Funny things in the movies related to guns

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Funny things in the movies related to guns

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Since we are all (theoretically, for me) better versed in the art & science of weapons than the average movie screenwriter, I thought let's put down some funnies as seen in the movies related to guns. The obvious choices like MGs with unlimited ammo, etc..... and then some....

Inspiration: Was watching Anaconda III last night (son wanted to see..... can't help!!)..... apart from the rather evidently "plasticky" snake, and the overturning of scientific fact, what set me laughing aloud was the stupid choice of weaponry.

You are chasing a snake as big as a T-rex, genetically modified to be altius, fortius, strontius........ and you choose a Heckler & Koch MP5 :lol: :lol: :lol: (at least that's what it looked like!!). 9 mm SMG, which is not used even on humans at anything more than a few feet...... and you shoot a fast moving target from a fast moving vehicle over uneven terrain with Hollywoodian 100 round per second bursts!! My son was rather pissed off at me for laughing at rather awkward moments (like when people are swallowed whole by the super snake!!).... No one had a BAR or BMG?
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

For Advertising mail webmaster
inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: Funny things in the movies related to guns

Post by inplainsight » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 pm

Rajnikanth!!

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:02 pm

What makes you think the MP5 can't be used on humans beyond a few feet?
I would rather hit my target gently than miss hard.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm

Readings on the internet. As I said, my knowledge is theoretical. Haven't fired an MP5 on a human at any range.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:32 pm

Its true that only true gun lovers & those who own & use guns are aware of the technicalities connected with them.
But what gets my goat is when journalists report crime that involved guns....
Eg: Mr. XYZ was shot at point blank range with a 12 bore revolver ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL :oops: :oops: :oops:
I wish crime reporters would do a proper research & then report :deadhorse: :D
Briha

wingsoffires66
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by wingsoffires66 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Haven't fired an MP5 on a human at any range.

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL
seenay mein hain chingariyaan , thodasa barood bhartey hain......

Girte hain Shahi sawar maidaan-e-jung mein, woh kya girenge jo ghutno pe chala kartey hain

StampMaster
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by StampMaster » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 am

True friends,

our gun policies are itself a big joke with too many restrictions.
brihacharan- nice one. Funny.
”Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 am

Two come to mind immediately:

1. In Alfred Hitchcock's Topaz, when Rico Parra shoots Juanita de Cordoba in the back with his 1911, the hammer is not cocked afterwards. This is a fairly common problem in movies. After shooting a semiauto pistol, the hammer should be cocked. Such an error is not excusable in my book.

2. In that great movie The Day of the Jackal (not that awful thing with John Revolting! I mean the real one where there are Citroen DS21s running around in Paris), when Deputy inspector Claude LaBelle shoots the Jackal with the policeman's submachine gun, the Jackal flies against the wall like he was shot out of a cannon. Also a mistake found in other movies.

All is not bad: In that fine piece of film noir, The Big Sleep, when Bogey empties his Colt into Canino, there are six shots fired. He counts Canino shooting and knows Canino's revolver is empty, and sure enough, the movie has Canino shooting six times and emptying his gun before Bogey pumps him full of lead.

Regarding Rajinikanth, all that stuff shown in his movies is true, true, true. I believe every bit of it.

I suggest all other IFG members "Mind It" as well, or face the consequences. Remember, he chased that snake out of Ganga, and he just might send Chandramukhi your way.

As my Mother taught me, a word to the wise is sufficient.

Besides, he's not all guns and violence. I especially like this scene from Thai Meethu Sathiyam

[youtube][/youtube]

So there!

Chuck Norris, bah!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:22 am

Having suggested it to myself, I just finished watching Topaz again, and sure enough, there is the 45, not cocked after supposedly being fired
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:44 am

Django Unchained has some very realistic gunfights though.

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 pm

friends you all have forgotten ''shooting locks''!?!?god bless the shooter.
regards
dr.jk

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:04 pm

I think in the latest trailer of Zila Ghaziabad Sanjay Dutt takes out a Pistol from his drawer and says "Sir, this is my service revolver"! So much for a man booked under TADA for posessing an AK-47!

Skyman
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Skyman » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:12 pm

What about the Matrix? And most of the John Woo movies....

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:00 pm

SS wrote:I think in the latest trailer of Zila Ghaziabad Sanjay Dutt takes out a Pistol from his drawer and says "Sir, this is my service revolver"! So much for a man booked under TADA for posessing an AK-47!
ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Remember someone (I think it was XL) post a video (sometime back) from a Hollywood movie where this fellow shoots a pumpkin (or something) with a rifle and the thing blows into pieces.

I have a feeling this is going to be a really funny thread essdee1972. :cheers:
Come on guys . Lets have some movie clips.

TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:00 am

prashantsingh wrote:
Remember someone (I think it was XL) post a video (sometime back) from a Hollywood movie where this fellow shoots a pumpkin (or something) with a rifle and the thing blows into pieces.

I have a feeling this is going to be a really funny thread essdee1972. :cheers:
Come on guys . Lets have some movie clips.
Hit with a high-velocity expanding bullet it most certainly will blow up. That one is real. A plastic jug filled with water is also quite spectacular.

Well, the list is long. How about the view through binoculars with two adjacent distinct views? Or the assassin with his .300 Weatherby Magnum with a tiny silencer. After sighting on the victim across the street, adjusting the scope three times, he pulls the trigger. There's just a click, no recoil, no sound, the window shatters, and the victim is thrown across the room. Seems the more technical detail they are trying to convey, the more they expose their ignorance.