Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Bring a shovel to a gunfight?

Post by xl_target » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Man brings shovel to gunfight.... and wins
HUDSON --
A gun versus shovel fight at a Pasco County nightclub has led to attempted murder charges.
According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, the fight happened early Friday outside the Player's Club Bar at 18728 U.S. 19 in Hudson.
Deputies said an argument escalated and a suspect fired shots into a truck, striking a man in the arm. That man, who received minor injuries in the shooting, grabbed a shovel, got out of the truck and repeatedly struck the gunman.

Deputies have not released any further information, only saying that one person in the incident was taken to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
link

Hmm! Time to ban those evil "assault" shovels
..... or maybe the guy was using an IOF Mark III.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
TC
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Bring a shovel to a gunfight?

Post by TC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:53 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

XL please remove the post before some babu in the home ministry takes note.
They may take away all the guns from farmers of India saying they are adequately armed.

And tell us in the cities to carry shovels instead ROTFL ROTFL

TC

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:59 pm

here is the evil assault shovel..

I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:57 pm

spin_drift... It's got the be the evil laser that makes it so deadly. :)
We all know that if you put the dot of the laser on the target, he's dead.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:40 am

TC wrote: ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
XL please remove the post before some babu in the home ministry takes note.
They may take away all the guns from farmers of India saying they are adequately armed.
And tell us in the cities to carry shovels instead ROTFL ROTFL
TC
]XL please remove the post before some babu in the home ministry takes note.
There cannot be a more sincere request.....
Because these "exalted persons" even go to the extent of nit-picking the difference between a SHOVEL & SPADE & believe me may also use this as a ploy to gain a study trip to overseas countries to familiarize with the subject in question :oops:
Briha

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:46 am

spin_drift wrote: Here is the evil assault shovel..
[ Image ]
> Pardon me as I'm not feeling too bright this morning :D
> Is the pic of the shovel was the real one that was used in the assault or is it an excellent skill at photo-shopping???? :roll:
Briha

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 am

Brihacharan, that is a photoshopped shovel. The actual one was simply a regular shovel someone had in their truck:

Anyway, that pic is not an assault shovel, here is a link to an assault shovel! :

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulle ... mi-warning

"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:18 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

ROTFL

TC

mrinmoy mukherjee
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by mrinmoy mukherjee » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:39 pm

Irony of the post use a shovel which is better than ak 47 or m16. Word will give up your gun guys

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:15 pm

mrinmoy mukherjee wrote:Irony of the post use a shovel which is better than ak 47 or m16. Word will give up your gun guys
If you looked at the linked article, he made the frame of the AK out of the shovel blade!

"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:55 am

Said in my best FPS Russia accent:
"in former Soviet Union, AK47 can be made out of manure shovel"

inplainsight posted this a couple of years ago.
I remember trying to choke the laughter back as I was at work when I read this.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:46 am

xl_target wrote:Said in my best FPS Russia accent:
"in former Soviet Union, AK47 can be made out of manure shovel"

inplainsight posted this a couple of years ago.
I remember trying to choke the laughter back as I was at work when I read this.
Geez I had forgotten all about it being posted here as well!

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:28 am

:lol: Good one! ROTFL
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

arni_genius
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by arni_genius » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 pm

I had read in the book The Aquarium....that a shovel is more important to a spetsnaz than his AK. He is given the shovel before he is given a rifle. And his prime job when not shooting/eating/patrolling is to dig trenches (and eventually make a network of trenches)

The spetsnaz military doctrine even goes like this:
'If you fire at an enemy, he will fire back. But if you throw a shovel at an enemy he will simply duck for cover.....because he can see it coming' :P :P

I would not want to mess with these crazy Russians....and I believe neither does Nato.

Regards,
Arnab

Added in 1 minute 40 seconds:
The Americans call their shovels an 'E-tool' (Entrenching tool)......fancy name for a simple job (that's what the Russians joke about) :P :P

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:18 am

Actually the Russians use as much jargon as most armed forces.
Their "shovel" is called an MPL-50 (malaja pehotnaja lopata – small infantry spade) (used in WW1 and WW2)

According to Spetsnaz, the story behind the Soviet SAS
In this book we are not talking about the infantry but about soldiers belonging to other units, known as spetsnaz. These soldiers never dig trenches; in fact they never take up defensive positions. They either launch a sudden attack on an enemy or, if they meet with resistance or superior enemy forces, they disappear as quickly as they appeared and attack the enemy again where and when the enemy least expects them to appear.
Surprisingly, the spetsnaz soldiers also carry the little infantry spades. Why do they need them? It is practically impossible to describe in words how they use their spades. You really have to see what they do with them. In the hands of a spetsnaz soldier the spade is a terrible noiseless weapon and every member of spetsnaz gets much more training in the use of his spade then does the infantryman. The first thing he has to teach himself is precision: tosplit little slivers of wood with the edge of the spade or to cut off the neck of a bottle so that the bottle remains whole. He has to learn to love his spade and have faith in its accuracy. To do that he places his hand on the stump of a tree with the fingers spread out and takes a big swing at the stump with his right hand using the edge of the spade. Once he has learnt to use the spade well and truly as an axe he is taught more complicated things. The little spade can be used in hand-to-hand fighting against blows from a bayonet, a knife, a fist or another spade. A soldier armed with nothing but the spade is shut in a room without windows along with a mad dog, which makes for an interesting contest. Finally a soldier is taught to throw the spade as accurately as he would use a sword or a battle-axe. It is a wonderful weapon for throwing, a single, well balanced object, whose 32-centimetre handle acts as a lever for throwing. As it spins in flight it gives the spade accuracy and thrust. It becomes a terrifying weapon. If it lands in a tree it is not so easy to pull out again. Far more serious is it if it hits someone's skull, although spetsnaz members usually do not aim at the enemy's face but at his back. He will rarely see the blade coming, before it lands in the back of his neck or between his shoulder blades, smashing the bones.
The spetsnaz soldier loves his spade. He has more faith in its reliability and accuracy than he has in his Kalashnikov automatic. An interesting psychological detail has been observed in the kind of hand-to-hand confrontations which are the stock in trade of spetsnaz. If a soldier fires at an enemy armed with an automatic, the enemy also shoots at him. But if he doesn't fire at the enemy but throws a spade at him instead, the enemy simply drops his gun and jumps to one side.
This is a book about people who throw spades and about soldiers who work with spades more surely and more accurately than they do with spoons at a table. They do, of course, have other weapons besides their spades.
Interesting reading, BTW.