Apollo Arms - Chennai

Andaman & Nicobar, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry, Tamil Nadu
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Apollo Arms - Chennai

Post by mundaire » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:53 pm

Apollo Arms
42/2, Gee Gee Complex
Mount Rd
Chennai - 600002

Tel (Shop) - +91 (0) 44 2858 6388
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

For Advertising mail webmaster
HydNawab
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Chennai Visit

Post by HydNawab » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I got a chance to visit a dealer here in Chennai today.Apollo arms.It is a business trip so didnt have a chance to roam around that much.This was quite close to my hotel.

I asked him if he has any .22 pistol for sale.A friend of mine had asked me to keep a lookout.He showed me a brand new Walther PPK in .22 with the original box and a spare magazine.I really like the weapon so enquired about the price.

Here it comes.Hold on tight.Any guesses?

He quoted an amazing 15L for the damn thing.At first, I thought I had heard him wrong, but he reconfirmed.I couldnt help it and asked him if he had any kind of mental condition.I started laughing and he tried to justify the price by saying that it was brand new and what not and I could find a .32 but not a .22. I asked him to show me something else.He then started asking me for my offer.I quoted 3L.

Then he showed me a Llama 380, which was in a bad condition.Dare I ask the price?

He himself mentioned that it was for 9L but the owner was taking offers.I didnt make any since I didnt have the strenght. I told him that I would be interested in a 357 Mag revolver or a Beretta 13 shots 32 and I also mentioned that I would pay the asking price.He said that Beretta would be 18-20L and more than that for the 357 Mag.I asked him how much budget I need to have for a 357.He replied anywhere between 20L-25L. 'Very rare no sir, that is why'.

I told the two gentleman that I own one and want to sell it.So they said leave it with us and we will get back to you.'Yeah Right!!!'

Thing people do for a living!

Cheers

Ashar
'It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze'.

'You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.'

-- Al Capone

ebenezer
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Chennai Visit

Post by ebenezer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:19 pm

Hi Ashar,

Please try to avoid having any transactions with Apollo as the price he quotes is too high. He quoted Rs 100 for one round of .22 Eley. This guy is known to fleece people like anything. An air rifle he sold recently, I learnt, was double the price than the one quoted by other dealers.

Regards,
Ebenezer

sudhaiob
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Chennai Visit

Post by sudhaiob » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:34 pm

hello hydnawab
i am sure that in a one to one competition apollo arms will win hands down against the basest of any dealer any where on earth. he is the son of sammandam (since deceased), adealer of (dis)repute. ihad a tough time in transferring ab.22 which had been deposited by afriend of mine to my licence, but for my perseverance and some official help from a dm friend of mine could transfer it after some 2 years and after paying Rs.6000/= as rent for deposit of the weapon.
All are warned to deal with him at their risk.
Regs
sudhaiob

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:40 pm

Really appreciate members are taking the initiative to share details on the trustworthiness of dealers! Hopefully others will also begin to contribute their individual experiences :)

All are requested to also share feedback on the dealers with which they have had a good experience. After all the best way to punish the crooks and reward the gents is through our collective pocketbooks...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Last edited by mundaire on Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

TenX
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TenX » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:13 pm

mundaire";p="56307 wrote: ...After all the best way to punish the crooks and reward the gents is through our collective pocketbooks....
.. and in some way, if we can let these dealers know about us posting feedback, it would help much more :)
Never Shave without a Blade
.......^___________________^
....../ '---_________________ ]
...../_==O;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....),---.(_(____)/.....
....// (..) ),----/....
...//____//......
..//____//......
.//____//......
..-------

striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Apollo Arms - Chennai

Post by striker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:07 am

This armoury owner are well known for their stupid pricing :evil:
For airgun newbies they sell gsmith pellets as imported pellets @ 500 inr/400nos pack

Their Main Clients are Airgun Newbies and wealthy Idiots,others are out of focus :)

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Fri May 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Ha ha the guys there are funny they sell a box(100) of master shot pellets for Rs 50/. I saw the same Llama that HydNawab mentioned, these guys are a joke. They showed me a national airgun and wanted Rs 8,000/- and the scope he showed me was an antique and he wanted Rs 15k. Anyways guys beware.

Dabuji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Dabuji » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:47 pm

I bought a UTA .22 Air Rifle and one box of pellets (500 Nos) from him in Sep' 2011 for Rs 15,000/- where he gave a bill for Rs 5,250/- Even before 50% of the box was over the butt of the gun broke, in Jan' 2012. When I took the gun to him he said it was because of mishandling and cost of the repair will be Rs 5,000 !!! I just thanked him and came back with the broken gun. In Coimbatore I changed the butt for Rs 700/-

ganapathi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by ganapathi » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:58 am

hello how much it cost bereta tom cat dual action brand new ?