HELLO EVERYONE !

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Khan_Imran
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

HELLO EVERYONE !

Post by Khan_Imran » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Imran and I am your neighbor from Pakistan. I am completely new to this wonderful site. It's just awesome loaded with lots and lots of info just about everything pertaining to weapons. AS GOOD AS GUN SMOKE. Something that I am addicted to ! Just can't resist the aroma of gun powder ! Hehehe........

For Advertising mail webmaster
dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm

Welcome neighbour...;-).

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:09 pm

Welcome aboard

best

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:56 pm

Glad to have you aboard, Imran.

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: HELLO EVERYONE !

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:05 pm

Hi Imran,

Thanks a lot for the intro, though I was expecting more :D So tell us what guns you shoot and hows Hunting season going on so far?

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:35 pm

Welcome aboard Imran, and yes do tell us more about shooting/ hunting in Pakistan... We have a couple of other members from across the border here as well... am sure they'll pipe in with their welcome soon enough :)

I completely agree about the smell of burning cordite! Nothing like it on a nice cold winter morning... ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Khan_Imran
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Khan_Imran » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Friends, hunting season has commenced in this part of the world. To be precise, Duck hunts have started to be followed by Partridges in November. I had been out on a shooting spree recently. Quails have started to come in good numbers Inder, as in for your query on the guns in use, I own a Beretta 12 gauge O / U for upland, and use a Beretta S / S for waterfowl. For big game, though I dont do that very often, I use a Beretta 689 Express Rifle. It's Beretta all the way. What kind of Guns you use. Have you ever been out in the wild ? What all have you shot so far. It will be nice if you share your memoirs. As in for other IFG members from Pakistan, I would like to say a big hello to them as well. It will be superb to get to know the entire family of IFG.

IMRAN

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:14 pm

dear imran welcome to the forum.
im shooter, an indian doctor in uk. i have quite a few pakistani friends but none of them hunt.
ive been trying to get info about markhor hunting.
till date all the info was from sites, beaurocrats, politicians from your country but none of them were hunters so all theoritical knowledge.

can you help me out. i want to hunt markhor.
visa shouldnt be a problem.
does knowing someone in pakistan politics help in quota? how difficult is it to obtain permit?
what is the hunt like? chances of success?

i heard people hunt wild boar too in pakistan. is that true?

how easily can a foreigner shoot boar in pakistan as it is not a hunting package deal in pakistan.
didnt come up in my searches over the net.
cheers.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:23 pm

Shooter,

You do get piggy hunting package deals in Pakistan.

Google Hunting Masters or something along those lines.

Mack The Knife

P.S.: Here you go... http://www.huntingmasters.com/

shooter
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by shooter » Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:50 pm

thanks Mack The Knife.
i guess i missed that.
1 million hits when you search for anything- thats my defence.
You want more gun control? Use both hands!

God made man and God made woman, but Samuel Colt made them equal.

One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. by Jose Gasset.

Khan_Imran
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Khan_Imran » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:10 pm

Hi Shooter

I suppose the site www.huntingmasters.com has almost about everything in store for you. Hope all info provided is to your ultimate satisfaction. However, should you need any further assistance please feel free to ask.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:35 pm

Imran,

How do you rate them as outfitters?

Mack The Knife

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi Imran,

Thanks once again.. S*S for waterfoul, I was under impression what everyone uses semi's for waterfoul in your part of the woods..

I am planning to be in Pak coming late Jan, Lets see how plans go

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:57 pm

Welcome Imran, from the faaaaar east of the country.

Khan_Imran
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Khan_Imran » Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:03 pm

Thanks EVERYONE for the welcome. Yes Inder you are right. Most of the guys use Semi Auto's in our part of the woods. Hehehee ! Well said. But im different. I do agree to a great degree that choosing a weapon for what type of game one's gonna shoot is a significant decision. Some people may prefer to shoot waterfowl with a semi auto. But I have been scoring equally well with a side by side. I do agree that semi auto's dominate today, probably due to the fact of the high tech engineering and recoil reduction that has gone into the semi auto's ( Gas operated ) over the years. What kind of weapons have you been using over the years. Why don't you come over to Pakistan and have a go at your shooting skills.....