Introduction- Phirozeirani

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Phirozeirani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Introduction- Phirozeirani

Post by Phirozeirani » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Hey all..
Heres my introduction...
I am located in AAMCHI MUMBAI and have used air rifles and shot .22 rifles and 12bore shotguns (under senior supervision ofcourse) since forever... getting older and busy with work, I completely lost touch of a 'sport/hobby' i grew up loving... I never understood the legality of owning and shooting air rifles here and chose to stay away from it altogether as there seemed to be a taboo against owning any sort of gun...
During a visit to the US, and a walk through a sports store in Texas, I realised what i was missing and felt completely helpless as i believed that back home, it would be imposible for me to enjoy the one hobby that made me forget about everything around me (unless i take it up professionally - for which i do not have the time at all). That is when i started researching and found this forum along with several other articles about air rifle ownership in India...
After a bunch of asking around i learnt about and took the basic safety gun handling course at Swatantra Veer Savarkar shooting range (I must say, Mr. Shinde is a wonderful and dedicated sports person) .. and then only recently, my membership.. and now almost three years later, i finally purchased my very own Air Pistol (Webley Alecto) , which is pretty awesome... I do have my dad's air rifle that i grew up using, (weihrauch break barrel) Also got myself one of precihole's nitro pistons in .22 which if held correctly is very accurate.... might need some work on the trigger but awesome otherwise...
Its amazing how you go right back to being a child while plinking with these air rifles... glad im back in the game...
I look forward to getting to know some more likeminded people here... talk soon...

Phi...

For Advertising mail webmaster
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Introduction- Phirozeirani

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Phirozeirani wrote:Hey all..
Heres my introduction...
I am located in AAMCHI MUMBAI and have used air rifles and shot .22 rifles and 12bore shotguns (under senior supervision ofcourse) since forever... getting older and busy with work, I completely lost touch of a 'sport/hobby' i grew up loving... I never understood the legality of owning and shooting air rifles here and chose to stay away from it altogether as there seemed to be a taboo against owning any sort of gun...
During a visit to the US, and a walk through a sports store in Texas, I realised what i was missing and felt completely helpless as i believed that back home, it would be imposible for me to enjoy the one hobby that made me forget about everything around me (unless i take it up professionally - for which i do not have the time at all). That is when i started researching and found this forum along with several other articles about air rifle ownership in India...
After a bunch of asking around i learnt about and took the basic safety gun handling course at Swatantra Veer Savarkar shooting range (I must say, Mr. Shinde is a wonderful and dedicated sports person) .. and then only recently, my membership.. and now almost three years later, i finally purchased my very own Air Pistol (Webley Alecto) , which is pretty awesome... I do have my dad's air rifle that i grew up using, (weihrauch break barrel) Also got myself one of precihole's nitro pistons in .22 which if held correctly is very accurate.... might need some work on the trigger but awesome otherwise...
Its amazing how you go right back to being a child while plinking with these air rifles... glad im back in the game...
I look forward to getting to know some more likeminded people here... talk soon...

Phi...
Dear Pheroze,
Welcome to IFG. Hope you find the site very helpful and fruitful. Are you a competitive pistol shooter ?
regs
A.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:42 pm

Pheroze,

A hearty welcome to IFG! All the very best with your pursuit in shooting sports.
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:13 pm

A very warm welcome to IFG Pheroze.

Regards
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Phirozeirani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Phirozeirani » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:37 am

Hey guys!
Thanks for a very warm welcome... I am not a competitive shooter.. air rifle shooting have been something i enjoy nad only recently, thanks to IFG have i been able to take it up as a hobby. I do a whole bunch of shooting at my farmhouse whenever i get a chance ... set up some drop down targets and spinners.. 'Yakult' bottles filled with water make amazing reactive targets.. set them up at random ranges from 10 meters to 30 meters and you have one real fun pistol shooting range...

Look forward to hearing from you guys..

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:01 pm

welcome friend,kindly share your airguns with us.
regards
dr.jk

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi Phiroze!
Welcome to IFG :D
Briha

Phirozeirani
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Phirozeirani » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:18 pm

Thanks all..

samrat
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by samrat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi Phiozeirani.
A warm welcome to IFG
Samrat.

kesh1982
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by kesh1982 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:55 am

Hi Phirozeirani, welcome to the forum. Life is too short to miss out on the things you are passionate about. Great going on picking up the sport again. Am based in Mumbai too. Will catch up sometime.

Cyrus
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Cyrus » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Dear Phirozeirani,
My Name is Cyrus Mody, I live in Dadar in AAMCHI MUMBAI.
I am really keen on a Membership at Swatantra Veer Savarkar shooting range.
I would just like some info on the entire process of the membership.
I would be obliged if u could help me with the same.
Can you plz contact me on [email protected].
Thanks.