. This is here when I received the first veiled threat that I will be "identified" for taking the matter to Supreme Court, to read it please click here

Going by his veiled comments it appears the privacy of my Jio account has been breached, just for holding different opinions. My different opinions are, I am against any kind of war or violence, especially for winning elections, my different opinions are my understanding of the law and the history of this land. Where is the freedom of thought mentioned in the Preamble of the Constitution? Has emergency been declared? Chilling effect? What to say? To read the comment click here
ROTFL
ROTFL
ROTFL
ROTFL
ROTFL

pistolero
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by pistolero » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:45 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
I wanted to reply to your thread, had a hunch feeling that such a party will not be allowed to work. I had written a draft of PIL that may be taken in Supreme Court, since then had started receiving veiled threats from someone with the id Woods. If my aging mind can recall correctly, in some of his posts he identified himself as someone connected with law enforcement. This is here when I received the first veiled threat that I will be "identified" for taking the matter to Supreme Court, to read it please click here [/url]
Ah Aging Mind! That explains a lot, old age, can lead to delusion, the mind see's things which may not be real. Proper medication may help your condition. I wish you a speedy recovery. Do start medication at the earliest, it will surely help you cope with your condition better.
Last edited by pistolero on Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Whatever is begun in anger ends in shame."

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:57 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:

Sir I think your have a big problem! Need quickly write message on Woods in Strazburg Human Rights Court and Sexual Reform League in UN because if your dont do this ,100% you will be interested in the Soviet KGB

Added in 3 minutes 49 seconds:
pistolero wrote:
Ah Aging Mind! That explains a lot, old age, can lead to delusion, the mind see's things which may not be real. Proper medication may help your condition. I wish you a speedy recovery. Do start medication at the earliest, it will surely help you cope with your condition better.
Sir its 100% aliens and UFO and yeti from Bangalore! I sure! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ritamrudra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ritamrudra » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:27 pm

In the present scenario, I think that if only the private partners of the numerous Joint Ventures for manufacture of firearms approved by the Govt of India push for liberalization of civilian gun laws, aided by their foreign partners, it may lead to a changed scenario with time.

As it is well known, the famed "Gun Lobby" is very powerful politically in many countries around the world.

So my suggestion to fellow IFGans here is to convince these private partners to try and do something about it.... just a random thought that crossed my mind seeing the contents of this thread...

Thanks and regards,
Ritam

yes.sir98
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by yes.sir98 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:01 pm

We need to get Adani and Ambani interested in civilian firearms market, then we may see some changes in the legislations.

Untill then, we can just sit around and curse our luck.

Shivaji.Dasgupta
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Shivaji.Dasgupta » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:52 am

Good morning to All, enough is enough.
It's time to form our own party and in our declaration we will mention in our agenda to introduce more open Gun Law and licensing process.
Atleast we have the members no. Matching with any budding political party. Just joking
:D :D :D :D

I agree with Ritam that with the new manufacturer there will be a pressure on admin to open the market for them. If not like US but atleast making the process more easy and fast.
Regards

Shivaji