Hello fellow IFGians!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
dheerajch
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello fellow IFGians!

Post by dheerajch » Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Dear Friends,

Its great to be part of this forum which I came to know about just a few weeks ago.

My association with airguns has been on and off since childhood when I was gifted an .22 air pistol on my 11th birthday. The initial fascination, which saw me target practicing on old notebooks at 15 feet, lasted for a few months only after which the gun went into neglect and oblivion.

My interest in shooting revived in class 11 when me and my friends took to plinking. Two of my friends owned .22 air rifles.

A few years later I came across a rusting .22 air rifle, minus the butt, at a local kabari shop which I picked up for a few hundred rupees. A carpenter who was working at home those days fashioned a butt out of some wood we had lying about and the rifle was ready! It was, however, a very worn out piece and didn't have much power or accuracy and was soon cast aside.

Fast forward twenty years to the present and I happened to borrow a .177 Precihole SX100 Pegasus. The front sights of the gun were damaged and a bit of rust was creeping up when the gun came to me. A bit of jugaad for the sights and rustolene (groan as it removed the bluing as well) and gun was ready for shooting. A few wadcutter GSmith Amateur pellets that came alongwith soon ran out as my 11 year old son and I decided to take up shooting on printed targets.

Since then we have ordered and are using target paper targets (though the batch we ordered is for air pistol not for air rifle, we found out later) at a 10 m range we have setup outside our house. We are using H&N Sport pellets and have also received a box of RWS GECO Diabolo which we are yet to use.

We hope to improve our aim through diligent practice and knowledge through interaction with the other members here and look forward to buy good equipment and guns of our own as per our needs and budget.

Looking forward to a long association!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Hello fellow IFGians!

Post by Vikram » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Welcome to IFG!
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

dheerajch
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dheerajch » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:41 pm

Thank you Vikram :)

gaurav31dec
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by gaurav31dec » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:51 am

Welcome to the forum. I am sure you will love interacting with experts here. Same as I am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:56 am

Air pistol targets are just fine for casual plinking at 10-30m with springers. For removing rust without damaging the finish (any more than it is), use 0000 steel wool and oil.

And, welcome aboard! :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

dheerajch
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by dheerajch » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:41 pm

Thank you for the welcome Gaurav and Abhijeet!