New here,...but in USA

New members post your introductions here. Existing members, spot a friend who just signed up? If you are going to post a public welcome - do it here. Birthday wishes & other festive greetings go here too, as do posts related to offline meets.
Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

New here,...but in USA

Post by Respectful » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:09 am

Hi Guys, New here,...but in USA...Big Hobby in USA for over 30 Years I would like to think. Just wanting to enjoy, learn and happy to provide feedback from here on anything, gun politics here, hopefully good opinions also in return ...was hoping I could enjoy over there when I come close to have more fun spending half time there and half over here...I am hoping I can enjoy some of the Indian firearms at the range over there if I can as my hope in ever having one over there does not look good, so I will have to keep that bit with what I have in USA. It is interesting to see what goes on over there...I wish though you all got to enjoy at lot of modern stuff over here...also experience the Can's in front that keep noise pollution down ...although you got to have special approval over here but way much more cheaper over in USA as long as you dont have bad record...that is one of the things taken away long time ago in fear of poaching during depression time ...never came back ...without paying for it and getting registered...
Enough of what you might already know from Utube maybe ,,,,but am here to have fun with my gun buddies from another mother...

it's best to start a new thread, rather than hijacking an existing one - moderator

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: New member NCR

Post by timmy » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:45 pm

Welcome, Respectful, and we look forward to your guns stories. We hope you find IFG a fun place to be.

As you've been in the USA for some time, you've probably noted that IFG is not like many gun boards in the USA. We don't have the vile treatment of other members here, nor do we have the insulting political discussions that go on in the USA -- you may have noticed the absence of these unfortunate goings on, and appreciate respectful attitudes that prevail here, as we do.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: New here,...but in USA

Post by Respectful » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:32 am

The truth be told - I understand what you mean Timmy - We have lots of in mature people and people who are stereo typing others who they did not even pay attention too as they had it too good and so to speak their own world. Now things have changed a lot more since 911 and global economy and the internet. like everywhere else we have bad apples even in our gun lover community. Hopefully they will learn and adjust otherwise no point in being a human being. The bigger the Ego the harder they will fall. Anyways my love for guns started when I got to shoot one. And it was with someone different than me but with a big heart and he let me shoot his German 9mm Luger and 357 magnum just going to a small creak in Nebraska when I was studying,,,that grew big into big hobby since after 1978. Anyways I love first 1911 in 45acp - I also like the Canadian P16 in 40 S&W - !0mm Colt...I have HK USP's etc. Recent love is purely the FN 5.7 - I have an FN Pistol and a Ruger in 5.7 - Half the Recoil of a 9mm - but it is a much lighter ,223 bullet that is awesome to shoot, I have now learn to reload those as well. I think lot of security carry those now replacing the 9mm MP5 - Uzi's with P90. I got also pleasure to shoot P90 full auto with its 50 rd magazine...if you ever come to USA you will just have to shoot it. Many places will rent those although I have a family FFL/SOT (Sot's have license to sell suppressors and own nice modern full auto guns) - this would be too long to tell but have experience thanks to god - many many such things...related to guns hopefully God will everyone else my brothers might get to enjoy them as well before the world govt's decide to Ban them if we dont push to keep our rights. I also love 300 black out - basically it is a 5.56 case cutdown and made to house a 220g 30 cal bullet and shoot from a AR15 with a 30 cal barrel with everything same even the magazine. with a can in the front and its subsonic so you dont noise of the bullet breaking the sound barrier. Well those are my fun at the moment apart from the Desert Eagle in 50 AE to bring out a smile out you...IT would be so nice if a business over in India can be allowed for people to enjoy these modern firearms by having supervised trained person for one to experience the fun without harming anyone. We are allowed to go to MG shoots hosted ny collectors in safe environment that come together every once in a while to shoot. Then after a while they allow people who came to watch shoot a magazine or belt on their gun for the cost of Ammo and a little more to help them but they do this mainly so the public enjoy to test shoot them as some of this guns you just can not afford to buy them or have been sort of grandfather them ,,,or need special licensing not available for everyone. So I am sure that might not be ever possible in India - but having a gun store-fire range business have licenses to own some of the best pistols and rifles even in SEmi Auto in the world would be great to enjoy. Man - So people are saying 4L to 5 L jus tto get into a small caliber firearm....Here we are complaining some of the nice Sig M18 Civilan
Costing us $700. etc. You all know what people have in USA ...but here I am talking to my brothers ..so this is from one of us telling you from heart that wants everyone there in this hobby to have ability to reload any type of bullet, buy any type of power to load and be able to recycle the brass to keep price down - oh and also have ability to buy primers for that. Or get access to surplus ammo cheaper...this last thing - the Democrat's who were in power signed you cannot have a USA military small arms to be now sold surplused ...so we have companys that break down them into components and then have ability to buy those...What a waste,,,but atleast we can buy some of the bullets that are so expensive in commercial ammo fully loaded ...but we canbe luck to get them broken into components and available cheap for us to load and train with those,,, some of us who reload...how good to train with expanding bullets or whatever loaded close to its specs maybe ..so you get to experience many from you gun or be able to function test after many rounds and see how your gun likes it or not in grouping etc...one example is FN loads their 5.7 for commercial use low...we take the same hornady bullets and reloaded them and push the lot more higher systematically watching signs ,,,and share ,,,,Unfortunately the 5.7 round got a bad nameas cop killer from people who dont know or know but dont want this to be owned by public. so FN being a Euro. Company just loads it low power :) I think lots of States here in the north east and West I would not care to live in...where many many fellow big Indian communities live in ...not allow so many things..Tell me how you allow FMJ and not hollow points...FMJ will penetrate our non Concrete walls far more than a hollow point that will expand as soon as it hits something solid.... I am just greatfully to be in a state that is more understanding with people in power that listen and make decisions with Logic. We have Gangs murder at least couple of other gang members everyday in Bad neighborhood but not a peep. but the first shooting due to someone wanting attention to himself ...kill ...and the whole Media goes wild...and ban firearms call comes...because they can ban things from Law biding people....but can't control Gangs or bad guys who dont follow laws...nor care to carry permit or own a legal firearm. This country of mine (Since I am a citizen now) has had so many firearms from very beginning ...Why did the Japanese worry about invading USA if it had come to that. because Lots and lots of people had access to firearms...anyways we are not perfect ,,,Not trying to make this political or such ..I am just saying dont evern give up rights that you have - fight for it ..Educate if you can - tell people okay to make choice not to own one...but also let people who want to enjoy the sport and have some sort of Insurance for protection ...hopefully you dont have to use it ...but it is there if needed...also since I am not a law enforcement person who can have a bad day in a moments time ...I dont load one in the chamber in my carry gun...or my AR15 for self defense at home ..shotgun versus Ar15 for home defense ...another topic of the day..I have control to back out of a fight - I cannot fast draw to beat a gun if it is pointing at me ...so when an opportunity arises that I can protect my self ..I use Israeli style method...Draw and load at the same time while the gun is leaving the holster of the sort. Bad JUJU leaving a gun on table or some place my Kids friends or anyone visiting can see and bad things can happen...I am not worried about my Kids as they know anf have learned about the firearms and rules...but I tell them if you happen to see a gun if visiting a friends place in open ...then report quick to an adult or leave the place and call us to come get them. Taking curiosity away from them ...letting them see how to unload, not to point in harm direction- not to have finger on the TRigger - handle the gun like its always loaded ...then again one more safety ...not having one in chamber...many of accidental discharge has even happen to adults when cleaning to due to having one chamber and forgetting - anyways they also know no access to handle a firearms unless they have to defend should things go south...They know where they need to... run to safe designated place where you have designated where you also in shooting case wont hurt your neighbors in case should you miss and overpenetration ...do not hunt if break in ,,,You dont want to kill someone because they want to steal something that is replaceable ; so not leave safe place,,,have police on line ...they always record what goes on ...the door should be closed...Yell you have a gun load to let bad guy know. Then should the bad guys enter your safe space you have no choice but protect your self...all will be recorded for future investigation...this kind thinking and prep work needs to be done before god forbid a situation arises....having a safe ...having camera systems - alarm system is another things of choice should you own more firearms...you dont want your firearms to end up in wrong hands...Sorry for long chat ...hope this gives food for thought...owning a firearm is knowing your responsibility. You draw and point only when it is needed when you life is in Danger...no need to access it in other silly situations like getting an argument or your Ego is so big and you are also compensating it by showing it ....:) oh...there is no need to go after the guy that decide to run away ...or breaking into your car...let police do there work ...or let car insurance cover it if your love ones are no way involved in the situation.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:46 pm

Welcome aboard.

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:27 am

Thank You, Prabhath Bhai. Glad to see this site and happy to see a strong interest in guns here.

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:09 pm

Great to see another fellow enthusiast in USA.

Whereabouts are you in the US of A?
- Saint

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:13 pm

In Midwest USA - how about you? I assume fellow brother with India background ? I can't private message right now due to low count of posting -other wise I would send a private msg.
Last edited by Respectful on Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:50 am

Yes originally from India. I am in DFW Texas. If you are ever in these neck of woods, give me a howler and we will have some range time and drinks, in that order.
- Saint

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:39 am

(y) And sure will do. :cheers: