Namaskar from Tezpur

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
bohemian21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Namaskar from Tezpur

Post by bohemian21 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:16 pm

Dear All,
Seasons Greetings from Tezpur. A Dilliwala by birth, I am working in Tezpur, Assam. I have been following IFG for around a year though my association with guns dates back for more than two decades. When I say my 'association with guns' it is more to do with others' guns and not mine. I do not even have a license. Being a Wildlife Conservationist, I conduct capacity building programs for enforcement agencies and because of this association, I have been privileged to fire various types of guns possessed by army and police in their firing ranges. As a wildlife conservationist, I have also been involved in monitoring poaching (illegal hunting) of wildlife and therefore have also got opportunity to look into the weapons these poachers use and the routes they are smuggled.

I never thought I will take shooting (plinking is perhaps the right word) as a hobby but was instigated by my colleagues in the police. Per their constant nagging I brought a PH NX100 Scorpius from Aimco which arrived today and their lies my intention to be a member of IFG to understand, learn and share experiences of shooting.

Thank you

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Namaskar from Tezpur

Post by timmy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Bohemian, we are glad to have you aboard here at IFG. I'm sure that you have some interesting wildlife stories that, perhaps, you might share with us. Welcome and enjoy IFG.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Basu
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Basu » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Dear Bnhemian,
Hearty welcome !!
Pl. share some of experiences while working at Tezpur.

Basu
Not all those wander , are lost...............

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:39 am

Bohemian,

A warm welcome to IFG. Pleased to have you here. You will find that many on this board are quite passionate about wildlife and conversation and it will be educational for our members should you share your experiences. Looks forward to your regular participation.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

bohemian21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bohemian21 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:01 am

Thank you for your kind words. It shall be my endeavor to share experiences that I have gathered or is still gathering! Being in field means that I am off connectivity many a times still I hope to begin with my IFG journey with my first hand experience of the Scorpius. I am sure to share my thoughts on wildlife conservation, laws and photography whenever there is scope in this forum.

Regards

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:16 am

Welcome aboard.

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:47 pm

welcome
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:53 pm

Welcome Bohemian to IFG :D
Looking forward to know more about your interests in guns....
Briha

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 pm

welcome friend,its nice to have a conservationist.will be looking forward for posts from you.
regards
dr.jk

Armed Defence
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Armed Defence » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:20 pm

@bohemian21, Welcome to the forum bro. You told that you are a wildlife conservationist and know people in the LEAs. So why don't you make get a firearms license. A gun may come in handy in case of any untoward situation during your duty in the forest. Get your license before it becomes more difficult to get one

bohemian21
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by bohemian21 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:23 pm

Armed Defence wrote:@bohemian21, Welcome to the forum bro. You told that you are a wildlife conservationist and know people in the LEAs. So why don't you make get a firearms license. A gun may come in handy in case of any untoward situation during your duty in the forest. Get your license before it becomes more difficult to get one
Not a bad idea at all but there are a few things - 1) Yes I know people in LEAs but taking obligation from them would be too much from me. 2) Procuring a license for which I have to be in Delhi (my permanent home) means considerable amount of time off the field that I cannot afford and then I do not know if the Delhi license will have all India validity rendering all that exercise of running around useless considering the fact that I work in a different state.

On a lighter note, I just hope that I do not ever have to use a gun to save myself :)

Regards