New Member from Bangalore.

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
shotgun1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

New Member from Bangalore.

Post by shotgun1 » Tue May 08, 2018 5:29 pm

hi
We grew up in a house filled with guns.
My father was in the Indian Air Force. And he collected Guns.
We were taught gun safety and use from the age of 10.

We went on regular hunting trips. And must have fired thousands of rounds. In various configurations.
My reason for mentioning all this is to explain I am not a novice at shooting or handling guns.

Over the years my dad sold off his collection. His revolvers, his rifles his hunting guns.
There is now just one item left. A bit of a family heirloom its an old Double Barrel Belgium 12 gauge shotgun. That was gifted to him by my grandfather. Who got it from his father. And now my father wants to give it to me.

As he was in the armed forces licence and amo where never an issue. But now he wants me to either get a licence and take over the gun or he wants to sell it.

Have had zero luck in getting a licence. In fact if I ask people to help me get one its like I am asking them to help plan a murder.
Somebody told me that if he passes on then I inherit the gun and the licence will be easier to make. Somebody else said if I inherit the gun without a licence I will loose it. Another party said to have the firing pins removed and just keep it as a show piece.

I plan on reading all the posts. But any help in guiding me how to handle this issue would be a big help.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: New Member from Bangalore.

Post by Vikram » Tue May 08, 2018 8:08 pm

Welcome to IFG! Sorry to hear of your troubles.
It is possible to have it transferred to yourself under heirloom category. This is covered extensively in older thread. Please go through them using the search function. Good luck!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

shotgun1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: New Member from Bangalore.

Post by shotgun1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:05 am

I collect pocket knifes.
Today on the news I heard one guys saying any Knife longer than 5CM is against the law.
I would like to print out the law and keep it with me what is the law on blade lengths. ? And where can I find it.