Anybody from Chicago area?

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Anybody from Chicago area?

Post by nineteeneleven » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 am

Hello,

My first post. I found this site by accident and I find it has a wealth of information regarding gun laws in India. I have always struggled trying to get answers for gun ownership in India and now I'm quite a bit enlightened. Keep up the good work.

Is there anybody around here that's from the chicago area? If we have a good group, it would be fun to get together and have some serious shooting fun. Buffalo range comes to my mind, but I think they are closed for the winter.

I primarily shoot and own handguns. I have shot on occasion AR-15's but haven't had a chance to own one.

-Praveen
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just - Thomas Jefferson

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 am

Welcome aboard, Praveen.

There are a few chaps in the Chicago area and they are regular posters, so you should hear from them soon.

Mack The Knife

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:46 am

Welcome aboard ...actually there are few guys from CHicago including moderator Mehul...
All the best

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Anybody from Chicago area?

Post by Mark » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:47 am

Welcome to the forums! There are a few people up in your area, I'm sure they'll chime in shortly!

I haven't been to Buffalo Rock in probably 16 years, I thought it closed when the shop blew up and killed the owner but that has been a while ago as well.
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:13 am

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, Buffalo is still around. They have tightened the rules and I just found out that they are open during winter...but limited hours.

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:17 am

Darn it, where were you in December 06. Check out Mehul/Amits threads in the hunting folder "First IFG Hunt". Well, maybe you can go with us next time. Mehul and Amit should chime in soon....

Welcome aboard.

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:20 am

After reading the threads.....I'm really jealous now . I wanted to go hunting for a very long time but I was put off many times and never found the...right inspiration.

Yeah...next time...count me in.

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 am

Welcome.Praveen.You are very lucky,as you will find out soon, to have all those members near you.Each one is a gem of a person.

Good shooting-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:01 pm

I think I had seen a few more replies to this thread before the site crashed.

So from memory....I think Mehul had mentioned he is more into shotgunning than handguns and inquired abut my location.

I live in Bolingbrook, IL....it's very close to Aurora/Naperville area.....my main mall activity is in Fox Valley so I know my way around that area. I go to Megasports, Plainfield for most of my shooting activities. Sometimes I do visit gunworld, bensenville with another buddy.

Is anybody interested in attending the Utah non-resident permit training at GAT guns in last week of January? As you are all aware, Illinois is no-carry state and the permit will allow CCW in abut 29 states (except IL) and it would be nice just to be able to tell lawmakers that I can carry in 60% of the states...but not IL where I pay taxes, which is ridiculous. I already have a PA permit that allows me to carry in fewer states but trying to add more to my list.

Mehul, I'm gonna send my number via PM....soon.

conty1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by conty1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:16 pm

Hi Praveen,

Yes that was my last post that got deleted for whatever reason.

Anyway, I live in Aurora just behind the mall. And Mehul and I meet up or shoot together frequently. Are you into Trap Shooting at all? We are going over to the Naperville club this Sunday. If you want to join us, you are welcome to.

Amit

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley.

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by kanwar76 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:08 am

My post is lost too...

Neway welcome again..1911..You got some very nice people and a very nice club around you. Lucky Guy..

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

nineteeneleven
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by nineteeneleven » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:25 am

Thanks for the invite, Amit....I have not done trap shooting and I don't have a shotgun. But I can try it and find out if it interests me....

Good to know that you guys live pretty close to me. I will let you know if I can make it on Sunday.

mehulkamdar

Post by mehulkamdar » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:20 am

Praveen,

Can't believe that any kind of shooting sport (with the exception of ISSF rifle and pistol matches IMO :lol: ) could be uninteresting to anyone interested in guns and shooting. Do try and join us on Sunday and we'll see how you like trap. The trials for the American League begin this Sunday, so there may be consdiderably more activity than usual. Naperville has two junior National trap champions to it's credit.

I'll call you and we could try and catch up - Amit and I would definitely be meeting there. And, of course, we look forward to Inder joining us back in the US very soon as well as other friends coming here as well.

Cheers!