Post by srikanth » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:06 am

Ha ha!! Sooo True...

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Definition of Vegetarian:

Post by Grumpy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:39 am

Yes, very true :D
Being serious about vegetarianism a moment, it`s interesting that more and more animal species that were thought to be vegetarian have been discovered to be omniverous. The classic example is Chimpanzees of course. Orang Utans were thought to be exclusively vegetarian until zoo keepers offered the animals meat occasionally and found that the animals relished the supplement. It is now reckoned that in the wild they probably take young birds, eggs, etc. The latest creature found to be omniverous is the Hippopotamus which has been seen actively hunting ( catching and eating ) Wildebeest and one was filmed attacking and eating a Zebra late last year.
I just love telling militant vegetarians that their diet is unnatural !

snIPer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by snIPer » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:08 am

not to mention a huge community that considers eggs to be pure vegetarian (I wonder how). next thing you know is ppl sayin that a sheep eats vegetarian so its a vegetable - :D all in good humor.
On my Epitaph - Off to Happy Hunting Grounds.

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:41 pm

And fish. Some things just defy logic.

dev
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by dev » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:50 pm

Grumpy";p="18950 wrote: And fish. Some things just defy logic.
According to a popular myth or tale in Assam, there is a certain variety of carp which lives off grass and is therefore vegetarian. That is why the people eating it are active vegetarians. ;-)

Dev
To ride, to speak up, to shoot straight.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:55 pm

Eats grass = their meat is vegan... Sweet! Wait till I tell my stuffy rels that their heads of cattle are fair game for a "pure vegan" dinner... ;) I think I could get quite used to this line of logic... :mrgreen: :lol:

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:51 pm

If we`re talking about bizarre logic the Barnacle Goose was regarded as fish by the Catholic Church in medieval times and as such could be eaten on Fridays because fish isn`t meat..........................
Anybody care to guess why a Goose could be regarded as fish ? ( The clue is in the name. )
By the way, Grass Carp have been imported to the UK and it has been found that their diet isn`t exclusively vegetarian - when fishing for them they are most easily caught on high protein baits.