A big hello to all members

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

A big hello to all members

Post by Chengy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:41 pm

I have recently joined this brilliant forum and am amazed at the camaraderie and knowledge shared by the senior members. I am an officer in the Armed Forces and own two weapons .. a Cogswell & Harrison DBBL 12 Bore and a 0.22 Winchester Model 60. Will put up pics soon. Am shortly going to purchase a .30 06 rifle. Would need our esteemed members guidance on the same. Just one query. I have an All India Licence with the above two weapons entered. On enquiry with DCP licensing here in New Delhi (where my licence was last renewed) I was told that I can just purchase the weapon from an Arms Dealer and get it endorsed on the licence. Permission to purchase is not required as I am permitted 03 weapons on the licence. Is this correct ?

Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Re: A big hello to all members

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Chengy,

Welcome to the forum.
I wonder how come the DCP gave you the impression that you do not need permission to purchase a third weapon. You need to have permission to purchase a specific weapon like Pistol/ Revolver, Gun (shot gun) or rifle. This permission is entered on your License before you can buy it.
Off course if you have an All India Validity, you can buy it from any where without any additional permission.
Therefore, if you do not have permission for buying an additional rifle you need to apply on a plain paper giving a reason for the additional weapon and buy the rifle after approval from the LA.
Hope it helps, and confirm from the DCP again.

Atul

Chengy
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: A big hello to all members

Post by Chengy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you. I will check back and revert . Regards