Hello

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Hello

Post by Georgian21 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Team,

I am from Gurgaon and had the fancy of guns from Childhood. Did lot of shooting while I was at Military School Belgaum and than in NCC - won many events for shooting (Group, Snap Shooting etc...). Led a active life till gradulation..

Alas, now I am working as manager in an IT firm but still my love for weapons has not vanished and now IFG is there to keep it going.

Regards
Gopal Chauhan

For Advertising mail webmaster
mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Welcome aboard Gopal... :)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

shahid

Post by shahid » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:01 pm

Welcome to IFG. DO you own some civian arms now ? DO you still indulge in any form of shooting sports ?

WyoJoe
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Hello

Post by WyoJoe » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:30 pm

Georgian21";p="25436 wrote:.....but still my love for weapons has not vanished and now IFG is there to keep it going......
Welcome aboard. Let's hope your love for guns never does. I got started in hunting when I was about 4 years old. Still love it today. I had a 14 year old boy ask me one time why I hunt and I told him "It is a part of me". Never give up that part of your self.
There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:11 pm

GC,

Welcome aboard.

While at Mil School did you visit the JLW,part of the Inf School in Belgaum.

Cheers

Sanjay

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:10 am

Hey logged back on now to see many replies, Thanks for the welcome! here are the answers:

Shahid - I Own a Rifle and Pistol (Both IOF make as I was tight on budget when I bought them) and yes I do shoot around in military ranges courtsey of few classmates who are now officers in Indian Army. My father owns Rifle/Pistol/Double Barrel etc...

Wyjoe - I will keep the spark alive :) as advised.

Sanjay - I visited the JLW (J L Wing) of the infantry school quite often and was a member of the Library, have read lots of real books on military history and Indian Army. I have even participated in the commondo training as part of my NCC Camp twice....Its Tough but it always amazes me.... a living example a human body can be streached/polished to get the best commandos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gopal

Olly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Olly » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:20 pm

Georgian21";p="25639 wrote: and yes I do shoot around in military ranges courtsey of few classmates who are now officers in Indian Army.
Gopal
Next time you go for shooting, you might want to take a couple of friends along with you, shooting their own ammo... :wink:

Welcome to IFG..

Georgian21
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Georgian21 » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:07 am

Thanks Anupam,

I will try to arrange for a range and than the invite.. :lol:

It will be fun :D