I'm sick of this!

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

I'm sick of this!

Post by xl_target » Thu May 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Today is May 2nd.
Yes, dammit, it's May; "that lusty month of May" (I had to listen to Camelot too many times while growing up).
It is supposed to be summer... you know... flip-flops, t-shirts and shorts...... girls in flip-flops, t-shirts and shorts.... that kind of thing. The motorcycle is ready.... we won't even talk about that, it will just engender more anger.

So it snowed on the 25th of April, again on the 29th and then again last night with more forecast for the rest of the week. Some parts of Minnesota got 15 inches!!!!

Accumulating snow continues. Moderate to occasional heavy snow will continue through much of Thursday across portions of Southeastern Minnesota into west central Wisconsin. The heavy snow band, only approximately 30 to 40 miles in width, continues to shift slightly to the east, making for a sharp cutoff in snow totals across the area. The Heaviest totals will accumulate near and just east of a line from Albert Lea to Owatonna to Hastings in Minnesota to Balsam Lake in Wisconsin, where 4 to 7 additional inches of snowfall can be expected. Roads may become slushy or snow covered when the heaviest snow is falling. In addition. The weight of the heavy wet snow on tree limbs and power lines could cause power outages. A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect for much of West Central Wisconsin until 7 pm. Also, winter weather advisories and warning remains in effect for a portion of South Central Minnesota through 1 pm.

Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 pm CDT this afternoon.

A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 pm CDT this afternoon.

Timing: moderate to heavy snow through early this afternoon.
Snow accumulation: 3 to 6 inches.
Main impact: rapid snow accumulation may quickly make travel hazardous.
Other impacts: The Heavy wet snow may weigh down tree limbs and power lines, causing isolated power outages.
Quote from here

MINNEAPOLIS - The calendar has flipped to May, but winter made a hard-hitting appearance in southeastern Minnesota where residents are digging out from well over a foot of snow.

The National Weather Service says the 15.5 inch total registered in Owatonna could be the heaviest May snowfall in Minnesota's recorded history. The previous high snow total was a foot near Leonard, in Clearwater County, Minn. on May 3, 1954. Tower, Minn. saw 10 inches on May 3, 1950.

The snow is nearly as heavy in parts of western Wisconsin, with Baldwin reporting 14.7 inches.
Quote from here

The TV weatherman was really cheerful this morning predicting all that white stuff. I want to take that weatherman outside and before he can say "Global Warming" again, I want to stick his head in the snowbank.

It's almost as bad as a Canadian Police Chase
[youtube][/youtube]

DIE WINTER, DIE!!!!
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: I'm sick of this!

Post by Skyman » Thu May 02, 2013 10:04 pm

You ride a motorcycle?
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm

Consequences of global warning brother.

Well at least now shall we adhere to the rules and reduce to pollute the environment? :?:
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 pm

Skyman wrote:You ride a motorcycle?
See this thread
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

spin_drift
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by spin_drift » Thu May 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Come down to Delhi for a holiday. it's summers here :)
I believe in second chances… it’s called reloading

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Fri May 03, 2013 12:39 am

Thanks for the link had missed that thread.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

Mark
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Mark » Fri May 03, 2013 1:15 am

XL,

Sorry to hear about the WX!

I've been planting the garden here the past few days but am still cautious about overnight freezes, though I think in another couple days it will no longer be a threat.

It has been a crazy Spring here too, it was 88 degrees one day and 2 days later we had another snow!
"What if he had no knife? In that case he would not be a good bushman so there is no need to consider the possibility." H.A. Lindsay, 1947

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri May 03, 2013 2:14 am

He WOULD ride a motorcycle but there`s too much snow !
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 am

Grumpy wrote:He WOULD ride a motorcycle but there`s too much snow !
Yer darn tootin', he WOULD..... if he could.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri May 03, 2013 4:59 am

(I had to listen to Camelot too many times while growing up).
"I know it sounds a bit bizarre
But in Caemlot
Camelot!
That's how the seasons are!"
Grumpy wrote:He WOULD ride a motorcycle but there`s too much snow !
Oh, sure! I've done it, myself! I will confess that, when I got on ice, things didn't work out so well.

However, the motorcycle ice racers were quite avid out West. i cannot believe that in Minnesota, where almost every sport has an ice aspect, such behavior is uncommon!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri May 03, 2013 5:11 am

You lot can shut up about bloody Camelot cos the seasons stink here - spring has only just arrived .... VERY late.
I live 5 miles from Glastonbury ( Avalon ) and 10 miles or so as the crow flies from S.Cadbury ( one of the most likely locations for Camelot .... and next to the village of Queen Camel. ) I can assure you that the suits of armour, the caparisoned horses, the round table, the knightly virtue and the bloody singing is all a load of bollocks.
Make a man a fire and he`ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
( Terry Pratchett )

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri May 03, 2013 6:42 am

But, that's what Richard Burton sang about! And he's not from very far from there, right? I thought he would know...

[youtube][/youtube]
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri May 03, 2013 7:01 am

Old man frost been busy

Cheers
Skol Vikings

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Fri May 03, 2013 7:59 am

Richard Burton was Welsh.
Mind you, the Taffies also claim Arthur as one of theirs ..........
( Terry Pratchett )

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 03, 2013 8:03 am

welcome to sunny India with year round sunny days and no snow to speak of . ride all you want to the castle drink ale with dili darlings, chat with Mr. B himslef who neesds a welsh miner anyway?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.