Raise your voice for RKBA: Tell the government online

Discussions on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.
tonysilas
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Raise your voice for RKBA: Tell the government online

Post by tonysilas » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:53 pm

i have posted my grievance ....lets see...
‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

For Advertising mail webmaster
Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 pm

Done my bit..added two more..
Registration No. MINHA/E/2010/00526
MINHA/E/2010/00542

lets wait..to hear back from them..

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:00 pm

Those who are posting grievance, would request them to also post the matter here, so that others who want to lodge grievance can also get an idea.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:15 pm

Posted mine too.
Registration No. MINHA/E/2010/00561

This is the content

Sir/Mam
The reason for me posting the grievance here is based on the fact that daily in news, i have being reading of robbery in the capital city in broad day light and that too in pretty congested areas.
Yesterday only Software Engg was killed at 9:30 PM in Janakpuri area of west Delhi, in normal residential area, not some isolated spot. he couldn't defend him self, nor any body could help, reason, the assailants were armed and more than 1.
I can very well relate to this incident as i am myself a software engg and just like him i too have late nights, not from some party but due to the working conditions.
He was murdered not because he was some rich person or some jeweller or business man walking around with few lakh of Rupees, he was more than average income tax paying citizen and he lost his life on street without being able to help himself.
The simple fact for the high number of deaths from the robberies and attacks is that normal law abiding citizens are not armed to defend them self and police/ state machinery is just too loaded and stretched, they are low in number and this is accepted fact, even the hon minister of state for home affairs Ajay Maken has said on record, 'However, due to obvious limitations of manpower, it was not possible to bring all public places under security cover.' So i dont blame Delhi police for not being able to protect citizens, but this should not mean that we dont allow citizens to arm them to be able to defend themselves.
Small petty crimes like snatching, robbery in broad day light when people are coming out of banks or car snatching in islolated patche, these can be avoided if the citizen is armed and this support by a study by the eminent economist and University of Maryland Professor John Lott, '98 percent of the time when people use guns defensively, simply brandishing a firearm is sufficient to cause a criminal to break off an attack.' In fact we have proven fact, Ghaziabad(UP), arming house wifes has prevent many crimes, see Crime turns Ghaziabad housewives into sharpshooters Akash Vashishtha Ghaziabad, February 19, 2009, article in India Today magazine.
As far as the logic goes that arming citizen will result in more crime, let me present few facts
1. data published by the National Crime Records Bureau, for e.g. in the year 2007 only 1.79% of murders were committed using a licensed firearm.
2. With Indian population estimates for 2007 placing the Indian population figure at 1,136
million, the firearm related fatalities per million population for the year 2007 amount to just 4.26 and
this figure fall even further if one were to remove victims of terrorist violence from this count. In
contrast the very same year motor vehicles accounted 114,590 road traffic fatalities equaling to 101
fatalities per million person. Some may argue that motor vehicles are needed for transportation, hence
we should disregard how safe or unsafe they are for the safety of citizens
If there is a reason to add more validity the Arms license issued, why not link it to the present tax system, link it to PAN Card. if you dont want to give value to ordinary human life, atleast give some importance to your tax payers, its salaried class who pay the max tax and its we who are bearing most burn of the these crimes being committed
I am a 12 bore license holder, but even then, i have not being able to gather courage to apply for additional weapon, which i can use in day to day life for the security purpose, due to that fact license holder go through long pain taking ordeal to get license and at times process made me feel as If I am criminal by asking for arms license for my own security.
In the end I would only life to put the words of Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi, 'Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest'.
Regds
Ali