Hi guys...

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Tapan1
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hi guys...

Post by Tapan1 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:52 pm

Hi friends,
I'm Tapan. I'm from Ahmedabad Gujarat. I've always been into guns specially revolvers and pistols along with collecting diecast scale models of cars and suvs from childhood because of my dad. Have used few of the .32 and .22 ones s&w webley and colt to name a few at my cousin's private shooting range. My dad owned a .32 revolver made at the Indian defense factory or something in Kanpur ( sorry don't know the exact name of the factory). I always wanted to keep the gun with me but sadly due to all the problems related to getting a new arms license I've decided to sell it off for now. I really feel bad to let go off my dad's gun as it was one of his best memories for me. Anyways I'm happy to be a part of this forum and learn things from you all experienced people in this field. Sorry if the introduction was boring as I'm new to these things.

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hi guys...

Post by aadhaulya » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Welcome to the forum Tapan, there is a lot of information for learning available here.
Why do you want to sell the revolver. Now days it is very difficult to get an Arms License, but the easiest way to get it under the 'Family Heirloom' category for which you are eligible to transfer your fathers gun in your name. But only if you are more than 21 years old and are eligible to own a gun as per the arms act.

Atul

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:40 am

Welcome to IFG Tapan1 :D

Hope you have a wonderful time here. :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:42 am

Welcome aboard Tapan and your introduction was by no means boring. It just helped people to get to know you better.