Hello IFG!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Hello IFG!

Post by nitroex700 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi there!

Am a govt employee currently based in Delhi. My hobbies include field target shooting, firearms design, adventure sports, yoga etc. I recently bought a new .22 air weapon based on discussions on this forum - has turned out to be a worth it!

I'm currently trying to set up a field target shooting gang in my hometown Allahabad. I also have a 55ft 'junkyard' FTS range at my house in Allahabad. Any local IFGians are most welcome to join me for weekend shoots!

For Advertising mail webmaster
StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Hello IFG!

Post by StampMaster » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:46 pm

Hello nitroex700, Welcome to IFG

Which make and model is your .22? Rifle/Pistol?

I wouldn't mind flying from Dubai if the shoot follows by some tasty food.. :wink:

Cheers
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

StampMaster wrote:Hello nitroex700, Welcome to IFG

Which make and model is your .22? Rifle/Pistol?

I wouldn't mind flying from Dubai if the shoot follows by some tasty food.. :wink:

Cheers
Thank you very much for the encouragement! :)

I purchased a Hurricane Mod Whatever recently based on multiple user feedbacks & designer inputs as it seemed to be the only gun available in India that I could tune for my 50yd+ FTS shooter requirement. Importing guns or bribing people isn't really my cup of tea yet!
Have shot some 400 shots on iron sights. Consistently hitting 1" groups at 50ft with any pellet that fits the breech properly. Have also made 5 consecutive shots land in a soda can size area from 35 yds in strong monsoon cross wind after windage adjustment. Hit a pesky neighbour's sat dish offhand in 1st shot from 70m+.. Then quickly scampered off! :D

You're most welcome to join me for weekly shoot whenever you want buddy! Am looking to get an FTS group going in Allahabad (Delhi doesn't spare me much time..). If it does, perhaps you could come to our group shoots! Have posted another thread. Have a look if you're free. :)

captrakshitsharma
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by captrakshitsharma » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Welcome to the forum . You will learn and enjoy firearms and shooting related knowledge and trivia over the years. I will however request you to refrain from the "temptation" of shooting dish antennas, bulbs, window panes etc belonging to the irritating members of your community. Times have changed and gun owners are under a lot of scrutiny, kindly refrain from behaviour which may land you in trouble and also reflect gunowners in poor light.
I dont dial 911... I dial .357

nitroex700
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by nitroex700 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:04 pm

captrakshitsharma wrote:Welcome to the forum . You will learn and enjoy firearms and shooting related knowledge and trivia over the years. I will however request you to refrain from the "temptation" of shooting dish antennas, bulbs, window panes etc belonging to the irritating members of your community. Times have changed and gun owners are under a lot of scrutiny, kindly refrain from behaviour which may land you in trouble and also reflect gunowners in poor light.
Point taken! Thanks for suggesting. Am usually extremely 'disciplined' with weapons. That was a one off test to figure out just how accurate my gun can get!
As somebody once said, "Stealing ain't no sin, getting caught is..!" :D