Hi all

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:41 am

mundaire";p="15401 wrote:I think you are a little confused as to what penpusher said above (reg. the .40 & .500)
<snip>
all full auto guns are classified as PB as are all semi-auto long-guns (rifles & shotguns).
u r correct. i read it in haste & misunderstood.

what abt ammo availabilty? wld u get ammo for say the .40 cal on a regular basis?

For Advertising mail webmaster
MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:43 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="15406 wrote:Can you post the names, addresses and other contact details of shops in Singapore that sell guns and shooting related accessories?
hi Mack The Knife,

there r really only 2 --- one on beach rd & the other in the golden mile complex. will get all the details & post here.

cheers

mehulkamdar

Re: Hi all

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 am

Maxpower,

Spent a year in Singapore in another era and I lived on Kang Ching road near the Lakeside MRT station at the time the place was getting built. I still remember Chye Whatt Seng and Hock Ann Sporting - wonder if both shops still are around?

Anyway, if you make it to North America there are several of us you could join for shooting. I do mostly trap and big bore rifle shooting though I should have a 45 ACP soon for me to play around with and also for personal protection. Good luck and post often,

Cheers!

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:28 am

mehulkamdar";p="15464 wrote:I still remember Chye Whatt Seng and Hock Ann Sporting - wonder if both shops still are around?

Hi Mehul,

Anyway, if you make it to North America there are several of us you could join for shooting. I do mostly trap and big bore rifle shooting though I should have a 45 ACP soon for me to play around with and also for personal protection. Good luck and post often,
You are correct. These are the only two gun shops here in Singapore. But now it's even more difficult for someone to walk in & buy gun related stuff, even parts. The authorities are claming down.

I do make it there maybe once or twice a year, though I have never been to Chicago. If there is a trip in the works, will let you know. Will be great to meet up.

Thanks.

Cheers.

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:32 am

Mack The Knife Bana";p="15406 wrote:Can you post the names, addresses and other contact details of shops in Singapore that sell guns and shooting related accessories?
Hi Mack The Knife,

Here you go ---

CHYE WHATT SENG PTE. LTD.
5001 Beach Road
Singapore , 199588
Singapore
Phone: 298 35 86
Fax: 746 42 63
Contact - Vincent

Hock Ann (Sports) Pte. Ltd.
273 Beach Road
Singapore, 199548
Singapore
Phone: 0065-62980551
Fax: 0065-2948733
[email protected]
Contact - Bob

hope this helps,

cheers.

Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Risala » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:15 am

I have been to both these shops,many years ago,but was not particularly impressed with their offerings.
Perhaps cause the range was limited.
Best
Sanjay

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:03 am

Thanks, Max.

Mack The Knife

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:18 pm

Sanjay";p="15474 wrote:I have been to both these shops,many years ago,but was not particularly impressed with their offerings.
Perhaps cause the range was limited.
That's all we got bro ... no choice ...

:)

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:22 pm

MaxPower,

Do these two shops stock air-rifles/ air-pistols also? Do you know if they ship to India? I ask, as many members here are interested in ordering air-guns from overseas, but so far have been restricted to US/ UK based suppliers - whose shipping costs are quite high, to put it mildly...

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:28 pm

mundaire";p="15524 wrote:Do these two shops stock air-rifles/ air-pistols also? Do you know if they ship to India? I ask, as many members here are interested in ordering air-guns from overseas, but so far have been restricted to US/ UK based suppliers - whose shipping costs are quite high, to put it mildly...
Hi abhijeet,

when i last visited them (perhaps a couple of months ago), they did. whether they ship to india or not, i have no idea. but i'll give them a call & get back to you alongwith shipping prices. i suspect they may want a copy of the Indian import licence before they do so.

cheers.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:50 pm

MaxPower";p="15527 wrote: Hi abhijeet,

when i last visited them (perhaps a couple of months ago), they did. whether they ship to india or not, i have no idea. but i'll give them a call & get back to you alongwith shipping prices. i suspect they may want a copy of the Indian import licence before they do so.

cheers.
Thank you MaxPower, this info will be of real assistance to many members here! :)

About the import license, there is none required. Any member of a rifle club/ association can import air-guns via post (in .177 calibre only). A copy of this notification is in the downloads section of this site, as well as on the NRAI site - http://nrai.in/not2.pdf

Won't this notification suffice to ease their minds about shipping to India?

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:55 pm

mundaire";p="15530 wrote: Won't this notification suffice to ease their minds about shipping to India?
i will certainly find out 4 u ...

gimme a couple of days & i'll post their response here ...

cheers

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Hi Max, belated Welcome.
I'm another Hock Ann and Chye Watt vet. Chye watt had a major attitude prioblem then, Hock Ann with its Uncle-Nephew duo was far friendlier..Patrick I think was one ...
Great to have you here lah, Apah kabal?
best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

marksman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by marksman » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Welcome Maxpower.
Just learnt that you too are a newbee like me on the forum but of course you are way ahead of me as far a shooting sport is concerned. I would surely like to meet up with you when and if in Singapore. Hope to learn more on IPSC. BTW, I heard one is not allowed to have a fire arm at home in your country. Is there any element of truth in it? Just curious.
Cheers!!!
Marksman
Exercise in Logic:
Given that there are far more good guys than bad guys, what would happen if all good guys and all bad guys were armed???......Simple, isn't it ?---Jeff Cooper

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't
be any India because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our
women and breed a hardier race!"

MaxPower
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by MaxPower » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:58 am

marksman";p="15550 wrote:Just learnt that you too are a newbee like me on the forum but of course you are way ahead of me as far a shooting sport is concerned. I would surely like to meet up with you when and if in Singapore. Hope to learn more on IPSC. BTW, I heard one is not allowed to have a fire arm at home in your country. Is there any element of truth in it? Just curious.
hi marksman,

yup ... i'm a newbie bro. i would not say way ahead in shooting or anything, mebe have just had the opportunity to participate in ipsc. that's it.

of course marksman, if u do come this way, holler ... & i'm sure v can meet up.

uh-oh ... gun @ home? BIG no-no ... it's like "off-with-the-head" no-no ...

but, otoh, there's no need 2 hv a gun @ home here ... it's vy safe ...

hope this helps