Some views on RKBA

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Some views on RKBA

Post by amit_sharma86 » Mon May 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Civil Disobedience Movement (1930)
Gandhiji launched another civil disobedience movement towards achieving the goal of complete independence. In the beginning he served an 11-point ultimatum to the authorities which was mainly about the common grievances of the people of India but did not include the demand for complete independence. The 11 demands had two demands of the peasant (abolition of salt tax to eradicate the government’s salt monopoly and reduction in the land revenue): three demands of the middle class (coastal shipping to be reserved for Indians, adequate protection to the domestic textile industry of India, and checking the deteriorating rupee-sterling exchange ratio); the rest were common grievances (modifications in the working of the Central Intelligence Departments, release of political prisoners, complete prohibition of intoxicants, 50 per cent reduction in military expenditure, 50 per cent cut in civil administration expenditure, and changes in the Arms Act, thus allowing citizens to bear arms for self-protection
Our great freedom fighter Bapuji were in favour for RKBA.

For Advertising mail webmaster
m24
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Some views on RKBA

Post by m24 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:49 pm

Hi Amit,

Do you have this in print somewhere?? If so can you scan this and upload it??

Regards
Jeff Cooper advocated four basic rules of gun safety:
1) All guns are always loaded. Even if they are not, treat them as if they are.
2) Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
3) Keep your finger off the trigger till your sights are on the target.
4) Identify your target, and what is behind it.

amit_sharma86
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by amit_sharma86 » Wed May 19, 2010 9:17 am

yes it is available in GK Concise manual and easily available in any of the book shop brother.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 am

i think its an important statement,which can support our rkba. :agree:

Virendra S Rathore
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Virendra S Rathore » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:07 am

Its an excerpt from a chat. The guy is looking for a list of pros n cons of using fire-arms.
I explained that both the pros and cons depend upon who is using the gun and how.
Technically speaking Gun does the same job every time, releasing a bullet. The results, good or bad - depend upon who used against whom in what situation. The pros and cons stem from that only. No separate pros or cons.
I tried but couldn't provide more cons. Although I missed one, unattended a gun might lead to accidents in hands of kids specially.

Please enlighten and enumerate sequentially if any more pros n cons.
=====================================================================================
Abhishek: ok, so dear , could you please explain me the pros and cons you have thought with your 26 yr old brain
10:36 PM me: pros of having a Gun ?
10:37 PM you can protect your life, family and property against random acts of violence
loot, burglary, murder rape
you dnt depend solely on govt. or police for your protection
they cant protect u 24x7 all places
10:38 PM Abhishek: and..
10:39 PM me: You can practice shooting sport and perform crop protection
Abhishek: and..
me: other than that .. Gun is not a magic wand .. that is it ...
its a device .. and i listed its use
10:40 PM Abhishek: the cons buddy
10:41 PM me: like the pros .. cons depend on your intent again .. if you're a goon hell bent to rape or murder loot u can use a gun .. but miscreants anyways don't use legal fire-arms from gov.t ..... they get them from black market illegal fire-arms
10:42 PM 90 % of gun crimes r done with illegal fire-arms
Abhishek: :D
me: its not something to laugh about
10:43 PM Abhishek: ok... more cons please
me: there r no more cons ...
10:44 PM Abhishek: can you please look for more.. i mean , you can discuss with your roomies, read somewhere,etc etc
just to b sure that there aren't any more
10:45 PM me: there aren't any
but if you want me to justify whether you shoud use guns ... You'll have to do that for yourself .. its your decision ... All i can do is to provide info . n guide where more info is indiansforguns.com
10:46 PM Abhishek: but that is the info for pros only, right, there aren't any cons
please guide me to info for cons
since you can only provide info
10:47 PM me: i told u the cons ... its just a device .. what r cons of a car .. if u want to reach home u can use it .. if you want to mow down people .. you can use it
these r devices
who uses n how they use ..
that matters
11:03 PM
Abhishek: and you told me that you can provide the information and guide to it .. but you have just one site and that too without cons
me: please go on the site n ask for more cons .. I cud provide only these many ..
11:04 PM i haven't held back anything
Abhishek: which means you haven't yet bothered to ask them (or dared) for more cons
me: I don't need more cons .. I find it justified
11:10 PM me: I didn't say I know everything .. I tried my best ... whatever I knew I shared with you
if you need more cons .. I can post on the forum
Abhishek: so you know more cons..
11:11 PM why don't you told me that before
me: i said I'll post on forum and ask for more cons
Abhishek: ok, thankx buddy
you are great
11:12 PM plz do that, and when you get reply plz do tell me that
Last edited by Virendra S Rathore on Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Virendra S Rathore

To Take my gun away for I might kill someone is just like cutting my throat for I might yell "Fire !!" in a crowded theatre ..

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:04 am

0:47 PM me: i told u the cons ... its just a device .. wht r cons of a car .. if u want to reach home u can use it .. if u want to mow down ppl .. u can use it
these r devices
You are absolutely correct. A gun is a tool nothing more, nothing less. By itself, being an inanimate object, it has no ability to do anything.

The list of pros and cons that your friend is seeking have nothing to do with the gun itself. What he is looking for is a list of the good or bad behavior caused by the person using the tool.
A hammer laying on a workbench does not get up and start hammering nails by itself. Someone has to wield it. However if used improperly, a hammer is a deadly weapon too. Similarly, a gun by itself does absolutely nothing.

Keep in mind that even your example that you thought you missed is not a valid criticism against a gun. If a child gets a hold of it and pulls the trigger, is it the guns fault? No, it is the fault of the person who left it there for the child to find.
Why is it dangerous in a child's hand? It is so because the child does not know what he is doing with it. We do not expect people to drive a car without driving lessons but most people expect to just pick up a gun and use it safely. Then the gun is blamed when their lack of common sense causes an accident or worse.

The media has conditioned most people to lose all sense of rationality where guns are concerned. They have conditioned people to believe that guns are dangerous. However, inanimate objects cannot be dangerous by themselves. It blows my mind how many people, who are otherwise well adjusted and can think logically, will tell you flat out that guns are dangerous by themselves. "I'm afraid to be in the same room with a gun, it might go off".
What? Hello..... this is just a lump of metal.

It is not easy to convince them that the gun is not dangerous, it is the person who wields it incorrectly who is dangerous. How many times have we read reports of such and such a person having the gun go accidentally off when he was cleaning it? Sorry, it was no accident. He had his finger on the trigger of a loaded gun and pulled the trigger.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941