• Advertisement
Kiehberg.in -  Outdoor gear and sports equipment

My Licence Interview Today

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
lakecity_shooter

Re: My Licence Interview Today

Postby lakecity_shooter » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:11 pm

U made it buddy !!!!!! Shoot safe :D

"Defeat is a choice so as victory,You are never beaten till u decide"

Victory Ammunition Banner
vivekpeter

Postby vivekpeter » Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi my fellow IFGians,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of station for the past few days. Thank you very muchfor your wishes!!!!!!!!!

@Safarigentji - The budget for my weapon is 1.5 lakhs INR. I have an eye on the IOF 30 06. But in case I come upon a foreign 0.22LR, I might also go for it (stretching my budget if necessary ;) ).

@lucky cute - I am a member of the Rifle Club in my locale. I mentioned purpose as 'Sporting'. You dont need to show property etc, since owning a Gun is your right!

@miroflex - I have handled 0.22 LR, 0.315, 30-30 and 30-06 rifles so far, and will go for either a 0.22 LR (videsi only ;) ) or an IOF 30 06.

And once again, thank you so much, because its only the threads of IFG that supported me on this two year duel for obtaining my rifle license.

- Vivek

Gun control??!!

Bhargav

Postby Bhargav » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:07 am

vivekpeter wrote:Hi my fellow IFGians,

Sorry for the late reply. I was out of station for the past few days. Thank you very muchfor your wishes!!!!!!!!!

@Safarigentji - The budget for my weapon is 1.5 lakhs INR. I have an eye on the IOF 30 06. But in case I come upon a foreign 0.22LR, I might also go for it (stretching my budget if necessary ;) ).

@lucky cute - I am a member of the Rifle Club in my locale. I mentioned purpose as 'Sporting'. You dont need to show property etc, since owning a Gun is your right!

@miroflex - I have handled 0.22 LR, 0.315, 30-30 and 30-06 rifles so far, and will go for either a 0.22 LR (videsi only ;) ) or an IOF 30 06.

And once again, thank you so much, because its only the threads of IFG that supported me on this two year duel for obtaining my rifle license.

- Vivek

Vivek, I believe this will be your first firearm correct ? or you already had a license for a pistol/revolver ?

"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
- Phil Dalmolin

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano

NAGRI ( www.gunowners.in ) - Our future 800 pound gorilla.
Marlin XT-22R in 22lr.
www.programmerhaven.com/

xl_target

Postby xl_target » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:49 am

Congratulations!
Here's hoping you have a safe and fun time shooting.

“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

vivekpeter

Postby vivekpeter » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am

@bhargav - Yes friend. This will be the first firearm that I would be owning.

Gun control??!!

Bhargav

Postby Bhargav » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:27 pm

vivekpeter wrote:@bhargav - Yes friend. This will be the first firearm that I would be owning.

Great, so are you planning to get a pistol license in future?

"I'd much rather go to my grave never needing my gun, than go there wishing I had it."
- Phil Dalmolin

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano

NAGRI ( www.gunowners.in ) - Our future 800 pound gorilla.
Marlin XT-22R in 22lr.
www.programmerhaven.com/

vivekpeter

Postby vivekpeter » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:07 am

I have ideas for applying for a DBBL, but thats not in the near future..

Gun control??!!

noblekumar

Postby noblekumar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:09 am

vivekpeter wrote:Hi friends,

Thank You very much for your well wishes.

I attended the interview yesterday sharp at 5.00PM. The DRO asked me a few questions like why i needed a gun license, and he verified my club membership also. I told him the reason why I had applied for the licence (sporting), and that I am a member of the Rifle Club in Madurai for the past 3 years.

I also let him know that I was keen in target practice and am very ambitious. He accorded, and then called the clerk and asked him to record a statement from me.

I signed the statement and then handed it back to the clerk and asked him what the procedure was after that point. The clerk said he would put up the file to the DROs desk again with the statement, and that if the DRO feels that I can be given a license, he would be issuing the license orders.

Hoping everything goes well and waiting..

And as for the revenue and forest clearance, my house does not lie in corporation limits (in which case, according to the process here, the CoP would be the license issuing authority, and i need to get only the police clearance), and hence, I am required to get 3 clearances (namely Police, Forest and Revenue).

Thank you guys again for your wishes, and hoping that I get my licence.. :|

- Vivek

Right now I'm exactly at the same situation stated above you, waiting for my license. How long does it take for the DRO to issue you the license after personal interview. How were you notified that your application is approved by the DRO. appreciate your response. thanks

Return to “RKBA”