Fellow Firearms Enthusiast from the States

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
PersianHK
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Fellow Firearms Enthusiast from the States

Post by PersianHK » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm

Hello all, I found this site through google and decided to join since it's right up my alley. I'm mixed Persian and Indian descent, I love my firearms here in the US, and I'd love to know about gun laws, legislation, and regulations back in India since I am completely uninformed about them! Thank you!

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:58 pm

Welcome aboard PersianHK! :) Look forward to seeing more posts from you in the future...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Fellow Firearms Enthusiast from the States

Post by Mack The Knife » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:22 pm

I'm mixed Persian and Indian descent.
Meow!

Oops, sorry, I meant to say "Hi". :wink:

Welcome aboard PHK and do tell us what sort of shooting activity floats your boat.

Mack The Knife

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:45 pm

Hey, Welcome to the board. Where do you live in the US ? If you live close (driveable) to Bremen, Indiana, would you like to join us for a preserve Pheasant hunt there. A few of us are going there at Backwoods Preserve for a paid preserve hunt on the 16th. Please let us know and we'll fill you in with more details.

Welcome again.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:16 pm

PersianHK,

Welcome here. Yes, you are most welcome to join us for our pheasant hunt at the Backwoods Preserve on the 16th. If you're in the Chicago suburbs we would be happy to take you along with us as there's three of us going from here. As far as Indian gun laws etc are concerned, there are several posts that deal with the subject. just go to the gun laws forum and check through the posts there.

BTW this welcome is for anyone from these boards who wishes to join.

Cheers!

PersianHK
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PersianHK » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:24 pm

HSharief";p="7534 wrote:Hey, Welcome to the board. Where do you live in the US ? If you live close (driveable) to Bremen, Indiana, would you like to join us for a preserve Pheasant hunt there. A few of us are going there at Backwoods Preserve for a paid preserve hunt on the 16th. Please let us know and we'll fill you in with more details.

Welcome again.
Thank you for your invite but I live in St. Louis, MO; how far from Bloomington, IN is Bremen? I don't think I'd be able to make it on such short notice!

PersianHK
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by PersianHK » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:29 pm

Mack The Knife Bana";p="7529 wrote:
I'm mixed Persian and Indian descent.
Meow!

Oops, sorry, I meant to say "Hi". :wink:

Welcome aboard PHK and do tell us what sort of shooting activity floats your boat.

Mack The Knife
I like "action" shooting, similar to army training with multiple targets at varying ranges and elevations; I have an AR15 that is absolutely wonderful for those types of engagements. I'd like to get into long range (500m +) target shooting as well, I just need to invest in some decent optics for the task. I also occasionally hunt, but time is usually slim for me these days.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:40 pm

PersianHK,

My good friend and business partner Mark lives just across the Missouri from St Charles in Michael IL. I do travel to St Louis/St Charles from time to time on business. If you check out the pics we have here we do a lot of shooting at Mark's place and our business only helps us keep up with the cost of shooting these days. :lol:

Do keep in touch and we could work something out soon.

As far as coming to Bremen is concerned, you could take the Amtrak Ann Rutledge from St Louis to Chicago and we would be happy to pick you up at Union Station and drop you back there. If you prefer flying, O'Hare is not even 5 miles from my place. Do try and if you could make it, it would be nice. We have members driving from Michigan and Illinois to join up at Bremen which is about 100 miles from downtown Chicago.