INTRO - Anuj

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
AnythingWooden
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

INTRO - Anuj

Post by AnythingWooden » Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:49 am

Hi Everyone
Im from delhi, 25 years old. and IFG has been very helpful in the last few years and finally decided to register. I love collecting knives. Own maybe around 15 knives, a few local and a few from cold steel, buck etc. I love shooting rifles. Air rifles is all i can get my hands on. Have been literally begging everybody i meet who is in the army to take me rifle shooting. Really respect our armed forces. Love wood working, Travel/backpack and trek as much as possible. Musician by profession, Own a music school. Here to learn a lot more about rifles and knives. And my aim is to collect every traditional local knife i can find. I have the knife used by the khasi tribe in north east, a damascus blade knife, an axe by a local rajasthani who's family's been doing this for generations. And khukri.

Thanks
Anuj

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: INTRO - Anuj

Post by Prabhath » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:36 am

Welcome aboard.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi Anuj,

Wonderful to have you aboard, would love to see pictures of the knives you mentioned.

All the Best
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

RamMani
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by RamMani » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:12 pm

Welcome Bro...
Please Post your collection.
Is the rajasthani axe ,a Battle axe?
If you have any wooden rocking horse plans or links,pl PM me.
Thanks

Big Daddy
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Big Daddy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:27 pm

AnythingWooden wrote:Musician by profession, Own a music school.
Anuj
Wow. Nice to have a musician on the forum. So what instruments do you play and in which style?

BD
The early bird gets the worm, but the fact is, if the worm had woken up late, it would still be alive.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi Anuj, welcome aboard. Would love to see your sharpies whenever time permits.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

AnythingWooden
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AnythingWooden » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:21 pm

Wow, Thank you all for the amazing welcome.
Hi Prabhat , Thank you
@Chicky, Hi, Thank you, I havent taken any pictures yet. Ill do as soon as possible.
@ramMani, Hello, No No its a regular hatchet sort of axe. Im not really sure. Id love to have you guys help me with the kind of knives I have. It seems like I'm bragging about my collection. I dont think I'm really sure about stuff iI have. Sorry, I havent got any plans. Im getting into joinery. Ive build a couple of spoons/Spatulas and a mallet.
@ Big Daddy. Thank you. I play guitar mainly. Jazz, rock, fusion is what I play.
@ Kshitij. Hi, I would love to do that . Id like to get an opinion of all of you guys on my collection. Ill post as soon as i Can.
Thank you again for the warm welcome.

AnythingWooden
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by AnythingWooden » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:24 pm

@ Nkarun, if you are seeing this, I dont think Im allowed to reply to private messages as of now. Ill post pictures of the khukri. I think Its from Darjeeling, It was a gift from a friend. Im planning to go to Nepal to trek to Everest Base camp in May. If i do go. Im planning to buy knives from the khukri house. That ill be able to show off proudly. :)