Hello everyone

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Hemant Y
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello everyone

Post by Hemant Y » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:05 am

Helloo everyone on IFG...
I am Hemant from navi mumbai maharashtra...formally joined IFG just now. This is my first post rather intro. Have been following this site for more than a year or so... over years many times i felt that, one day interest in guns and shooting will just pass off with time like many others... but this particular thing kept on bringing more and more interest.. 6 months back decided to seriously pursue this as hobby, after having spent 34 yrs of my life settling down with a reasonably good career and to bring myself in a position to afford some money and time for it. Though not sure about the ultimate goal in this particular interest.
Have lined up with one shooting club in d vicinity.. will keep all u posted if i really feel would be able to add some value.
A special note of thank to ABHIJEET and all other gun gurus.. who have spent years, shared their knowledge and created this forum to let any common man (like me) to have that exposure towards this field.
I personally believe, even the knowledge of arms can make a huge huge difference in case of distress immaterial of whether its in ur hand or d opponent.
Reminding me of 26/11.... i always wish if we had a liberal policy like US as regards arm.. the loss might have been much less... somewhere they (culprits) were damn sure that none of the target will have even a mildest defence available for them that too against a 47... it really pains... for no mistake of own so many lost lives jus coz of an insufficient(wont say ineffective, ours being such a populated country and mumbai being overly populated) law n order and left out with d destiny....

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello everyone

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:54 am

Welcome to the forum Hemant. Hope you will have a good time here. Looking forward to your active participation.

Atul

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Thank you for the kind words Hemant and welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

As to 26/ 11, I couldn't agree more! If we did not have an unarmed populace, the terrorists would not have been able to cause even a fraction of the damage they did!

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

ankur_ank007

Post by ankur_ank007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Hemant,

Welcome to the IFG. Hope you will have good time here. 26/11 was the worst tragedy in history of Terrorism in India and still instead of taking lesson from such a tragedy the government has brought Arms Act Draft Bill 2015.....

I am afraid, "Behind every blade of Grass in India, there is an Unarmed man and a Potential victim"

Regards

Hemant Y
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Hemant Y » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks Abhijeet, Thanks Atul, Thanks Ankur for the warm welcome

Just to share with you the update on the shooting club, like i mentioned in my last post. Happened to visit their both the ranges (Vashi & Panvel) yesterday and today (returned from panvel range sometime back only). Would say Its good to start with.
I couldn't signup formally today also, as the guy i had lined up with was not available for some reason. But anyways next week onwards will start for sure.

Will keep posting the experience.

Cheers
Hemant