Greetings from Hyderabad

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Greetings from Hyderabad

Post by sjohn » Mon May 08, 2017 11:11 pm

Hello Everyone ! My name is John and i am a frequent visitor to this forum. I finally decided to take the plung into a sport i have been passionate about since childhood and i am loving it. Please find attached my 1st string of 5 shots with a .22lr - 50 meters prone. Your feedback is most welcomed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Greetings from Hyderabad

Post by Vikram » Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Welcome to IFG, Sjohn. Shooting is a great sport and pleased to see that you have taken it up.

Re the target, what does the group measure? Usually, 22LR rifles tend to be particular about the ammo they like. If possible, try with different brands and see which one your rifle likes. Did you use a scope?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

sjohn
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sjohn » Mon May 08, 2017 11:44 pm

Thank you Vikram. The string was shot using a anschutz match rifle - peep sights.

Machoman
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Machoman » Tue May 09, 2017 1:54 pm

Get a custom jacket and a sling and see your groups tighten (y)
sjohn wrote:Hello Everyone ! My name is John and i am a frequent visitor to this forum. I finally decided to take the plung into a sport i have been passionate about since childhood and i am loving it. Please find attached my 1st string of 5 shots with a .22lr - 50 meters prone. Your feedback is most welcomed.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue May 09, 2017 4:02 pm

sjohn wrote:Thank you Vikram. The string was shot using a anschutz match rifle - peep sights.
With what Machoman said and some practice, your groups are going to tighten up. I would still suggest trying different ammo.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."