Hello Members

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
santoshang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Hello Members

Post by santoshang » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi to all the Members,

My name is Santosh, working professional from Manipur and currently residing in Gugaon. Ever since my childhood I have always been fascinated by Guns but never got the opportunity to explore it.

Quite recently,I have decided to start entry into Air rifle shooting. I have limited knowledge about this and have search a bit about the membership and purchase of air pistol.

I need some information about the National Rifle association membership, could anyone from the the groups let me know how to enroll for National Rifle association membership or for Haryana state rifle association?

Also, I would like to know if we require any arm license to purchase air pistol?

Regards,
Santosh

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Hello Members

Post by nagarifle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:43 pm

welcome santosh

please do check out the various threads to your enquriy on the forum as the info is all there.
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

santoshang
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by santoshang » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:27 am

Thanks Naga rifle for your information.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:50 pm

simoirangcha wrote:Hi! Santoshang...
I am Soibam Ibohal recently became member to IFG. I found your post, me too looking for someone who was already a member to any state or NRA who can introduce me for new membership for NRA, had you became member to any of the association mentioned above? If so, kindly introduce me too. I am very interested in shooting competition. As per my knowledge no licence is required for purchase of any Air Rifle.
Air Rifle Buying rules@Below Terms & Conditions apply ONLY on purchase of Air Pistol and Air Rifle in India
You do not require any arms license to own or operate airgun in India.
All Pistols / Rifles on this website are 0.177 Calibre; No Fire arms.
No clearance / permission required from any State or Centre Government Department or Police to setup a 10m shooting range.
Before confirming the order, customer must ensure they possess the below documents for the delivery;
1. Shooter must be a member of any Rifle Club/State/National Rifle Association of India.
2. A letter from them stating that the shooter is a registered member of the association.
3. A photocopy of Shooter ID, Photo ID and PAN Card - All self attested (Photo ID can be - Driving License, Passport, Voter Id, Adhaar card).
All clearance will be done and we guarantee door delivery of the product.
Your order would only be processed once we receive all the above documents in order.
Dear Santoshang,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you have an enjoyable time here.
WARNING
The information given to you by another new member 'Simoirangcha' is for purchase of an imported air rifle or pistol only. There are a lot of Indian make rifles and pistols available in India that do not require any of the above things. You just walk into any shop and buy it or place an online order for home delivery.
Also, there is no restriction on purchase of .177 or .22 bore guns. But in competitions they generally allow only .177 bore.

Atul