Greetings fellow marksmen

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
BarathJegan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Greetings fellow marksmen

Post by BarathJegan » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi everyone

I had my first stint at shooting when I was part of NCC at school. It was a very relaxing and rewarding experience and I have framed my first ever target (the holes are all over the sheet though! :P) Several years later I would like to take up the hobby of shooting (a good mix of plinking and target shooting). I have been going through a few of the threads and I am awed and humbled by the experience and knowledge of people in this forum, surely I've got an ocean of knowledge to gather.

Some personal info - I hail from the temple city of Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Although I'm currently residing at Indore doing my MBA (almost done now).

I do not currently own an air rifle, since it's kinda hard to keep one at campus. I'm looking forward to get one when I join work. I am interested in knives as well and have recently started a tiny collection of a couple of victorinoxes and some cheap folders from eBay. Currently they serve as unboxers for my online purchases...

That's it for now... looking forward to many a productive conversation... Glad to be here! :D

For Advertising mail webmaster
Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Greetings fellow marksmen

Post by Prabhath » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:48 am

Welcome aboard.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:59 am

welcome to IFG BarathJegan. Happy shooting
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

BarathJegan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BarathJegan » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Thank you guys! You may call me Barath :)

apoorvsinghal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by apoorvsinghal » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:25 pm

BarathJegan wrote:Hi everyone

I had my first stint at shooting when I was part of NCC at school. It was a very relaxing and rewarding experience and I have framed my first ever target (the holes are all over the sheet though! :P) Several years later I would like to take up the hobby of shooting (a good mix of plinking and target shooting). I have been going through a few of the threads and I am awed and humbled by the experience and knowledge of people in this forum, surely I've got an ocean of knowledge to gather.

Some personal info - I hail from the temple city of Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Although I'm currently residing at Indore doing my MBA (almost done now).

I do not currently own an air rifle, since it's kinda hard to keep one at campus. I'm looking forward to get one when I join work. I am interested in knives as well and have recently started a tiny collection of a couple of victorinoxes and some cheap folders from eBay. Currently they serve as unboxers for my online purchases...

That's it for now... looking forward to many a productive conversation... Glad to be here! :D
Welcome BarathJegan. have a rewarding stay here.

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:24 am

Welcome to IFG BarathJegan - I wish you a fun time! :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

bennedose
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by bennedose » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:53 am

I had my first stint at shooting when I was part of NCC at school. It was a very relaxing and rewarding experience
Welcome. You and I belong to the same caste - of people who feel relaxed by target shooting/plinking. A few shots every morning is like my morning coffee.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:18 am

Barath, we are glad to have you here at IFG. Maybe sometime you can tell us about your shooting experiences, both those you have had and those in the future.

Madurai -- how I would love to visit your city and temple sometime. Have you seen the picture of Raja Raja Chola?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Oooh - fantastic movie timmy! :D

[youtube][/youtube]

The temple is truly awe inspiring - wow!

I am pleased to say I spent some considerable time of my mis-spent youth in Madurai! :lol:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

BarathJegan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BarathJegan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:15 pm

bennedose wrote:
I had my first stint at shooting when I was part of NCC at school. It was a very relaxing and rewarding experience
Welcome. You and I belong to the same caste - of people who feel relaxed by target shooting/plinking. A few shots every morning is like my morning coffee.
That sounds like an excellent morning routine! :) I presume I'd be adopting that routine pretty soon myself

BarathJegan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BarathJegan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:27 pm

timmy wrote:Barath, we are glad to have you here at IFG. Maybe sometime you can tell us about your shooting experiences, both those you have had and those in the future.

Madurai -- how I would love to visit your city and temple sometime. Have you seen the picture of Raja Raja Chola?
I've had no experience with airguns. I've shot .22 rifles during one of the NCC camps at school, and also once at the Madurai Rifle Club (participated in a competition ages back) I remember having an average grouping (around 3 cm on open sights), but i guess the elevation must've been off since my shots were all on the upper side of the outer.

Do visit Madurai, it's a beautiful place, and I'd be glad to be your host! :D

If you are referring to the movie, yes I have - it was actually shown to us back in school since the play was part of our curriculum :P

BarathJegan
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by BarathJegan » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:33 pm

[quote="ckkalyan"

The temple is truly awe inspiring - wow!

I am pleased to say I spent some considerable time of my mis-spent youth in Madurai! :lol:[/quote]

I am a fan of the temple, even though I'm not a very religious person..

I'd love to hear you reminisce sometime about your days in Madurai! :) Have you been to the Madurai Rifle Club? I'd like your advice on good shooting spots around Madurai - I'll be going there in March