Hello Everyone

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Hello Everyone

Post by SMJ » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Esteemed Gentlmen.

Greetings! I am a novice shooter from Mumbai, India. I own 2 Precihole air rifles- both .22 bores - the NX 100 scorpius and SX 100 orion. Thank you for accepting my request to join this wonderful community.
Its a pleasure to be added on to this forum and I certainly look forward to interacting with all of you and to the guidance of the veterans and gurus of this fine sport.

Shailen

For Advertising mail webmaster
Roger_Rohit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by Roger_Rohit » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 pm

Hi Dudes,
I am a new member to this forum. I want to know the legal issues of holding an air rifle. Is a licence necessary to have a air rifle?

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi Shailen,
Welcome to the forum buddy. Do share some more about the kind of shooting/plinking you do :)

@roger_rohit, barging in on someone's introduction like that is just rude buddy. Anyways, you will find all you need in the legal or airgun section of the forum, look it up.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:00 am

Hi Kshitij,
Thank you very much for your warm welcome :)

I love plinking - especially shooting cans! As you know in our wonderful city its impossible to find a place where you can plink at peace safely or without scaring people. So unfortunately, I have not yet had a chance to shoot from the NX 100 and have shot around 20 odd pellets from the SX100 in Mahableshwar (both rilfes are relatively new - around 4 months old). I am planning on joining the Worli Rifle Association soon to be able to shoot on a regular basis in the city.

However, I must say here I cant stop reading the post where yourself, Brihaji and another gentlemen went to JAPA for a Sunday shoot. That's the kind of shooting I enjoy- surrounded by nature as I am also a huge wildlife fan and a very very amateur herpetologist so I also like to carry my snake hooks during such outings :). I see on this forum I would get the opportunity to interact with a lot of like minded people like yourself, as very few of my friends enjoy what I love!

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:27 pm

SMJ,
We are holding a meet at Japa in the month of Jan. Deatils of the meet have been posted on the forum. Do join in, there will be plenty of opportunity to shoot both your air rifles in the meet.
Cheers,
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:49 pm

SMJ wrote: Esteemed Gentlmen.
Greetings! I am a novice shooter from Mumbai, India. I own 2 Precihole air rifles- both .22 bores - the NX 100 scorpius and SX 100 orion. Thank you for accepting my request to join this wonderful community.
Its a pleasure to be added on to this forum and I certainly look forward to interacting with all of you and to the guidance of the veterans and gurus of this fine sport.
Shailen
Welcome to IFG Shailen :D
Looking forward to hearing more about your shooting experiences with NX100 / SX100.....
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:35 pm

Welcome to IFG SMJ! I wish you great fun and safe shooting! :D
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi Kshitij, yes I did see the post earlier as well (prior to registering) and just trying to work out if I can join- it would be excellent meeting all of you.

@Brihacharanji - thank you sir, I am also looking forward to sharing my shooting experiences with both rifles- as I understand on this forum there are some who swear by Precihole rifles or swear at them after purchasing :) hopefully I wont be in the latter category!

@Ckkalyan - thanks mate :) love the signature!

Roger_Rohit
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Roger_Rohit » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:45 pm

@Kshitij
I really apologize dear. Since i am new to this forum and this was my very first post, i dint notice where i posted. I apologize once again and will be bit careful here after

Regards
Roger_rohit