The Unbearable Madness of being a Bawa.

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: The Unbearable Madness of being a Bawa.

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:48 am

Come now, did i really strike you as the kind that needs fluffing? I thought you give me a cookie at least...but you are quite a stingy bug*3r.

And yes, i do intend to hit the books when i can sit up.Probably when they get these staples off.
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

For Advertising mail webmaster
manshah007
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by manshah007 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:19 pm

There is this peculiar thing about parsi community "method in madness" and it is probably due to genetic effect ( not defect) as it is common among close knit communities, where there is no induction of new members is never allowed, there seem to be a very fine margin between genius and insanity. Most not all members of parsi community are in between these two extreme or else how can explain such a brilliant tribe, having insanity tag attached to them, still i fail to understand why we, the general population fail to look upon the achievements and contributions of parsi community towards the progress of our country. I have great respect for parsi community for their dedication, honesty, integrity, charity and social services. It is indeed sad that most educated, peace loving and law abiding citizens of the society are labeled as crazy if this is the norm i do not mind my self being called crazy.(iam non parsi)

kalashnikovcult
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by kalashnikovcult » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Mack The Knife wrote:Kalashnikovcult,

In theory, a Sardar-Bawa combi should make for the craziest coots on the planet but so far my boys have proved this theory wrong. Did your cousins turn out to be exceptionally loony? :mrgreen:
Hahaha...you hit the nail ! my cousins turned out to be taking the worst sides of both ..mad and cranky and crazy drinkers ! :mrgreen:
cu kar az hama hilate dar guzasht
halal ast burdan ba shamshir dast.

When all other means have failed,it is righteous to draw the sword

-- Guru Gobind Singhji Maharaj

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

Come now, did i really strike you as the kind that needs fluffing?

It's always better to judge by actions rather than looks or words. Right now you are coming across as a mincing nancy boy. So stop fluffing around and get swatting.
I thought you give me a cookie at least...but you are quite a stingy bug*3r.
Sometimes it is better to be cruel, to be kind.
And yes, i do intend to hit the books when i can sit up.Probably when they get these staples off.
That's a load of bull. You can study in bed, assuming you really want to.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:35 pm

One of these days i am going to throw a bee hive at you.

I write and learn, o Bawa.

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm

where there is no induction of new members is never allowed
That's one of their nuttier decisions but probably applicable to Indian Parsis only.
When the elders are asked why others cannot be included into the Zarathustrian faith, the usual answer is that we must keep our promise not to proselytise. The racist (used in the original, rather than the more prevalent derogatory form) one's will bluntly tell you that they do not want to mix their blood line. They are obviously ignorant of the extent of the Persian empire from the Danube to the Indus. However, the real reason may well be the Parsi Panchayat's reluctance to monetarily support more needy Parsis. It is a misconception that the entire community is well off.
With sixty odd thoousand of us left in India, it makes no sense sitting on that mountain of money.
I have great respect for parsi community for their dedication, honesty, integrity, charity and social services.
That is still true to a large extent but I have seen a fair few go the other way. Disappointing!
It is indeed sad that most educated, peace loving and law abiding citizens of the society are labeled as crazy.
Nothing to be sad about when you consider that they quite good humouredly foster and advocate such a belief. ROTFL It does show the confidence of the community in itself though.

icemanV
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by icemanV » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Something in the DNA that sets their ar** on fire

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 pm

Skyman wrote:One of these days i am going to throw a bee hive at you.
ROTFL

Do you know where said beehive will reside if you don't do well in your exams?

Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:52 pm

icemanV wrote:Something in the DNA that sets their ar** on fire
What that has to do with a combustible backside, I have no idea. However, in future be punctual and maintain your commitments.

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:29 pm

You are a man who favors the taste of salt and vinegar to that of honey.Pah! And Your Highness, do see if you can spare some of your time within the next two months.I intend to learn a bit if you please.

You would have done fine with the mob don't you think?

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:15 pm

My introduction to a bawa here was by old baba was " then there is this crazy patriotic gun nut bawa in banglore "...keep up the madness

SMJ
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by SMJ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:07 pm

And that same madness produced one...no hold on 2 legendary names in the music biz - Zubin Mehta a legendary conductor of the NY Philharmonic Orchestra currently director of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra and Farrokh Bulsara.....known to the world as the rock legend Freddie Mercury and the front man for the band Queen!
Old thread, nevertheless begets reviving..