Sort of new member

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Vik
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Sort of new member

Post by Vik » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:01 am

I came here first in, I think, 2013. I had a double rifle I bought in Afghanistan and was looking for information, but had no picture. I thought I could get some photos soonish, but I didn't. I just got them now, two years later. I am in Canada, the guns are in the US. I brought back about 40 Sniders, Martini's, muskets, and a couple of Lebels and I'm now selling them on gun broker.com. Not trying to sell to you, couldn't if I wanted to, just saying that if you wanted to look at them, check out "Grandaddylonglegs" stuff on GB. Again, since I'm not (can't) selling those to anyone on this forum, I believe it's ok to point you there if you are curious. I like looking at old guns, there are some beauties on this forum, so maybe some of you would like to just look.

Reading the Indian legal stuff on here, I have to say that in the US, we have a lot more freedom, however, Progressive Liberals (their name for themselves, they are neither Progressive nor Liberal) and other retards keep trying to take them away. Were it not for the NRA, they would have succeeded. Politicians seem--wary --of pissing off the NRA since Al Gore lost his Presidential race because the NRA took his home state of Tennessee away from him by sending Charlton Heston to travel Tennessee telling his constituents that Big Al wanted to take their guns away about a month before the vote.

Everyone seems to put all their guns on here, I won't do that, because I really cannot recall some of them. At the risk of sounding like a braggart, i have 4 M4's (one in 5.45x39mm), Ak74, 2 AMD65's, 2 or maybe 3 Glock 19's, one Glock whatever the Baby Glock in .357 Sig is called, a 12a KSG, 3 10/22's, Browning .22 TD, K98 Mauser, Schmidt Rubin straight pull, mod 94 Winchester, 3 NRA Mini-revolvers, 2 in .22 Mag and one in .22LR., .45 Ruger Vaquero,.32 KelTec and i'm tired of writing this list, so that will do for now.

My personal opinion is that: Free men do not beg permission to bear arms, and there should be no more government interference in buying guns than a chair, or a ball-point pen. Why should a government want to control guns? Treat your people right, and they won't shoot at you. But, we all know gun control is all about control, and not much about guns.

Oh, yeah, and 2 G3's, one PTR and one old Century put-together-from-a parts kit.

I'm an old man. My history is retired US military, civilian law enforcement for many years, 7 years as a contractor in Afghanistan. I'm still learning about guns since I made my first one at 10 years old from a .22 blank pistol that cost $3.00.

I just remembered the two Garands I bought last year from the CMP for $550.00USD each.

So, now, I am going to try to post the pictures. I put them on my original post, but the post is 2 years old and no one may see it, so I'll try here...

Sorry for repeating the pictures, but I really think they might not be seen if I just put them on the old post.

It appears to be 12 bore (gauge). I'm just curious why someone would want to efface the "Made in Pakistan" on there, and what ammo it is meant to use, and why Pakistan (1947) is on such an old looking gun in the first place. The barrels look damascus to me, so I believe it was made to shoot 12gauge slugs from blackpowder cartridges at tigers or elephants. Surely Nitro had taken over for "using" guns before Pakistan became a country? But, maybe not, because one of the interesting things I found on this forum is that some people are still making, basically, homemade black and other powders today in India. Which, actually, I think is great and I wish people would do that here.

Help, please?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.