Handgun training for new license and certificate

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
hitler9667
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Handgun training for new license and certificate

Post by hitler9667 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi, I am based in Bhayander, Thane district and have applied for the transfer of my grandfather's revolver license to my name with his permission. However, the application of form A needs training certificate S-1 filled by authority who trains for firearms and safety. I tried contacting Maharashtra Rifle Association, but they said they dont provide certificates anymore. Can you please suggest a place where I can get this certificate signed and stamped asap.

I had read one of the post that Mumbai Police gives training but they need license first, however the collector office first needs training certificate. Please help.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Handgun training for new license and certificate

Post by Vineet » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 pm

In Punjab, training certificate is issued by police line of every district. Contact your district police headquarters and see if you can get any help from there.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

hitler9667
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hitler9667 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 pm

I had called Mumbai Police and Thane police but they told that first I have to get the license and then I will get training, however the case is reverse when I told this statement to collector official (who will take the transfer application).

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:26 am

Show them rule 10 (1) of Arms Rules 2016 which says you need training certificate for arms license and rule 39 which says State Police department will provide training certificate.

As far as my interpretation goes, rule 39 also says that renewed shooter can also provide training certificate. See if it helps.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.