D Sammandan & Sons - Chennai

Andaman & Nicobar, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

D Sammandan & Sons - Chennai

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:11 pm

D Sammandan & Sons
Shop No.22
City Centre Plaza,
No.3,Mount Rd
Chennai - 600002

Tel(Shop) - +91 (0)44 2853 4388
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
mehulkamdar

Re: D Sammandan & Sons - Chennai

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:49 am

I knew old man Sammandan quite well. He used to quote high to very high prices for guns but always had something interesting. One of my classmates was the son of a senior CISF officer and they would always get something new and interesting from Calcutta in those days. I remember one incident when he brought a CO2 air rifle for some work on it and Sammandan did not know how to put it back together after he dismantled it. :lol:

Not sure if this information is true but I heard that he had passed on and that his sons took the business over. The family had two gun shops - the Sammandan and Sons shop (originally at Chintadripet and which they later moved to Triplicane) and Anna Armoury which dealt mainly in air rifles.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:21 pm

Thank you Mehul :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

laku234
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by laku234 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:22 pm

yes its true mr.sammandhan died recently

arjuna
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by arjuna » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:17 am

his sons ramesh and sathya are taking care of the shop now, they are competitive shooters too

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sudhaiob » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 pm

true sammandam passed away leaving 2 sons who manage anna and apollo armoury respectively. i donot have much to say about his sons.
regs
sudhaiob

ashwin_chennai
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ashwin_chennai » Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:12 pm

mehulkamdar wrote:I knew old man Sammandan quite well. He used to quote high to very high prices for guns but always had something interesting. One of my classmates was the son of a senior CISF officer and they would always get something new and interesting from Calcutta in those days. I remember one incident when he brought a CO2 air rifle for some work on it and Sammandan did not know how to put it back together after he dismantled it. :lol:

Not sure if this information is true but I heard that he had passed on and that his sons took the business over. The family had two gun shops - the Sammandan and Sons shop (originally at Chintadripet and which they later moved to Triplicane) and madras gun house
which dealt mainly in air rifles.

ibalajis
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by ibalajis » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:48 pm

I went there a few months back just to enquire casually about some Indian made air rifles. To my shock, an UTA AR in .22 was quoted at 14K whereas it is available at Kovi Bazaar @ 4.4k-4.6k and the guy didn't have a clue about nitro pistons at all ;)

dee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dee » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:41 pm

well, i went to a local gun shop today, inquired about the UTA model 35, they were asking around 4500 inr. i bargained at 3800, will go and fetch it tomorrow as i was in a two wheeler today. hope the AR works fine.