Any guess guyz ?

Post all jokes/ quizzes/ teasers/ 'identify this' type of posts here
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:45 am

sorry grumpy i forgot to paste the source of this material. I have edited it. :)

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Any guess guyz ?

Post by Grumpy » Wed May 09, 2007 8:01 am

Thanks Danish - it`s easily done.....and easily forgotten !

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 am

eljefe";p="19611 wrote:PS-sorry for the speed read, came back from sleep to clear this-It is NOT a bull pup!
The magazine lies on top, parallel to the body, thats what the 90 degree rotation of the cartridge is all about!

That reddish tinged box in the pic above? fixed above the thumbhole, and the spare box below the rifle? those are the mags
No complaints so far about feeding probs.Word has it that it is in use, and /or eval by Indian Army too.Dont know if it is a contender for the IMI bull pup series shoot off.
Hi eljefe,

Strictly speaking, the P90 is a Bullpup since the breech and reciprocating mechanism is located behind the hand grip. This also means the Chamber/breech/bolt and firing mechanism are housed in the section of the weapon that can be called the butt-stock.

Pretty innovative piece though, one of the few bullpups other than the FN F2000, and the HK G11, to offer FULL ambidexterity. One should try popping regular Bullpups left handed.... I can guarantee it wont be a pleasant experience (Not that I've actually fired one!!)

About the Indian Military evaluating it.... I can imagine the logistical mayhem if it were to come to that. One solution could be to see the possibility of a version firing the Indian 5.56mmX30 MINSAS ammo. The MINSAS ammo was specially developed with the likes of the P90 and HK MP7 PDW as inspiration. Of course if you take a look at the MINSAS in the OFB page, you'll see the attempts at aping the concept have been pretty lame and un-innovative....

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Thu May 10, 2007 12:28 pm

Sure enuff CC, bull pup as you described, technically and in retrospection.
I have met a couple of Royal Marines , who had some very unpleasant things to say about the SA80, firing off the left side and in barricade situations :twisted:
Hope I'll never get to know first hand !
Adding to the Indian Army's logistical nightmare is an art fine honed and polished, so whats new? :twisted:
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun May 13, 2007 6:05 am

Lets see if I can upload the picture and we can guess what this Uzi'sh gun is

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun May 13, 2007 6:12 am

"I have met a couple of Royal Marines , who had some very unpleasant things to say about the SA80, firing off the left side and in barricade situations" "

I`ve shot an SA80...........and had some very unpleasant things to say about it as well !

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Sun May 13, 2007 6:49 am

Dunno what that is Navi - and if you say it is some airsoft thing I`m gonna thump you so hard.........................................................!!!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun May 13, 2007 10:24 am

Grumpy

This is supposedly Modern Submachine Carbine (MSMC) or Personal defense weapon (PDW) variant of INSAS to be made by Indian ordnance factory . So just seeking verification from other better informed members here.

Cheers

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Mon May 14, 2007 1:47 am

Well I never........Thanks for showing that Navi - no wonder I didn`t recognise it !

Grumpy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Grumpy » Thu May 17, 2007 8:50 am

Back to the P 90. I`ve been trying to find ballistics figures for the P 90 and have finally found two sources which quote velocities of 1650 or 1800 feet per second with a 40 gr V-Max bullet from the SS196 SR ammunition. This corresponds with Muzzle Energies of 242 or 288 ft lbs. Truly pathethetic performance ! To put this into perspective, the .22 WMR ( Winchester Magnum Rimfire - or .22 mag rimfire as it is usually known) produces 322 ft lbs Muzzle Energy. The CCI Stinger .22 lr produces 191 ft lbs ME by the way.
The P 90s almost unbelievably crappy performance has to be the result of the very short barrel. It is extraordinary to think that there are military special forces units armed with this piece of junk and trusting their lives to it. It would make much more sense to arm troops with a 9mm pistol instead.
It wouldn`t surprise me to learn that those American manufacturers that produce sporting .22 WMR semi-auto rifles offered them with a 30 round mag to special forces around the world as a more effective, more powerful and much less expensive alternative to the P 90 !
Of course the next thing we might hear is that the Dutch special forces have adopted air rifles. With their current armament it looks like they won`t be engaged in `the war against terrorism` so much as the `war against Sparrows` !

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu May 17, 2007 12:04 pm

Grumpy";p="20262 wrote:Of course the next thing we might hear is that the Dutch special forces have adopted air rifles. With their current armament it looks like they won`t be engaged in `the war against terrorism` so much as the `war against Sparrows` !
:lol: Good one! ;)
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein