Hello there

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
GolfBrav0
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello there

Post by GolfBrav0 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:44 pm

Hi All,
I am from Switzerland avid sport shooter, hunter and collector of weapons. I came across this forum by accident guess was searching for some information on the Ishapore 303 :)

Any ways as said I have a few weapons all kinds new and old from 1900 to 1945 time frame from Switzerland, US, Soviet Union, Germany etc...etc maybe one of these days when I get around to photographing them will post some pictures.

Looking forward to interacting with you folks.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hello there

Post by timmy » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:14 pm

GolfBravo, welcome to IFG! We are happy that you've joined us from Switzerland.

I'm sorry that I can't help you regarding the rifle you are asking about, although I do have the later RFI 2A. But it is in 7.62 x 51 NATO, of course.

I very much appreciate Swiss guns, and would like to have a M1882 revolver (although a M1882/1929 would do). I do have a M1889 rifle, however, and really appreciate the fine finish and workmanship that went into it.

Please tell us about your interest in Ishapore rifles!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:52 pm

Welcome aboard.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:53 pm

Welcome to IFG!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

GolfBrav0
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by GolfBrav0 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:36 pm

timmy wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:14 pm
GolfBravo, welcome to IFG! We are happy that you've joined us from Switzerland.

I'm sorry that I can't help you regarding the rifle you are asking about, although I do have the later RFI 2A. But it is in 7.62 x 51 NATO, of course.

I very much appreciate Swiss guns, and would like to have a M1882 revolver (although a M1882/1929 would do). I do have a M1889 rifle, however, and really appreciate the fine finish and workmanship that went into it.

Please tell us about your interest in Ishapore rifles!
Thanks.. Actually I came across a Ishapore .303 sport version which was for sale and that is where I was trying to understand more. I have not seen any sport version. I guess Ishapore are not common in Europe I know there are many in the US.