Spring gun fan converting to PCPs

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
vishnu_r
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Spring gun fan converting to PCPs

Post by vishnu_r » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:44 am

Hello everyone, I am a chennai based member and have long been a fan of Spring guns having used many Indian models and one exceptional Diana 34 with a scope that I fell in love with. The accuracy of the Diana 34 really surprised me especially once I started using the surprisingly good quality pellets by G. Smith. I actually thought they were some imported German pellets when I first got them for some reason. They were superb!

However, I was very disappointed when my dad sold the 34 without my knowledge around 8 years ago while I was in the US for my higher education so I took a break from air gun shooting after that. I just could not go back to the Indian guns after that beauty. Took a break from shooting after that and just recently the passion has returned with a storm.

I had a huge struggle choosing whether to go for the classic Spring mechanism that I loved so much or to go for the supreme accuracy of a PCP. After SEVERAL hours of research and quite a few sleepless nights over the last 2 weeks I have finally settled on my next air gun. The Air Arms S510 Xtra in a brown popal stock! (177 caliber from the relishsports website).

Greatly looking forward to receiving this gun and learning how to operate, maintain and service a PCP because it's completely new to me. I have a passion for long range shooting by making all the ballistics calculations / adjustments so the supreme accuracy of this gun will really lend itself to that purpose!

Regards,
Vishnu

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Spring gun fan converting to PCPs

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:14 am

vishnu_r wrote:Hello everyone, I am a chennai based member and have long been a fan of Spring guns!
I had a huge struggle choosing whether to go for the classic Spring mechanism that I loved so much or to go for the supreme accuracy of a PCP. After SEVERAL hours of research and quite a few sleepless nights over the last 2 weeks I have finally settled on my next air gun. The Air Arms S510 Xtra in a brown popal stock! (177 caliber from the relishsports website).

Greatly looking forward to receiving this gun and learning how to operate, maintain and service a PCP because it's completely new to me. I have a passion for long range shooting by making all the ballistics calculations / adjustments so the supreme accuracy of this gun will really lend itself to that purpose!
Regards,
Vishnu
Good choice bro.....
Wish you many happy hours of long distance, accurate shooting....
Briha

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:04 pm

Dear Vishnu_r,

Wonderful choice, albite a little expensive one though. Envy you , I would probably buy the exact same one if I wanted one. Would request you to share your experience with Relish sports in this import, after you have it.
All the best and safe shooting...

Chicky
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

vishnu_r
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vishnu_r » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:38 pm

chicky wrote:Dear Vishnu_r,

Wonderful choice, albite a little expensive one though. Envy you , I would probably buy the exact same one if I wanted one. Would request you to share your experience with Relish sports in this import, after you have it.
All the best and safe shooting...

Chicky
Yes it is definitely expensive. I was also considering the Benjamin Marauder which is around half the price and probably more value for money but I thought since I'm buying one why not get a good one. I was almost going to get both the Diana 350 magnum AND the Benjamin Marauder because while I wanted the accuracy of a PCP, I was finding the thought of not having a Spring gun hard to swallow. So instead of getting two I thought might as well bite the bullet, move on to more modern technology and get a top notch PCP. Hopefully pumping it up by hand will not be too much of an issue. And one big reason I chose Air Arms is this fantastic YouTube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/user/MoshDubber

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:26 pm

That is a nice air rifle. good choice. Xtra FAC. hope the dial is pre-set to low when shipped as the customs people are asking relish sports to do a 'deal wood' test.
all the best
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:57 pm

Vishnu, Congratulations on the order, I ordered a benjamin discovery last oct 2014 through Relish, the rifle was delivered keep us updated about the delivery. Hope you

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Added in 1 minute :
get it soon. best wishes.

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 pm

get it soon. best wishes.

Added in 5 minutes 30 seconds:
Sorry forgot to mention it was delivered on April 2015. 6 months waiting time due to the customs clearance. keep us updated, thank you.

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:03 pm

Sorry forgot to mention it was delivered on April 2015. 6 months waiting time due to the customs clearance. keep us updated, thank you.

vishnu_r
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vishnu_r » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:30 pm

pradeep2374 wrote:Sorry forgot to mention it was delivered on April 2015. 6 months waiting time due to the customs clearance. keep us updated, thank you.

Wow that's a long waiting time! I spoke to relishsports recently and they said that I would have to wait 3 months. Although I suspect that it will be 6 months like it was for you. Still worth it I think. Hope you are happy with yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pradeep2374
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by pradeep2374 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:02 pm

I ordered it for my vacation plinking in Dec 2014. This December I am going to lay hands on it. My dad is playing around with it. :-)