Intro

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Intro

Post by mismisra » Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:54 pm

HI I am new on this site but without an intro . Been politely reminded of that .I am a fighter jock and have flown most of the ac in our inventory .I have taught flying forover five years . I love guns on or of the ac.The bigger the better . I have used variety of guns and own two vintage .Currently i am drifting to 10m air pistol event . I love skeet shoting and my favourite weapon is the GLOCK 17 . Yes i have seen licve action far away from paper target . The best weapon i have used is the Ruski 240 mm rocket . Hope to hear from yo guys , Thr ROE was fun to read . Seems like ypou guys need action ....MM
:twisted: electron

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi MM,

Allow me to formally welcome you aboard our growing community of gun/ shooting addicts! Hope you have a pleasant stay here... :)

Regarding the ROE... well we unfortunately have had some rather unpleasant "action" here, hence the rules, etc.... If everyone behaved like gents, we'd be more than happy to do away with any and all formal rules..

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Intro

Post by Risala » Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:26 pm

Welcome aboard MM,

Where are you posted these days,and hasnt the airline bug got to you :wink:

though I am a former Cavalry officer,have a very strong connection with the IAF :)

Cheers and post often.

Sanjay

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:05 pm

Hi MM,

welcome to IFG.... about time too!

Time we had a fly-boy here...getting too crowded with grunts :mrgreen:

When are we getting representation from a sea-dog...or a submariner?

You out west? The EAC is here in my town.

Regards,
CC

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:21 pm

Hey thanks for the Intro sir :wink:

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

WyoJoe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by WyoJoe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:13 pm

Welcome aboard.
There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Pran
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by Pran » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:40 pm

Welcome aboard Mismisra.

Pran
"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:33 pm

mismisra";p="27069 wrote:I am a fighter jock and have flown most of the ac in our inventory .I have taught flying for over five years . I love guns on or of the ac. The bigger the better
What I'd like to experience or perhaps try is 'zeroing' the 30mm GSh6 cannon on a Mig27 on the ground. I've only seen pics (not IAF) of such post-overhaul firing from a special hangar that opens out to some dead ground.

The experience would be more intimate and ethereal than firing it in the air.... :) .... I can imagine letting it rip at those insane RPMs

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:27 am

MM
Welcome aboard.

Best

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:09 am

will write sbout the 23mmGASHA the 30 mm is a NRA..CC love to share it with you ..ever heard about the 4x 30mm ADEN gun pack on the Hunter

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:02 am

mismisra";p="27150 wrote: ever heard about the 4x 30mm ADEN gun pack on the Hunter
yes........... and the sabrinas too :mrgreen: . speaking of gashas, so you flew migs then?

welcome aboard!
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:23 am

mismisra";p="27150 wrote:will write sbout the 23mmGASHA the 30 mm is a NRA..CC love to share it with you ..ever heard about the 4x 30mm ADEN gun pack on the Hunter

Yup...ADEN... I think its still in use in the Harriers and Jaguars right? IAF still uses ADENS?

I personally think HS Hunters are the epitome of what a good aircraft should be... traditionally speaking. Though I've only seen them flying or on display, but I'm a big fan of jet aircraft of that era... never mind all the modern gizmos.
Last edited by cottage cheese on Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:38 am

This is what I had in mind.... :mrgreen:

in this case its a Mauser 27mm Cannon on a Luftwaffe tornado....

mismisra
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by mismisra » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:39 am

IFG has a lot of keen individuals the knw level is amazing glad to share it with you,Q which is the largest aerial gun ever used in action ?.this should get the boys in!

hamiclar01
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by hamiclar01 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:27 pm

mismisra";p="27172 wrote: IFG has a lot of keen individuals the knw level is amazing glad to share it with you,Q which is the largest aerial gun ever used in action ?.this should get the boys in!
Wait........don't tell me, :? it's the one on the A 10 Warthog, innit? the 30mm GAU Gatling? i think the airframe was balanced round it?
"Stan, don't you know the first law of physics? Anything that's fun costs at least eight dollars."