MEHER ARMORY-Palghar(MH)

Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat,
Maharashtra

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

MEHER ARMORY-Palghar(MH)

Post by Trajeev » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:32 pm

I was in Palghar area yesterday and the day before.While coming back,I remembered having read about an armory situated in that area.So I decided to pay a visit there.My main intention was to know about the local ranges in and around this area because now a days a good no of shooters from this area are seen participating in the state & national level competitions.I was surprised that the locals showed no knowledge about any such thing. :stupid: A shopkeeper informed me that there is a Parsi 'shikari' who stays at a farm called Meher Park in the village, who will be able to guide me. As soon as I entered the large gate of Meher Park,a Great Dane and an Argentine Mastiff welcomed me with showing their teeth & growling at me furiously from the verandah. A large wild Boar trophy instantly took my attention.
A parsi gentleman Mr.Merwan Irani is the owner of this Armory. They are into buying-selling and repairing fire arms as well as are authorised agents of Prcihole Air Rifles & Pistols.He and his son are renowned shooters and are active in the District Rifle association.There is a make-shift 10mtr range too.We had a long chat on the common interests,from Dogs to farming & offroading to shooting etc.
He informed me that 'Palghar District Rifle Association' doesn't have own range.There is one in VIVA collage in Virar,which is accessible to very few shooters..All the other shooters practice normally in the backyards and occasionally use MRA range in worli.

Their Address is- Meher Armory, Meher Park, Meher Villa,Dungipada,Palghar(E).Pin:401404 :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: MEHER ARMORY-Palghar(MH)

Post by airgun_novice » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks Trajeev. Mystery cleared finally. :-) Me too had asked locally for the range and the gun shop - but no luck. Google threw me up some sweet trekking spots though, when asked for "Palghar range". So no chances of any prax in Palghar whenever I visit. Have to go there to attend a wedding reception end of Nov, but towards Mahim side. BTW, is it the residence of the former MH champ in 10m & 50m ? (No, they do not know me socially or personally :-( )

regs,
A.

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:46 pm

@airgun-novice,
I don't know whether anyone of them was state champion. Palghar District Rifle Association is in the process of establishing their own range on Nandore-Devkhop road ,Palghar (E). Normally I visit my farm in Mahim on weekends.Give me a call when you visit there.If I am there, will surely meet. :cheers:

drakshaybhoi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by drakshaybhoi » Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:23 pm

Hello there pls provide me with your contact details .