Here I Am!

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
jksunwar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Here I Am!

Post by jksunwar » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been a regular visitor to the forum for quite some time before finally registering some time back. Sorry for the delay in introducing myself.

Well, I am 45 yrs. YOUNG and work in Doordarshan. Presently I am posted at Itanagar, the capital city of Arunachal Pradesh in the northeast tip of India. Coming from a military background of three generations, I have always been close to guns. And oh Boy do they fascinate me! Always regret my decision not to go for a military career. If I could have it all over again, I would blindly join the army – just for the love of guns. My other loves are Jeeps, Bullet(the motorcycle) and nature.

Well, regarding actual shooting experience – I don’t have much. Other than some .22 & 12 gauge clay target shooting during NCC days ages ago my experience with shooting mainly comprises some casual air rifle plinking during teens, that again ages ago. Those were the days! Then the grind of life took over and time suddenly zipped by. However, now at 45, I am finally beginning to get some free time. So here I am!

Hope its not too late to start all over again.

First of all I need to buy myself a good gun. And I know I am in the right company.

Cheers!
Jai Kumar
Itanagar

For Advertising mail webmaster
Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Re: Here I Am!

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:33 pm

Welcome to IFG and you have come to the right place.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Welcome jksunwar,

Your story is so similar to mine , I joined IFG last year and have been absolutely hooked. One gets to learn so much, and everyone is willing to help with sincere advice. Try and read old submits , most of your queries would be solved that a way. We all look forward to hearing from you and learning your experiences as well.

Best wishes,

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:46 pm

welcome mate
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

Vassili Zaitsev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Vassili Zaitsev » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:41 am

Welcome home Jai..enjoy your stay here
"Everything that has a beginning, has an end !!!"

Dean Weingarten
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Dean Weingarten » Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:55 am

Welcome. I am a newcomer as well, though because I had the luck to be born an American, I have been able to shoot, hunt, and carry for self defense, firearms for most of my life. Now that I have retired from a carreer in military research, testing, developement and evaluation, I have started another writing about guns and gun issues. It seems a grave injustice to me that so many in India are denied their natural rights. Good luck to you, and I hope to be of some small assistance. I am nearly 65. The years do fly by.

James_Bond
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by James_Bond » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:01 pm

Welcome
With Regards
CODE NAME BOND, JAMES BOND LICENSE TO RKBA

jksunwar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by jksunwar » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure this would be a great learning experience for me.

Cheers!

- Jai