Hello Everyone

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
amitambika
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello Everyone

Post by amitambika » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:19 am

Hi,

I have been reading the forum for quiet some time now and now have decided to join as member. i have loved guns from childhood but knowing the regulations in India had never tried getting a license for one. However reading the posts of other members it seems after all there might be some possibility of getting a license.I am from Delhi but now stay in Bangalore. Don't know how the licensing authorities will treat my application since I am kind of an outsider here and cant speak the local language.

Thanks and Regards

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Prabhath » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:44 am

Welcome aboard. You definitely are not an outsider in Bangalore. Not being able to speak the local language will not be a reason for rejecting your arms license. You should it give it a try provided you can fulfil the requirements.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Atul

trushank
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by trushank » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:08 pm

I would like to where can i find Walther cp88, beretta m92fs black and beretta m92 fs nickel and wood. I would also like to know if You guys know any other imported CO2 pistols.
I live in Mumbai and there are very few places that offer these pistols plus the cost is very high.

amitambika
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by amitambika » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:35 pm

Thanks All.

Prabhat,

How was your experience in getting the arms license in Bangalore. Was it tough

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:33 am

trushank wrote:I would like to where can i find Walther cp88, beretta m92fs black and beretta m92 fs nickel and wood. I would also like to know if You guys know any other imported CO2 pistols.
I live in Mumbai and there are very few places that offer these pistols plus the cost is very high.
Trushank,

This is the Introduction section, please do not try to hijack someones topic of the thread. If you search the forum you will find a lot of posts on air pistols.

Atul

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:50 pm

Amitambika,

Lucky for me, the process was pretty smooth. Did not have too many hiccups. Received good support from the local police station. Make sure that you have all relevant paper work ready. Do not encourage bribes. Never back down from talking to the jurisdictional CPI, ACP or DCP. People might suggest that it is not a wise thing to do and advise you about trying to get your work done at the lower levels. That is where the whole process of bribe starts. PM me if you want any further info.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Prabhath wrote:Amitambika,

Lucky for me, the process was pretty smooth. Did not have too many hiccups. Received good support from the local police station. Make sure that you have all relevant paper work ready. Do not encourage bribes. Never back down from talking to the jurisdictional CPI, ACP or DCP. People might suggest that it is not a wise thing to do and advise you about trying to get your work done at the lower levels. That is where the whole process of bribe starts. PM me if you want any further info.
Totally agree with you. I had a similar experience in Gurgaon.

Atul