Plain talker, straight shooter ;)

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Plain talker, straight shooter ;)

Post by NairSaab » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 am

Hi all,
I am from south India. Had some training with guns in NCC and fell in love with it. I own few air rifles non branded ones and go often to my farm to practice. Have bought one for my kid also. I get to play with guns when I go to USA, which is like 3-4 times in a year. The guns we can shoot there is fantastic but you should know which gun ranges to go. In Las Vegas they even has a tank you could shoot :lol:
I have also started going for Deer hunting in USA now and plan to do this more often. Hunting is legal in USA and I am trying to get the trophy over to India. If anyone is interested in knowing more about USA gun laws and hunting, please contact me. Just because we cannot hunt in India, doesn't mean we cannot hunt anywhere else!
Hope to contribute and learn from you all
Thanks

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Plain talker, straight shooter ;)

Post by mundaire » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Welcome aboard NairSaab, do tell us more about your outdoor expeditions in USA :)

From what I hear, importing deer trophies can be problematic in India as they don't allow import of trophies of species found in India as well as species similar to those found in India! The latter bit combined with the pure ignorance amongst officials here has lead to many people suffering at the time of import.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

NairSaab
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Plain talker, straight shooter ;)

Post by NairSaab » Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:31 pm

mundaire wrote:Welcome aboard NairSaab, do tell us more about your outdoor expeditions in USA :)

From what I hear, importing deer trophies can be problematic in India as they don't allow import of trophies of species found in India as well as species similar to those found in India! The latter bit combined with the pure ignorance amongst officials here has lead to many people suffering at the time of import.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Thank you Abhijeetji. After lots of research I have written about the rules here

viewtopic.php?p=252082#p252082

I have started the process and waiting to see where it will go :) It seems I am the first from my state to do it, so they said it will take time. I can wait as my hunting trophy is getting dressed at the Taxidermist in Michigan :D The trick is to convince the officials that, as you said, there are no "look alike" species in India. So black bear is out of the question :?

It was a fantastic journey in the US for me as I was doing stalk and spot. This means that we stalk and spot the deer and then shoot it. After 3 days of trying, I was like just about 20 mts from a group of sleeping Deer. As it was about 12.00 pm they were sleeping in their sanctuary (Whitetail Deer are nocturnal or rather crepuscular, browsing mainly at dawn and dusk). The deer stood up to see what was coming and It was an exhilarating moment when I had the Deer in sights. When I pressed the trigger of my shotgun all other deer jumped and ran from there, but I got the one I was aiming at. It was fun skinning and BBQing your kill.

I am planning another trip in February 2018. It will be cold at that time and we can do even ice fishing for bass and trout. There are also opportunities for shark fishing in the Atlantic ocean. US is a fantastic country :D (y) Please do pm me for the details.